Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

R.F. wrote: »
    so lets be honest. How many times have those like me who has a smyths DPD tracking link clicked it to check for an update?

Im certainly in double figures now

Same boat. Mine still just says "order data received", whereas a few lads i know who only got their link this morning have confirmation of delivery today, with the packages supposedly in transit in Sligo and Dublin.

Based in Belfast myself, though my tracking link takes me to the Irish DPD site. Would have assumed the UK side would be covering here.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dan786 wrote: »
    You are being ignored for a reason. So might be a good idea to find someone else to spend your day on by tracking their posts.

Just an FYI I have two from Amazon as well so 6, just to ruin your day. I didnt sit there twiddling my thumbs and actually preordered them when they were available. I had Gamestop order but they didnt seem reliable so bought from Smyths and Amazon just incase. Now all are being fulfilled so I am going to see if anyone relatives/friends want it if not I will post on here. I said this month ago as well.

You literally asked me few days ago if you could have one and answer in No. Next time instead of attacking posters with silly comments might be good idea to preorder yourself.

Ever hear of having friends that are managers or supervisors in places? I worked in a similar retail shop years ago so know a few of them so I dont need to go asking around.

I never wanted one off you, I asked because I wanted you to respond offering to people in hear.

I actually have my own order being delivered from Smyths, so I'm grand.

And to say people who didn't get a pre order were twiddling their thumbs basically means you're accusing a significant portion of people on these forums of lazyness, so fair play to you on that one.

It's grand, I know you'll have them on adverts under your cornered tiger adverts username on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I never wanted one off you, I asked because I wanted you to respond offering to people in hear.

I actually have my own order being delivered from Smyths, so I'm grand.

And to say people who didn't get a pre order were twiddling their thumbs basically means you're accusing a significant portion of people on these forums of lazyness, so fair play to you on that one.

It's grand, I know you'll have them on adverts under your crouching tiger adverts username on Thursday.

Yes they majority lazy as they had a few chances and places to preorder, there is no denying that.

Haha you are funny. Have a good day now.

Yeah I will be getting my 40+ consoles on my motorbike come Thursday and selling them on Adverts under someone elses user name because why should I sell it under my own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Enough of the bickering, please.

And it goes without saying to please not go around insulting or taunting those who didn’t get pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dessler

Regarding Smyths deliveries, I would be very surprised if we got them before Thursday but I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Did the delivery date change when you amended your address?

when I go to change my address, it says it will take 3-5 days instead of the same day delivery.

Yeah I'm nearly sure it was giving me a Saturday delivery date when I changed it but it arrived Wednesday morning.

That was with Amazon delivering themselves. I know An Post where swamped a couple of weeks ago but not sure if they've caught up on their backlog yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: (yes, another one - based on deleted post). Please do not attempt to use this forum to try to sell a pre-order for above retail price. There are other sites for selling consoles, and we particularly won’t entertain profiteering here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Same boat. Mine still just says "order data received", whereas a few lads i know who only got their link this morning have confirmation of delivery today, with the packages supposedly in transit in Sligo and Dublin.

Based in Belfast myself, though my tracking link takes me to the Irish DPD site. Would have assumed the UK side would be covering here.

Im in the south east and mine is same as yours

Order data received from sender

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:38

Dessler wrote: »
    Regarding Smyths deliveries, I would be very surprised if we got them before Thursday but I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

Couriers are all over the place at the moment so good chance it could be delivered to some earlier. No chance for the click and collect orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I can't speak for consoles but every single game I have ordered from them (except for Demon's Souls) has arrived a day early

• Advertisement

Im in the south east and mine is same as yours

Order data received from sender

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:38

Last time I had a order from Smyths, it took 2 days from that message before DPD picked it up and another 2 days before they delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Mod note: Enough of the bickering, please.

And it goes without saying to please not go around insulting or taunting those who didn’t get pre-orders.

It's not so much bickering and more so getting fed up with am obvious scalper, who is also the one doing the taunting of people without preorders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm noticing alot of ps5s on ebay are being relisted. Either people trolling with bids or people are smart enough not to pay way above RRP

It's not so much bickering and more so getting fed up with am obvious scalper, who is also the one doing the taunting of people without preorders

Lol I am a scalper, I have helped more people on here in last week getting an Xbox so if I was a scalper I would have not given them to 6 people on here. I am done with you.

Sorry Mods but unfortunately some people love to continue their rant and their imaginary stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dessler

Markitron wrote: »
    I can't speak for consoles but every single game I have ordered from them (except for Demon's Souls) has arrived a day early

Did they deliver the games via courier? I actually got Demon's Souls a day early but it was sent by An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Did they deliver the games via courier? I actually got Demon's Souls a day early but it was sent by An Post

Valhalla just arrived by An Post for me, took 6 days. Got the controller and charger by DPD in one day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

An post for both of the games I ordered last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Smyth said in a email there courier partners would get the ps5 a day earlier so Wednesday should be delivered Thursday the lates Friday.

dave1982 wrote: »
    I'm noticing alot of ps5s on ebay are being relisted. Either people trolling with bids or people are smart enough not to pay way above RRP

With Adverts and Donedeal not allowing them , all will be going on Ebay. They will get too much hassle on Ebay and end up being stuck with them or selling for retail hopefully.

Ebay have fees etc and then too many fake accounts messing about so those scalpers will have to deal with a lot of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some Smyhts games went with DPD, UPS and others with An Post. My Smyths game came with An Post(not signed but Express) and the accessories came with An Post(but signed). Frankly thats nearly the same thing because they are both express and nobody signs for stuff anymore. :P

In my case, as my postman is also in a van, he's basically a courier and in November and December, working 6/7 days(incl the last bank holiday) then far more reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Couriers are all over the place at the moment so good chance it could be delivered to some earlier. No chance for the click and collect orders.

It all depends on when Smyths actually give the couriers the consoles, they have said in their previous emails it would be Wednesday which would mean delivery on Thurs or Friday but there's a chance they might hand them over before that. No sign they have handed them over yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thing about eBay is that as a seller you can decide to not accept bids from newly joined people, or low scores, can put on a second chance offer as well and can claim back selling fees if not repaid.

The thing about eBay and these popular items is people will join and bid in panic and then decide not to pay. They don't read the T&Cs and don't care about unpaid reports.

With Adverts and Donedeal not allowing them , all will be going on Ebay. They will get too much hassle on Ebay and end up being stuck with them or selling for retail hopefully.

Ebay have fees etc and then too many fake accounts messing about so those scalpers will have to deal with a lot of crap.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for for. I've seen one fella with 4 for sale starting price 699 GBP. I honestly wouldn't mind paying 100 more for peace of mind of getting one for Christmas day but anything more no way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

So are we reckoning at this stage that Gamestop orders just wont get to people on launch day due to An Post being a mess atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Berty wrote: »
    Some Smyhts games went with DPD, UPS and others with An Post. My Smyths game came with An Post(not signed but Express) and the accessories came with An Post(but signed). Frankly thats nearly the same thing because they are both express and nobody signs for stuff anymore. :P

In my case, as my postman is also in a van, he's basically a courier and in November and December, working 6/7 days(incl the last bank holiday) then far more reliable.

One of the lads I mentioned in my last post has his console out with UPS, currently in Sligo en route to Donegal. Odd thing is he has his UPS tracking link which says its going to be with him tonight, and another from DPD giving the "order data received message".

For anyone still looking Very Uk will have them on 19th.

33833.jpg

Also Currys UK

33833.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Doomofman wrote: »
    So are we reckoning at this stage that Gamestop orders just wont get to people on launch day due to An Post being a mess atm?

My xbox arrived 1 day after release date last week. To be honest all things considered I was OK with that

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

It would be great if nobody bought these and the person got stuck with them.

For anyone still looking Very Uk will have them on 19th.

33833.jpg

Also Currys UK

33833.jpg

Jesus 2.4 k comments on pc world post in 4hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

My xbox arrived 1 day after release date last week. To be honest all things considered I was OK with that

When did it ship? I heard some only shipped on the release date

Advertisement