Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

thegame wrote: »
    This status means that we have received the data pertaining to your delivery from the shipper - the parcel has not neccessarily been received by DPD yet.

I know i was just saying that the link works.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    I know i was just saying that the link works.

hopefully get them soon mate. Least we know we will get one now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Logged into my Parcel Wizard and it's saying delivery date as the 16th as well. Doubt it'll happen, but I'll go to bed with a little bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

How are people getting it ro show in parcel wizard? I am signed up but obviously symths processed it so doesn't show in mine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Again, sorry to keep going on about it. Smyth's customer service on Facebook replied, saying the above. Then I explained we were in contact with Blanchardstown. They obviously got the details from that support ticket, and were able to send the payment details to the alternate email I provided to Blanch yesterday.

Unbelievable customer service, streets ahead of most company's I have dealt with.

Delighted you got it sorted. And yeah Smyths have really impressed me with the launch. I even cancelled MM and AC:V from Amazon so I could give them the business on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

rafi bomb wrote: »
    How are people getting it ro show in parcel wizard? I am signed up but obviously symths processed it so doesn't show in mine

I searched for the tracking number once it was live on the DPD website and since then it's been showing up in app for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I searched for the tracking number once it was live on the DPD website and since then it's been showing up in app for me.

Ah I see cheers. I onky set it up recently so that may be the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Oat23 wrote: »
    Delighted you got it sorted. And yeah Smyths have really impressed me with the launch. I even cancelled MM and AC:V from Amazon so I could give them the business on Thursday.

Yeah man, really really happy we could get it sorted for him. Smyth's have impressed me too, on top of things

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chmaars

Hi, does anyone know of any stores who will get the PS5 in stock this coming week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Chmaars wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of any stores who will get the PS5 in stock this coming week?

Argos should have some, Power City had some ps4 at launch if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Speaking of Amazon. I had two deliveries recently without packaging at all. One a kettle, low value , and the other a Lenovo laptop which both had zero external packaging. Just slapped a label both times onto the boxes which frankly doesn't come off easily. One is from Santa. Imagine the Amazon label pulling off some of the white packaging on the PS5.

If they don't use external packaging then it might fit into PM but shipping a very high value item is risky as everybody can see it. Higher chance of being stolen or a jealous handler, smacking them off the ground. (See Hermes video).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Argos should have some, Power City had some ps4 at launch if I remember correctly.

One more time, Argos wont have some. This has been communicated from head office to the store managers. Argos are not getting any PS5 on launch, I personally have been told this by 3 different managers.

Also there is a huge difference in demand compared to PS4, PS4 was available in lots of places for pickup on launch day, the store I worked in at that time had 70 units in stock on day 1, none were preorders.

Argos did not get any accessories that are in high demand last week either as the stock wasnt there for Ireland, they kept it for UK, headsets and the charging stations. They have pages up for them but got zero stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Berty wrote: »
    Speaking of Amazon. I had two deliveries recently without packaging at all. One a kettle, low value , and the other a Lenovo laptop which both had zero external packaging. Just slapped a label both times onto the boxes which frankly doesn't come off easily. One is from Santa. Imagine the Amazon label pulling off some of the white packaging on the PS5.

If they don't use external packaging then it might fit into PM but shipping a very high value item is risky as everybody can see it. Higher chance of being stolen or a jealous handler, smacking them off the ground. (See Hermes video).

They did that to a few PS4 last time, they just slapped a label onto the actual console box and shipped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Really is baffling how people are adamant Argo will have some and that store managers are wrong.

Most people on this thread have a pre-order secured and have no reason to lie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ordered something off amazon and when checking out it say that they're doing that, and gave the option to add it to a larger box to hide the contents. It get's noted as a gift warp and didn't cost anything extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Really is baffling how people are adamant Argo will have some and that store managers are wrong.

Most people on this thread have a pre-order secured and have no reason to lie

No reason to lie? If someone was looking to sell a PS5 they'd have good reason to give the impression places won't have stock.

I think that's unlikely and I'd be inclined to believe what people are saying, but if I didn't have my pre order sorted I'd absolutely be checking argos regardless of what anyone told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Varik wrote: »
    Ordered something off amazon and when checking out it say that they're doing that, and gave the option to add it to a larger box to hide the contents. It get's noted as a gift warp and didn't cost anything extra.

Wasn't an issue for me. Ordered and shipped by Amazon so if it gets stolen then it's between the courier and them. Although less packaging is great and all for both my recycling bin and the planet I think a 499 console should really be hidden by Amazon just for their own sake whether the customer chooses the option or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭marilynrr

Wasn't an issue for me. Ordered and shipped by Amazon so if it gets stolen then it's between the courier and them. Although less packaging is great and all for both my recycling bin and the planet I think a 499 console should really be hidden by Amazon just for their own sake whether the customer chooses the option or not.

Couriers have been leaving packages out on the doorstep since the pandemic started, previously they would knock into neighbours but they don't seem to do that anymore, not in my area anyway. I wonder would the courier be less likely to leave it out on the doorstep if it is in a playstation 5 box, they might just stick a note in the door to rearrange a delivery day.

• dan786 wrote: »
    One more time, Argos wont have some. This has been communicated from head office to the store managers. Argos are not getting any PS5 on launch, I personally have been told this by 3 different managers.

Also there is a huge difference in demand compared to PS4, PS4 was available in lots of places for pickup on launch day, the store I worked in at that time had 70 units in stock on day 1, none were preorders.

Argos did not get any accessories that are in high demand last week either as the stock wasnt there for Ireland, they kept it for UK, headsets and the charging stations. They have pages up for them but got zero stock.

You need to get your facts straight

I literally just reserved a dual sense controller

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8349103/Trail/searchtext%3EPs5.htm

• Also you were literally saying the same thing about the series X

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058021725/350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dan786 wrote: »

One more time, are you going to sell any of your 4 reservations at retail price to people on here?

Or will you be in adverts with them on Thursday, no wonder you're asking multiple managers in argos looking for more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If it's stolen, you might not be out money but you'll be out a PS5.

You'd be back to the bottom of the list of those that preordered, and that's if Amazon try to replace it and don't just refund it to close the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

One more time, are you going to sell any of your 4 reservations at retail price to people on here?

Or will you be in adverts with them on Thursday, no wonder you're asking multiple managers in argos looking for more

He doesn't have any. He offered on the 'unwanted preorder' thread that he had a 'code' for Galway. Same schtick, talking sh!t.

• One more time, are you going to sell any of your 4 reservations at retail price to people on here?

I've been chasing back on the posts alright. Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

In Smyths, Did anyone that has a click and collect order get connected yet? or had payment taken yet?

My friend had a delivery pre-order and payment has been taken for his already.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

NeVeR wrote: »
    In Smyths, Did anyone that has a click and collect order get connected yet? or had payment taken yet?

My friend had a delivery pre-order and payment has been taken for his already.

Click and collect will be taken the night before (Wednesday)

Kremin wrote: »
    Click and collect will be taken the night before (Wednesday)

Thanks,

Do you know if people will be given a time slot to collect? or can you just go in at anytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thanks,

Do you know if people will be given a time slot to collect? or can you just go in at anytime?

Go whenever you want.

Also... at this point, if for some reason your preorder was not going to happen/no stock etc... Smyths would have told me.. wouldn't they?

I pre-ordering during their second wave (a couple of days after their 1st wave)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

Also... at this point, if for some reason your preorder was not going to happen/no stock etc... Smyths would have told me.. wouldn't they?

I pre-ordering during their second wave (a couple of days after their 1st wave)

Smyths only allowed preorder for the stock they actually have so you're golden

Advertisement