Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I got that email from amazon too saying they will now deliver the ps5 to ireland so I changed the address and am no longer using parcel motel. Delivery date has moved so we shall see

Anyone know who amazon will use for delivery? Just standard An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

thorbarry wrote: »
    I got that email from amazon too saying they will now deliver the ps5 to ireland so I changed the address and am no longer using parcel motel. Delivery date has moved so we shall see

Apparently they have their own couriers now. I changed my delivery as well so I guess we will find out later this week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

At the moment is seems to be their own drivers delivering in Dublin and An Post for the rest of the country.

I had the Xbox pre-ordered from Amazon using Parcel Wizard and changed it to my Irish address when they emailed me saying they would ship it to Ireland to save the hassle of it going missing between NI and my house. It shipped on the 10th and arrived on the 11th to Dublin just to give an idea of times.

At the moment is seems to be their own drivers delivering in Dublin and An Post for the rest of the country.

I had the Xbox pre-ordered from Amazon using Parcel Wizard and changed it to my Irish address when they emailed me saying they would ship it to Ireland to save the hassle of it going missing between NI and my house. It shipped on the 10th and arrived on the 11th to Dublin just to give an idea of times.

So just 1 day late? That's not too bad

Did the delivery date change when you amended your address?

when I go to change my address, it says it will take 3-5 days instead of the same day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Good looking out man, saves me a headache trying to get to my local post office for addresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Cheers dude. I'm in Meath so here's hoping I have it by Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Markitron wrote: »
    So just 1 day late? That's not too bad

I am waiting nearly a week now for a PS5 game that Smyths posted last Tuesday

I should have just clicked and collected

Paul MCM wrote: »
    I am waiting nearly a week now for a PS5 game that Smyths posted last Tuesday

I should have just clicked and collected

I ordered Demons Souls months ago and AC Valhalla last Monday. Was charged for both of them last Tuesday. AC arrived the next morning and DS arrived on Friday evening.

An Post are all over the shop atm

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I ordered Demons Souls months ago and AC Valhalla last Monday. Was charged for both of them last Tuesday. AC arrived the next morning and DS arrived on Friday evening.

100% can confirm this, the business I work for is still open and them and GLS are absolutely woeful atm, parcels that are in Dublin taking 3-4 days just to be delivered, GLS only delivering 1 out of every 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think Amazon are using the 3-5 days to cover themselves because they want to see how many people actually switch to direct delivery to Ireland and whether they can handle it. Hopefully it's a precaution and people will mostly get it Friday/Saturday.

Once it’s here by Thursday I’m happy. Although that doesn't stop me checking the post every hour

Think I’ll give my postman €20 this year to buy a pint or two (if the pubs are open) for the amount of post they are delivering to my house alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Think I’ll give my postman €20 this year to buy a pint or two (if the pubs are open) for the amount of post they are delivering to my house alone.

All those controllers eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Did the delivery date change when you amended your address?

when I go to change my address, it says it will take 3-5 days instead of the same day delivery.

I’m in the same boat, i’m just worried of it going through so many hands through the PM route, plus it more than likely being oversized god knows where it’ll end up!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Changed from PM to Irish address (Dublin based) . Fingers crossed for a Friday delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I'd say Amazon were as worried as we were about all the PS5's going through parcel forwarders. Much safer bet for everyone involved if they're posted directly to us. It takes a lot of the unknowns out of the equation and Amazon won't have people on chat pestering them about a missing parcel that they'd already delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

so lets be honest. How many times have those like me who has a smyths DPD tracking link clicked it to check for an update?

Im certainly in double figures now

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

R.F. wrote: »
    so lets be honest. How many times have those like me who has a smyths DPD tracking link clicked it to check for an update?

I'm definitely in double figures for my Amazon order... It hasn't even dispatched yet and I know it hasn't dispatched because I'll get an email notification when it does... But yeah, double figures for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

R.F. wrote: »

:pac: Me. Even though mine says it's invalid. I only received it early this morning so may not be an update until later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Have my headset, charging dock and spare controller here now. Feeling a bit:
    16058235.jpg

Went to see if gamestop had an update on my order on the website and saw "Tracking URL", nearly wet myself with excitement.

It was for the game I ordered with the console only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'd say Amazon were as worried as we were about all the PS5's going through parcel forwarders. Much safer bet for everyone involved if they're posted directly to us. It takes a lot of the unknowns out of the equation and Amazon won't have people on chat pestering them about a missing parcel that they'd already delivered.

Absolutely, parcel motel are chocker block at the moment so there is a big risk of stocks of play-stations getting damaged or going missing. Dublin based myself so hopefully will get it by the weekend. Have a load of other real life stuff to be doing anyway so dont mind if its delayed by a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

From a poster on Reddit:

My brother and I manufacture scientific toys in China. We’re having a hell of a time getting our product over to the states in December for our spring restock because every cargo ship our freight forwarder wants to book out of China has been chartered by “Sony computer entertainment” for the next 12+ weeks.

He has been in the business 30 years and it’s been a common move by technology manufacturers. Particularly for large, lower margin products like a console (or an air fryer, or a space heater). Much less seen on lightweight, more expensive stuff like iPhones (Apple flies in nearly everything for just in time fulfillment). There are cargo ships due to be packed full of PS5s landing in Long Beach... they won’t get to customers till after Christmas, but at such time, the inventory channels will be flooded. Scalpers better unload fast.

All the PS5s currently stateside logically arrived via air shipping, which is 3-5x more expensive than sea/surface. It also takes 6-10 days instead of 6-10 weeks.

You can bet Sony sent the bulk of 2021 non-holiday consoles on the slow, cheaper boats out of Asia. If it takes until January 10th to restock Adorama or their 3rd tier vendors instead of November 30th, they truly don’t care. Inventory will loosen up fast in the new year, if the boat schedules are any indication. Don’t even worry about the pandemic slowing things, it’s a crisis in the US but utterly under control in China - those supply chains and factories are completely unaffected at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

You need to get your facts straight

I literally just reserved a dual sense controller

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8349103/Trail/searchtext%3EPs5.htm

I said in high demand accessories so doesn't include controllers. Its the headset and charging stations so my facts are right. Argos got zero of them on launch 12th Nov. So might be a good idea to read the post first.

Controllers are available everywhere.

occne wrote: »
    He doesn't have any. He offered on the 'unwanted preorder' thread that he had a 'code' for Galway. Same schtick, talking sh!t.

Eh that was an Xbox thread and I have given away 6 codes in last week.

One more time, are you going to sell any of your 4 reservations at retail price to people on here?

Or will you be in adverts with them on Thursday, no wonder you're asking multiple managers in argos looking for more

You are being ignored for a reason. So might be a good idea to find someone else to spend your day on by tracking their posts.

Just an FYI I have two from Amazon as well so 6, just to ruin your day. I didnt sit there twiddling my thumbs and actually preordered them when they were available. I had Gamestop order but they didnt seem reliable so bought from Smyths and Amazon just incase. Now all are being fulfilled so I am going to see if anyone relatives/friends want it if not I will post on here. I said this month ago as well.

You literally asked me few days ago if you could have one and answer in No. Next time instead of attacking posters with silly comments might be good idea to preorder yourself.

Ever hear of having friends that are managers or supervisors in places? I worked in a similar retail shop years ago so know a few of them so I dont need to go asking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

dan786 wrote: »
    You are being ignored for a reason. So might be a good idea to find someone else to spend your day on by tracking their posts.

Just an FYI I have two from Amazon as well. I didnt sit there twiddling my thumbs and actually preordered them when they were available. I had Gamestop order but they didnt seem reliable so bought from Smyths and Amazon just incase. Now all are being fulfilled so I am going to see if anyone relatives/friends want it if not I will post on here. I said this month ago as well.

You literally asked me few days ago if you could have one and answer in No. Next time instead of attacking posters with silly comments might be good idea to preorder yourself.

I will take one if u have a spare

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tracey34_

Has anybody heard from Smyths if they pre-ordered in store. I missed out online so went to the store the next morning. I paid €25 deposit and left my phone number for contact. I'm not worried about release day just need it by Christmas should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Tracey34_ wrote: »
    Has anybody heard from Smyths if they pre-ordered in store. I missed out online so went to the store the next morning. I paid €25 deposit and left my phone number for contact. I'm not worried about release day just need it by Christmas should I be worried?
    They said there trying secure more for December.

• Advertisement

Tracey34_ wrote: »

They took a very small amount of instore pre-orders, and they were all before the second round of pre-orders which are guaranteed for launch, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Advertisement