Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Just received my tracking from Smyths, being delivered with DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

Will Amazon ship ps5 to Ireland if more stock becomes available does anyone know? If not, I have an addresspal account setup with them. Will that work. Thanks.

Edit: I have a Prime account, if that makes any diff. Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Got tracking link via email now. DPD delivering. Just a waiting & refreshing that link game now

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Amazon have been using larger delivery windows to cover themselves of recent. I would think the console arrives before the estimated 21-24th in Dublin anyways with their distribution network set up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Yeah they’ll ship prime makes no diff. You can sign up for an notification when stock comes available.
    Will Amazon ship ps5 to Ireland if more stock becomes available does anyone know? If not, I have an addresspal account setup with them. Will that work. Thanks.

Edit: I have a Prime account, if that makes any diff. Probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

CFC007 wrote: »
    Yeah they’ll ship prime makes no diff. You can sign up for an notification when stock comes available.

Thanks CFC, wasnt sure as I see a lot of people saying they using parcel motel and thought maybe they not shipping them to Ireland.
    Ya I signed up for a notification, thanks. Searching it there now it only giving a result for the digital edition and no disc edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

So I received an email from Amazon to say they noticed I'm using a package delivery service and ps5 will now be offered direct to Irish customers if I change my address. They said it "may" delay the delivery.

So I did it and it changed the estimate from the 20th to the 23rd-24th.

My parcel motel address had the wrong code anyway (cos I was in a rush setting it up while trying to secure my ps5 order).

No regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Oh and I had to do it on a PC in case anyone is wondering. I couldn't find a way to do it on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Smyths took money today and I have a DPD tracking link

Also have an order with amazon, but from what I can tell no payment taken yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

R.F. wrote: »

Will you also be using your amazon pre order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

If u have 2 and only need one I’ll will buy one

Penn wrote: »
    It's not discrimination though. The UK stores had a framework for taking pre-orders, whereas the Irish stores did not. The UK stores need the full allocation of consoles they're getting to fulfill the pre-orders they've already taken in the UK, hence no more left for the Irish stores which haven't taken pre-orders anyway.

It's a business decision, and no doubt it'll annoy much of their Irish customers who missed out on pre-orders elsewhere and were banking on getting one in Argos on release, but either way, it's not discrimination.
    Discrimination means treating groups differently, giving preferential treatment to one group on the basis of (for example) nationality.

A business with a presence both here and the UK, not selling the system here because they need those units in the UK is discrimination. It meets the literal definition.

Taking pre-orders in the UK etc - these are explanations. And they may be correct. But explaining the reason for discrimination doesn't make it not so.

If the UK stores oversold then the just (fair) thing to do would be to supply what they can and say tough luck to the rest, we'll get you in the next wave. Not take units away from Irish branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Anyone know if people got Xbox Series X early through Smyths delivery? Just wondering if there’s a chance. Wouldn’t bother me at all tho cos I’m only off work from launch day to the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have to say I'm a little worried reading all these reports of loud PS5 consoles. I had expected a silent console like the new Xboxes but it appears it might be a bit of a lottery again.

I have not played on my PS4 Pro for a few weeks now due to fan noise. I've just had enough. If the PS5 is the same I'll probably decide to switch to a Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Emz1234 wrote: »
    Will you also be using your amazon pre order
    Dubdude wrote: »
    If u have 2 and only need one I’ll will buy one

Yes the other is for my son

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

A business with a presence both here and the UK, not selling the system here because they need those units in the UK is discrimination. It meets the literal definition.

They're going to try and fulfill their preorders first. They overestimated their allocations, got greedy and took payments in advance. The UK is a far larger market for them. Is it ****, yes, but nobody in Ireland has 'lost out' from Argos, they didn't have a preorder to begin with, it's just one less retailler to look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Klair88 wrote: »
    Anyone know if people got Xbox Series X early through Smyths delivery? Just wondering if there’s a chance. Wouldn’t bother me at all tho cos I’m only off work from launch day to the 30th

I think the DPD link will only go live from the Wednesday night, I know they are doing the label now and it would be great to get it early but can't see it happening, I'm off Thursday and Friday also so probably won't get a minute with it til Thursday anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

Yes the other is for my son

Thanks anyway worth a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I have to say I'm a little worried reading all these reports of loud PS5 consoles. I had expected a silent console like the new Xboxes but it appears it might be a bit of a lottery again.

I have not played on my PS4 Pro for a few weeks now due to fan noise. I've just had enough. If the PS5 is the same I'll probably decide to switch to a Series X.

Where are all these reports? All I've seen from the various reviewers over the last week is how quiet it is. I'm sure there's been a couple shown on social media that are louder/faulty - similar to some Series X's that have caused issues - but these are always in the minority. You don't get reports from the millions of consoles that work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Anyone still waiting on a dispatch mail from Smyths? Took the money earlier but no email with tracking info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

shrewdness wrote: »
    Where are all these reports? All I've seen from the various reviewers over the last week is how quiet it is. I'm sure there's been a couple shown on social media that are louder/faulty - similar to some Series X's that have caused issues - but these are always in the minority. You don't get reports from the millions of consoles that work just fine.

Coil Whine you get it on GPU cards

https://twitter.com/RobLescaille/status/1327316983612727296?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Yeah looked through my recent parcels and they've all been next day too.

But it's too big for the locker apparently. No idea if the home delivery is any different time wise?

Can anyone confirm it's oversized? I know the console itself is massive, but the lockers are pretty big. No idea on the packaging Amazon will put it in.

If it's oversized, would you be quicker asking them to drop it to you (if they have capacity to load it to bring it to a locker, they would surely have capacity to bring it your house if you are close by) or collecting it from the depot? Not sure if the PM runs are separate to home delivery, as mine always seems to check in between 1-6am so they might be separate runs.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Where are all these reports? All I've seen from the various reviewers over the last week is how quiet it is.

Read r/PS5, it's not just coil whine but crazy fan noise, crashing consoles, blue light of death, graphics glitches, no games launching, scratched up consoles out the box. They are obviously small numbers compared to the amount sold, but it makes you hope yours is going to be OK, because even with your warranty, they wont replace it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thanks, hadn't seen that yet. Suppose it's always the risk of being an early adopter. No doubt it's very low numbers getting it, but you don't want to be one of the unlucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

occne wrote: »
    Read r/PS5, it's not just coil whine but crazy fan noise, crashing consoles, blue light of death, graphics glitches, no games launching, scratched up consoles out the box. They are obviously small numbers compared to the amount sold, but it makes you hope yours is going to be OK, because even with your warranty, they wont replace it this year.

This happens with every launch

This happens with every launch

I know that, little comfort though if it happens to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

v3ttel wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm it's oversized? I know the console itself is massive, but the lockers are pretty big. No idea on the packaging Amazon will put it in.

If it's oversized, would you be quicker asking them to drop it to you (if they have capacity to load it to bring it to a locker, they would surely have capacity to bring it your house if you are close by) or collecting it from the depot? Not sure if the PM runs are separate to home delivery, as mine always seems to check in between 1-6am so they might be separate runs.

I don't think it's going in their lockers I ordered 2 ps4's first was launch and had to collect it from depot. The second Amazon shipped it without any packaging, causing me to panic and that I also had to collect it from their depot, I think they will send a text or advise that it's oversized and give you options of home delivery. You can also log into your account and change from locker to home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

extrafluff wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on a dispatch mail from Smyths? Took the money earlier but no email with tracking info.
    Same here. I expect we'll get that email in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

My dpd link from smyths seems to work now but all it says is “order data received from sender”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    My dpd link from smyths seems to work now but all it says is “order data received from sender”

This status means that we have received the data pertaining to your delivery from the shipper - the parcel has not neccessarily been received by DPD yet.

Advertisement