Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

jewels652 wrote: »
    Hi there, I just went to the smyths page but it says is out of stock and does not let me take an order please help me what should I do?

If you're only trying to order one now then best of luck. They're sold out because they were only for pre-orders. They might have stock on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Any advice for a tv for new gen tv with 4 HDMI ports ? Will be using for ps5/series X/ sport on IPTV . Less then a €1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

what should I do?

Finding a Delorean with a flux capacitor installed will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foolishcharlie

Just got a UPS tracking email for my disc PS5 from Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Amazon have clearly ramped up their Irish operations possibly Brexit related.

For example

-Allowing people to now select an Irish deliver address for the console
    -prominent option on home page to show euro pricing or select different regions
    -they’ve opened local logistics centres
    -and I’ve just received a shipment notification for a standard delivery item that will arrive tomorrow so clearly not coming from uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Thank you all for clarifying this for me.. My kids want the ps5 for Christmas so I decided to start my Christmas shopping yesterday little did I know the ps5 is in such high demand :).
    Will Argos have it on sale when the ps5 is out? Also I read that there is a tv requirement for the ps5 we have a sharp smart TVs will that do?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Amazon have clearly ramped up their Irish operations possibly Brexit related.

For example

-Allowing people to now select an Irish deliver address for the console
    -prominent option on home page to show euro pricing or select different regions
    -they’ve opened local logistics centres
    -and I’ve just received a shipment notification for a standard delivery item that will arrive tomorrow so clearly not coming from uk.

Ye, I agree, I've gotten a couple of items within one day as well. I was wondering whether they would ship the PS5's for Ireland over and then despatch them from their Irish warehouse. Would be great if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Will Argos have it on sale when the ps5 is out? Also I read that there is a tv requirement for the ps5 we have a sharp smart TVs will that do?

Thanks in advance

It's unlikely Argos will be getting any on Thursday (launch day) but some retaillers should have some more before xmas. Avoid Gamestop altogether, don't pay any deposit to them they wont have any for general sale until next year. Smyths would be my best bet but be quick, they'll sell out in minutes.

Any modern TV will work with the PS5, but obviously a good 4K TV would give the best image/experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Thank you all for clarifying this for me.. My kids want the ps5 for Christmas so I decided to start my Christmas shopping yesterday little did I know the ps5 is in such high demand :).

Thanks in advance

Anyone that sells them should get some sort of allocation of units. Argos should have them on launch day but you'll need to be quick.

But the first wave are probably snapped up already when pre-ordered in September.

Your best bet is to just check on the day and hope you can get someones cancelled or uncollected pre-order and it goes back into stock.

Whatever is there will fly off the shelves.

Also some people that have pre-ordered have been told not to expect delivery until 2021 so I wouldn't guarantee the kids you'll get this.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tom Thumbless

Just got the mail that DPD will be delivering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Thanks in advance

It's unlikely Argos will have any on Thursday, it will probably be hard to get one before Xmas unless you follow threads on here and retailers on Twitter.

There is talk of another batch due in early December and could potentially be another before Xmas but they'll most likely sell out fast. Some retailers will give advanced warning about new stock and allow you to preorder online before it arrives

TV should be fine, most of the TV talk is just around latest TVs that will give a better picture with the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Thanks in advance

Someone on reddit rang all the stores that would usually sell them, below is the results, not looking good but maybe some availability on launch who knows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/jtiwuv/ps5_availability_by_stores/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

mightyreds wrote: »
    Someone on reddit rang all the stores that would usually sell them, below is the results, not looking good but maybe some availability on launch who knows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/jtiwuv/ps5_availability_by_stores/

Being between the UK and the US you'd think Ireland would be in prime position to get important stock in a reasonable timeframe; instead it looks like we're some kind of forgotten satellite off Pluto's third moon.

Whoever is responsible for this needs firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I take it it's just the delivery orders Smyths have taken for so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

As someone who saw the money leave his account this morning, and it's not even for me, it's for a friend...

adxgaWZE_700w_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I take it it's just the delivery orders Smyths have taken for so far?

Yup
    C&C won’t be until Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Thank you so much for the answers. I have family in the United States and they offered to buy it and send it over but we are not sure if it’ll work here in Ireland.

I know nothing about this kind of things the only ones who’ll know are the kids but I can’t ask them because they still believe in Santa haha my life just got so complicated over a ps5 :)

I’ll probably have to tell them that Santa had to into self isolation the day before Christmas so he won’t be able to deliver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Whatdoyoumean

Received dispatch email, waiting for tracking information to show.

From people’s experience, do DPD allow you to reroute packages? I have just moved house, didn’t think it would happen before the release! If not, I assume you can collect from a depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

Received dispatch email, waiting for tracking information to show.

From people’s experience, do DPD allow you to reroute packages? I have just moved house, didn’t think it would happen before the release! If not, I assume you can collect from a depot?

I always get a text in advance with option to login and reroute the delivery, one of those options is to collect at depot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Smyth's have replied to me and said unfortunately the 24Hrs have lapsed and we can no longer update the payment details. Ultimately it's his own fault, but still a bit ****ty that we couldn't contact them at all, except for the shop who couldn't do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Thank you so much for the answers. I have family in the United States and they offered to buy it and send it over but we are not sure if it’ll work here in Ireland.

It will work in Ireland, you'll just need the UK/Ireland 3 Pin plug for it, but i'm sure the US are very low on stock as well. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Just to confirm I was also finally able to change my Amazon order to my home address. Only problem is the delivery estimate is now 21-24 November but hopefully it comes quicker than that. Still probably better and safer than paying €25 for an oversized Parcel wizard/motel package! I have also noticed that since Amazon started delivering their own parcels instead of using An Post/DPD the delivery day usually seems to be quicker than the initial estimate so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So I have preordered on Smyths for Launch Click & Collect so not too concerned about money not being taken yet (And, of course, no shipping). But would love another short mail with details. Probably Tuesday I'd say.

However I also ordered one on Gamestop (Which I offered here and am delighted that someone is able to get one at launch and not go to tout scum). Anyway, has anyone heard anything from GS after the text around 02/11? I have faith in Smyths (Hopefully) but little faith in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Smyth's have replied to me and said unfortunately the 24Hrs have lapsed and we can no longer update the payment details. Ultimately it's his own fault, but still a bit ****ty that we couldn't contact them at all, except for the shop who couldn't do anything.

Again, sorry to keep going on about it. Smyth's customer service on Facebook replied, saying the above. Then I explained we were in contact with Blanchardstown. They obviously got the details from that support ticket, and were able to send the payment details to the alternate email I provided to Blanch yesterday.

Unbelievable customer service, streets ahead of most company's I have dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So I have preordered on Smyths for Launch Click & Collect so not too concerned about money not being taken yet (And, of course, no shipping). But would love another short mail with details. Probably Tuesday I'd say.

However I also ordered one on Gamestop (Which I offered here and am delighted that someone is able to get one at launch and not go to tout scum). Anyway, has anyone heard anything from GS after the text around 02/11? I have faith in Smyths (Hopefully) but little faith in Gamestop.

Smyths probably won’t contact again until Wednesday night when they take money. That’s how it went with accessories games etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I know nothing about this kind of things the only ones who’ll know are the kids but I can’t ask them because they still believe in Santa haha my life just got so complicated over a ps5 :)

I’ll probably have to tell them that Santa had to into self isolation the day before Christmas so he won’t be able to deliver :)

Regarding the technicalities, The PS5 apparently is dual voltage (US on 110 volts, Ireland on 240) and the games are also region free so this should work.

Regarding getting the PS5 for such young kids. I know kids want the latest and greatest and the one that is being advertised heavily on TV but it is also worth considering the PS4. All the games for the PS5 will also be available on the PS4 and any new games for at least the next year will also be developed for the PS4 and will, in general, be cheaper.

The PS5 is quite an investment for running Fortnite or Minecraft (I am assuming that's the age your kids are at). The vast majority of people buying are hardcore console gamers (Not me) or tech nerds/early adopters who really want the fancy new thing (Me :) )

But of course that's easy for me to say, having no kids. And I don't mean to tell you how to spend your money of course. Just an observation that the PS4 is still a great piece of kit and well worth a buy and, unless you absolutely HAVE to have something running in Ultra HD at 60 frames per second. (HAVE you a 4K/Ultra HD TV do you know?)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭marilynrr

detoxkid wrote: »
    Smyths. Money jus taken out of my revolut. No tracking email yet. 502e including Delivery. Exciting

I wasn't charged any delivery charge, mine was €499.99. I wonder why that was?
    There was no delivery charge on the controller I got during the week either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

marilynrr wrote: »
    I wasn't charged any delivery charge, mine was €499.99
    it probably was revolut charging the €2. Smyths usually charge €4.99 for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭marilynrr

For those asking about Amazon, I got a pre-order in with the German Amazon straight away and there's no movement on that order either.
    rob808 wrote: »
    it probably was revolut charging the €2. Smyths usually charge €4.99 for delivery.

Ok thanks, no delivery charges on any of mine anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Same no delivery charge from smyths for me.

Advertisement