Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Doomofman wrote: »
    When did it ship? I heard some only shipped on the release date

I go the tracking link a few days before but yes seems like it only shipped on release day

11 November 2020 10:13

We delivered your post GOREY D.S.U., CO WEXFORD

11 November 2020 06:51

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery GOREY D.S.U., CO WEXFORD

10 November 2020 12:50

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

10 November 2020 12:48

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Changed from PM to Irish address (Dublin based) . Fingers crossed for a Friday delivery :)

Where some people not saying when they changed address it was giving a delivery date of 24th Nov?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Paul MCM wrote: »
    It would be great if nobody bought these and the person got stuck with them.

I'm more upset at the fact one of the boxes is facing the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Anyone that got the dispatch email from Smyth's with DPD tracking, did your tracking number initially say 'Please enter a valid numeric consignment number'? And then it was updated, or was there info there already? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

FixitFelix wrote: »

:( when you see it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

extrafluff wrote: »
    Anyone that got the dispatch email from Smyth's with DPD tracking, did your tracking number initially say 'Please enter a valid numeric consignment number'? And then it was updated, or was there info there already? Thanks.

Yep. Got my dispatch email Saturday morning, only showed up as valid yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Where some people not saying when they changed address it was giving a delivery date of 24th Nov?

Yep new date says

Arriving 21 Nov - 24 Nov

We shall see

Yep. Got my dispatch email Saturday morning, only showed up as valid yesterday evening.

Happy days. I'm just worrying over nothing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

yea it update after 24 hours but it wont get dispach till Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Amazon always give a buffer. Amazon said this item would arrive on the 12th November, it arrived on the 10th November so if they use their own Courier, UPS or DPD(DPD was used twice recently by Amazon UK for me)

533038.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

dan786 wrote: »
    For anyone still looking Very Uk will have them on 19th.

33833.jpg

Also Currys UK

33833.jpg

Thanks for that Dan, hopefully some of us will be able to grab one. I know Box.co.uk's "wave 2" will end up being like wave 10 for me with the way they've handled things!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

R.F. wrote: »
    :( when you see it...

I hadn’t noticed that and now it’s all I can see. Ahhhhh

I was having a good day. We were all having a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Have Amazon taken money from anyone yet - presume they will take it tomorrow for shipping on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

HotMama89 wrote: »
    Have Amazon taken money from anyone yet - presume they will take it tomorrow for shipping on Wednesday?

I think they will take payment this eve or tomorrow morning and start shipping tomorrow eve

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Does anyone know how reserving with Argos works? Do you pay for the item when you reserve it or when you pick it up? Ie, if I want to reserve something for my friend do I need his card details when I place the reservation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Farrelk wrote: »
    Does anyone know how reserving with Argos works? Do you pay for the item when you reserve it or when you pick it up? Ie, if I want to reserve something for my friend do I need his card details when I place the reservation

You pay on pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Farrelk wrote: »

You pay in the store when collecting the item. However, it seems Argos won't be getting any PS5 consoles in. Best ring your local store to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Happy days. I'm just worrying over nothing :D

Yep, mine was the same. Once it goes through you then get to watch it for another couple of days stressing as to why it isn't moving on from "order data received"!!

Legitimately more stressed out by the PS5 launch than I was when my missus gave me a ring 3 years ago to tell me she had gone into labour early (joking...kinda)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Berty wrote: »
    Amazon always give a buffer. Amazon said this item would arrive on the 12th November, it arrived on the 10th November so if they use their own Courier, UPS or DPD(DPD was used twice recently by Amazon UK for me)

It's telling people 21-24th for delivery when you updated from a PM address to an Irish address.

Not sure whether to change it or not. I'd rather have it Friday, than risk not having it for the weekend at all.

PM got my headset from NI to Dublin in the usual timeframe (received on Thursday in NI, ready to be collected at PM locker on Friday morning).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

v3ttel wrote: »
    It's telling people 21-24th for delivery when you updated from a PM address to an Irish address.

Not sure whether to change it or not. I'd rather have it Friday, than risk not having it for the weekend at all.

PM got my headset from NI to Dublin in the usual timeframe (received on Thursday in NI, ready to be collected at PM locker on Friday morning).

The PS5 is oversized though, not sure how much extra time that will add...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ordered Spiderman and Demon Souls on Friday afternoon with Smyths, got email from DPD they will be arriving with the delivery this afternoon!

I ordered Assassin's Creed Valhalla last week with Smyths and it arrived 2 days later by DPD as well. I haven't seen Smyths use An Post for deliveries in quite a while.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I haven't seen Smyths use An Post for deliveries in quite a while.

Twice for me. Valhalla came Express no signature. Accessories came Express with Signature. Not that a signature is required anyway.

For me with An Post they are 6 days a week and somebody mentioned here they've been out on a Sunday. I did get a delivery from An Post on the last bank holiday as well. So for me they're better than others couriers as they're out more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

So my assassin's creed order from gamestop was deployed with UPS on thursday evening. arrived there a few mins ago. so 3 working days (if you include saturday). which if my maths is correct, means the PS5 should deploy this evening to get here for thursday. PLEASE :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    So my assassin's creed order from gamestop was deployed with UPS on thursday evening. arrived there a few mins ago. so 3 working days (if you include saturday). which if my maths is correct, means the PS5 should deploy this evening to get here for thursday. PLEASE :D

In contrast to that I ordered Valhalla on the 11th, shipped with An Post and it arrived on the 12th(order page suggested the 17th as an arrival date). Accessories went with An Post(ordered 8hr earlier on the 11th than Valhalla) arrived on the 14th(website said the 16th would be when they arrived).

So I would says Smyths web ordering system is not accounting for An Post working weekends either so dates pushed forward as buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

I only just found this thread - it looks like more orders opened on the weekend, and I missed them?

Am I goosed so - unlikely to be more stock this week I'm guessing?

I've had every playstation except ps3, and I'm mad to get the PS5. I know there might be a pro version in 18 months, or at least a slightly improved model, but with the lockdown it would be great to have for Christmas. Any suggestions on what else I can do - barring getting scalped. I saw posts about €800e+ on adverts.ie, I refuse to give them the satisfaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

RedXIV wrote: »

Interesting that they used UPS. Hope they do that for the PS5 rather than using An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone think there will be more Pulse 3D stock this side of Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

WhoElse wrote: »
    I only just found this thread - it looks like more orders opened on the weekend, and I missed them?

Am I goosed so - unlikely to be more stock this week I'm guessing?

I've had every playstation except ps3, and I'm mad to get the PS5. I know there might be a pro version in 18 months, or at least a slightly improved model, but with the lockdown it would be great to have for Christmas. Any suggestions on what else I can do - barring getting scalped. I saw posts about €800e+ on adverts.ie, I refuse to give them the satisfaction!

Was there? Damn it I was checking here but there's a load of people bragging about when their ones is arriving etc. 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Cina wrote: »
    Anyone think there will be more Pulse 3D stock this side of Xmas?

Setup notifications on stock informer.

I've had 5 email notifications about it being in stock on Amazon in the last week.

Advertisement