Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Akesh wrote: »
    Store managers and Argos Ireland have no idea of stock as of now because the UK won't receive allocation numbers until early next week. It's not hard to follow.

Stop taking about something you have no idea about.

How did every other retailler receive their allocation from Sony already, but Argos UK are being kept in the dark until next week? How would they even ship them in time for launch assuming there were any to send over here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Sorry to keep going on about this.

Revolut payment failed this morning,

Was there any money on the card when payment was requested?
    If not, it was always going to fail.
    Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I top up my Revolut will it automatically try this card again?

Seems to be your only option I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    Lad your the only one saying that they will have stock. Multiple people on this thread have said that there is no stock. Managers would obviously have a fair idea at this stage id imagine

Again, more nonsense. I'm not saying they will have stock as it will depend on the UK allocation. Store managers have no idea about consoles and anyone telling you they do is lying. Store managers are not stock managers.

People suggesting X or y definitely won't have stock are talking nonsense. We will only start to see what is due to come in early next week, until then nobody has any idea.

I'm only posting this as it's clear some on here are trying to speak as an authority on some issues when the retailer's stock managers' still don't know. There are parents checking this thread to see if they can get one for Xmas and I'm just suggesting that people should check Argos as they may have stock and not just take Dan's word for it because he clearly has no idea how Argos manage their stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

I'm only posting this as it's clear some on here are trying to speak as an authority on some issues

Yes, you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

F1ngers wrote: »
    Was there any money on the card when payment was requested?
    If not, it was always going to fail.

Seems to be your only option I reckon.

I used revolut to pre order, and he was going to change his payment details, but he didnt do it in time.
    His phone reset yesterday, and cant get back into his gmail. Password recovery isint working for gmail, so hes screwed. Cant contact Smyths to try sort it either.

No way of updating payment details without the link in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Again, more nonsense. I'm not saying they will have stock as it will depend on the UK allocation. Store managers have no idea about consoles and anyone telling you they do is lying. Store managers are not stock managers.

People suggesting X or y definitely won't have stock are talking nonsense. We will only start to see what is due to come in early next week, until then nobody has any idea.

I'm only posting this as it's clear some on here are trying to speak as an authority on some issues when the retailer's stock managers' still don't know. There are parents checking this thread to see if they can get one for Xmas and I'm just suggesting that people should check Argos as they may have stock and not just take Dan's word for it because he clearly has no idea how Argos manage their stock.

And how exactly do you know more than people who have talked, on multiple occasions, to staff and managers?

It’s better to be realistic than say “ah they’ll have stock everyone is wrong but me”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony have already stated for the EU they want all launch day console sales to be online only and that is why Argos probably kept their allocation for their UK stores as your are not able to pre order off of Argos here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

bennyl10 wrote: »
    And how exactly do you know more than people who have talked, on multiple occasions, to staff and managers?

It’s better to be realistic than say “ah they’ll have stock everyone is wrong but me”

Because staff and store managers have absolutely nothing to do with stock, so they have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

There has literally been 4 or 5 people in this thread alone (myself being one of them) who have called or dropped into an Argos and got the same response. They are not just "making this up" as you seem to insinuate. They do know what they are talking about as they are in charge of their stores.

All of the Irish managers had a meeting with the UK and were outright told that they wouldn't be getting any stock for launch because the UK oversold their preorders, and as it is a UK company they are giving preference to their UK stores. Argos IE don't even have a catalogue entry for the PS5 on their website, 6 days before launch.

Now, with that said, I will probably be checking anyway too "just in case" and if other people want to, then they absolutely should. So I do agree with you there. But, what many of us are saying is thag the chances of seeing any given the word from the company themselves (with multiple sources) is next to 0%.

EDIT: Trying to claim the manager of a store has "no idea" about stock is insane. It is their job to know a little about every aspect of the store. Given that this is one of the biggest product launches of the year, and they are getting the questions so often, you can be damn sure they are informed of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Xenji wrote: »
    Sony have already stated for the EU they want all launch day console sales to be online only and that is why Argos probably kept their allocation for their UK stores as your are not able to pre order off of Argos here.

Well that makes no sense as Smyth's are click and collect and no reason Argos cannot operate the same as for the series x launch, it's all guesswork reckon just try Argos on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Charged by smyths this morning. No update email yet though.

Because staff and store managers have absolutely nothing to do with stock, so they have no idea.

They received an email from head office last week

How do you explain that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oat23 wrote: »
    On advice here the other day I told my mate to try changing his Amazon PS5 order to his Irish address but he got an error. That was on Thursday. He messaged me there saying he tried again this morning and it worked. In the picture it says "New delivery speed is standard delivery" and the estimated delivery says Nov 21st now instead of the 19th.

So if anyone else wanted to change to their Irish address it seems to work now but it might take a few days longer to receive.

He's happy enough with a few days delay and getting direct delivery. I sort of scared him telling him of my experience with expensive parcels falling off the back of the Parcel Motel trucks :pac:

Changed mine there just to eliminate one of the links in the chain (PM), but it's now giving me an estimated delivery date of Nov 21-24. It'll probably still be quicker than going via Parcel Motel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Still no charge on my side and nothing changed on the Smyths website for my disc version being delivered. Wonder if it’s cause I changed payment details in October. Might take a little longer, hopefully this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Klair88 wrote: »
    Still no charge on my side and nothing changed on the Smyths website for my disc version being delivered. Wonder if it’s cause I changed payment details in October. Might take a little longer, hopefully this weekend.

No I'm the same tbh. Pre ordered smyths in Sept and haven't changed a thing since. No update from them for delivery to Galway. I'd say they are just working through them over the weekend tbh... I hope. My pre order is on pending state on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

I changed my payment details in October and it came out today around 1pm. I'd say just sit tight, there's plenty of time.

I changed my payment details in October and it came out today around 1pm. I'd say just sit tight, there's plenty of time.

That’s what ya like to hear when you lose your card!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

detoxkid wrote: »
    No I'm the same tbh. Pre ordered smyths in Sept and haven't changed a thing since. No update from them for delivery to Galway. I'd say they are just working through them over the weekend tbh... I hope. My pre order is on pending state on their site.

Same here, I haven't changed my payment details or anything about the order and still showing as In Progress on Smyths website with no emails or charges.

I'd say they are just doing the charging and dispatch in batches

Grand I’ll just keep checking. Not too worried, off from the 19th to the 30th so plenty of time to get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,293 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

7ede55a7c00ba401859220ae8cf14c59.png

EntireBestLemur-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

Grand I’ll just keep checking. Not too worried, off from the 19th to the 30th so plenty of time to get stuck in

Off 17/11 to 24th myself....of December. :pac:

F1ngers wrote: »
    Off 17/11 to 24th myself....of December. :pac:

Demons souls platinum time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demons souls platinum time

Will be my third DeS plat.
    Can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

When you changed your payment details for the pre order did you have to click place order at the bottom of the page?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Smyths email with tracking number and money taken for ps5 itself. :D
    They are shipping with ups and ups looks to have the option to collect from depot wonder could I get it a day early if I collected from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    Lad your the only one saying that they will have stock. Multiple people on this thread have said that there is no stock. Managers would obviously have a fair idea at this stage id imagine

Why would anyone looking for one take anyone else's word for any retailer having none? Everyone here are total strangers to everyone else. We have a lad here with 4 preorders who accused someone else of scalping yet isn't saying what he's doing with his spares. I'd be wary of anything anyone is saying here and just work it out for myself. Every man for himself. Shenanigan's possible everywhere.

If you want one be ready to sit up all night checking the Argos website and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Are we thinking Gamestop wont ship til like the day before or launch day itself like they did for the Xbox launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Smyths email with tracking number and money taken for ps5 itself. :D
    They are shipping with ups and ups looks to have the option to collect from depot wonder could I get it a day early if I collected from them.
    Smyths shipping with DPD for me they took for my ps5 just waiting for them to take for my nephew ps5 probably tomorrow hopefully with DPD rather than UPS they don't give you a time slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

I changed mine last week and got my tracking link at 15:30. They seem to be using different couriers for different parts of Ireland so I wouldn't panic.

Advertisement