Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

PM have an option on the site to preset an oversize address. I set my options to first try a locker but if it is oversize to deliver to my house. The depot isn't open on Sat but they will do home delivery.

Hopefully that covers all scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

WhoElse wrote: »
    I only just found this thread - it looks like more orders opened on the weekend, and I missed them?

Am I goosed so - unlikely to be more stock this week I'm guessing?

I've had every playstation except ps3, and I'm mad to get the PS5. I know there might be a pro version in 18 months, or at least a slightly improved model, but with the lockdown it would be great to have for Christmas. Any suggestions on what else I can do - barring getting scalped. I saw posts about €800e+ on adverts.ie, I refuse to give them the satisfaction!

There were no new orders over the weekend, it was all the people who pre Ordered back in September for delivery getting money taken from their accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

WhoElse wrote: »
    I only just found this thread - it looks like more orders opened on the weekend, and I missed them?

Am I goosed so - unlikely to be more stock this week I'm guessing?

I've had every playstation except ps3, and I'm mad to get the PS5. I know there might be a pro version in 18 months, or at least a slightly improved model, but with the lockdown it would be great to have for Christmas. Any suggestions on what else I can do - barring getting scalped. I saw posts about €800e+ on adverts.ie, I refuse to give them the satisfaction!

There isn't going to be any kind of pro or significant revision for at least 3 years, they can reduce cost and improve reliability between now and then but that is about it.

Also I don't think there were any new orders over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

RoryMac wrote: »
    It all depends on when Smyths actually give the couriers the consoles, they have said in their previous emails it would be Wednesday which would mean delivery on Thurs or Friday but there's a chance they might hand them over before that. No sign they have handed them over yet though

Couple of mates of mine have ordered through Smyths. Both look to be on track to get consoles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Genuine question, how many PS5s do you think Ireland got for Thursday? 5,000 or maybe less? Obviously demand is outweighing supply but that's global, how rare are these here?

• Advertisement

occne wrote: »
    Genuine question, how many PS5s do you think Ireland got for Thursday? 5,000 or maybe less? Obviously demand is outweighing supply but that's global, how rare are these here?

I'm guessing its more than that but not by a whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

dan786 wrote: »
    You are being ignored for a reason. So might be a good idea to find someone else to spend your day on by tracking their posts.

Just an FYI I have two from Amazon as well so 6, just to ruin your day. I didnt sit there twiddling my thumbs and actually preordered them when they were available. I had Gamestop order but they didnt seem reliable so bought from Smyths and Amazon just incase. Now all are being fulfilled so I am going to see if anyone relatives/friends want it if not I will post on here. I said this month ago as well.

You literally asked me few days ago if you could have one and answer in No. Next time instead of attacking posters with silly comments might be good idea to preorder yourself.

Ever hear of having friends that are managers or supervisors in places? I worked in a similar retail shop years ago so know a few of them so I dont need to go asking around.

Hi if you could spare me one as well it would be much appreciated Amazon order got cancelled for no reason so I'm going mad over here

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

Anybody know the best way to send stock from uk to Ireland? I have a family member on the lookout for a ps5 in Manchester but just finding a way to get it home to Ireland.. has anyone ever used parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

Markitron wrote: »
    I'm guessing its more than that but not by a whole lot

Smyths had been given around 23000 I think. Had asked instore before they closed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

goon_magee wrote: »
    Couple of mates of mine have ordered through Smyths. Both look to be on track to get consoles today.

I'm guessing they misread the email sent by Smyths yesterday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Smyths have dispatched any PS5's yet

• Advertisement

Emz1234 wrote: »
    Smyths had been given around 23000 I think. Had asked instore before they closed

Wow I was way off then

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm kinda banking on PM knowing it won't fit in the locker once they get it in the depot, so I'll arrange to collect from the depot if possible.

Also seen a good few people on Reddit posting about ordering the Digital version and receiving the Disc version (in the box of the Digital version). Fingers crossed I end up being one of the lucky few :D

Penn wrote: »
    I'm kinda banking on PM knowing it won't fit in the locker once they get it in the depot, so I'll arrange to collect from the depot if possible.

Also seen a good few people on Reddit posting about ordering the Digital version and receiving the Disc version (in the box of the Digital version). Fingers crossed I end up being one of the lucky few :D

And now I'm worried that I'm gonna get the digital edition and my copies of Demons Souls and AC will become paperweights.

This thread is affecting my mental health!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Lol I am a scalper, I have helped more people on here in last week getting an Xbox so if I was a scalper I would have not given them to 6 people on here. I am done with you.

Sorry Mods but unfortunately some people love to continue their rant and their imaginary stories.

Calm down Mother Teresa

I'm guessing they misread the email sent by Smyths yesterday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Smyths have dispatched any PS5's yet

I've seen the screenshot from one friend from his UPS tracking; weight and everything is on point and was picked up in Dublin yesterday. Currently in Sligo (he's based in Donegal), and giving him a delivery time of "before the end of the day".

I think broadly speaking you're right, I think the majority will still be with Smyths, but there defo looks to be some out in the wild if what I've seen myself, and the likes of others on AV Forums are reporting is to be believed.

CEX are selling the disc PS5 for €690, cheaper than I thought it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

CEX are selling the disc PS5 for €690, cheaper than I thought it would be

That price will go up once its released as they are only offering 550 cash for it. They will bump these prices for sure.

The Series X is 750 with 600 cash trade in and thats when it still can be picked up from places here and there.

I think someone mentioned here that they will be paying 760 cash for PS5 if that is the case sale price will be 900-950

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I've seen the screenshot from one friend from his UPS tracking; weight and everything is on point and was picked up in Dublin yesterday. Currently in Sligo (he's based in Donegal), and giving him a delivery time of "before the end of the day".

I think broadly speaking you're right, I think the majority will still be with Smyths, but there defo looks to be some out in the wild if what I've seen myself, and the likes of others on AV Forums are reporting is to be believed.

Lucky him!! Did he order with Smyths?

I'm guessing the bulk are being shipped with DPD and no sign on movement on them yet. Hopefully with the tracking already done it'll be a quick turnaround for DPD to get them in and dispatched out

That price will go up once its released as they are only offering 550 cash for it. They will bump these prices for sure.

The Series X is 750 with 600 cash trade in and thats when it still can be picked up from places here and there.

I think someone mentioned here that they will be paying 760 cash for PS5 if that is the case sale price will be 900-950

JFC

I wonder how long it will take for the Series X to drop to a reasonable level, I have a load of vouchers set aside for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

JFC

Haha I know. They were only offering 550 for X and selling for 650 but then sold out them by the looks of it and increased it to 600 cash and 750 sale price on Friday eve.

They know desperate parents will buy them even at those prices and get enticed by their 2 year warranty claims etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

JFC

I wonder how long it will take for the Series X to drop to a reasonable level, I have a load of vouchers set aside for it.

I'd say by end of jan it'll be flooding the market

Haha I know. They were only offering 550 for X and selling for 650 but then sold out them by the looks of it and increased it to 600 cash and 750 sale price on Friday eve.

They know desperate parents will buy them even at those prices and get enticed by their 2 year warranty claims etc

Guess I'm waiting till after Christmas to get my series X from them.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    I'd say by end of jan it'll be flooding the market

Yea hopefully, I'd say the Series X will be seeing a lot of trade-ins towards the PS5 when its back in stock. Back in 2018 I managed to get a brand new 1X a few weeks after launch for RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Wouldn't surprise me if the ps5 hits the 1k levels in CeX honestly, I've seen some very very desperate parents searching for them on Facebook and if CeX can get away with it they'll absolutely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Penn wrote: »

You can just set it up so Parcel Motel delivery directly to your address. Costs €7.50 but worth if for peace of mind.

Lucky him!! Did he order with Smyths?

I'm guessing the bulk are being shipped with DPD and no sign on movement on them yet. Hopefully with the tracking already done it'll be a quick turnaround for DPD to get them in and dispatched out

Yep, ordered with Smyths!

I think it is purely down to the difference in courier as you say. DPD have always been reliable for me, so I don't expect any hiccups now really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I wonder what time the likes of Curry’s and Smyths
    will update there sites for orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I wonder what time the likes of Curry’s and Smyths
    will update there sites for orders.

I'm watching smyths regularly. I've noticed xboxs are being updated randomly. 2 in stock in certain shop few minutes later they're gone. No change for ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

and the likes of others on AV Forums are reporting is to be believed.

I don't see any delivered yet on AV forums? Just your post saying the same thing?

Got a link to the ones that were delivered?

I don't see any delivered yet on AV forums? Just your post saying the same thing?

Got a link to the ones that were delivered?

None delivered, just a few comments indicating some seem to be in transit. Will dig out links shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

None delivered, just a few comments indicating some seem to be in transit. Will dig out links shortly.

Looks like some of the Smyth's pre-orders are arriving early. This Irish poster over on reddit, got his today. Happy days for some;)

Advertisement