Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

bazzz wrote: »
    Looks like some of the Smyth's pre-orders are arriving early. This Irish poster over on reddit, got his today. Happy days for some;)

Niiiice. In Dublin too!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Getting close to "Cartman freezing himself waiting for the Nintendo Wii" levels here

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭marilynrr

HotMama89 wrote: »
    Have Amazon taken money from anyone yet - presume they will take it tomorrow for shipping on Wednesday?

None taken for mine from Amazon.de

I'm thinking it's a good thing, I've had issues with Amazon in the past at busy periods like Christmas where they authorise the card because they are preparing it for shipping, then they don't prepare it for whatever reason for another day or 2 and the status reverts back from preparing to dispatch to just showing an estimated delivery date again... then they authorise the card again leaving the first amount pending for a few days. That could cause problems for high value items because a lot of people wouldn't have an extra €500 in their bank if the first transaction was put on hold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

If your preorder arrives early then just leave it in the box until Thursday. It's not fair on those of us with click and collect orders if you open it beforehand.

Actually leave it in til Saturday to make sure we've all had time to pick them up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm going to head to Smyths now where my click n collect order should be and go full Kevin on them and demand it right this instant. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

bazzz wrote: »
    Looks like some of the Smyth's pre-orders are arriving early. This Irish poster over on reddit, got his today. Happy days for some;)

I’m still sitting on:

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    15/11/2020 at 19:31

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone get any update off scanuk on their order?
    I've been told I've missed first wave but I'm in queue but they very vague on where exactly I am in queue

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone get any update off scanuk on their order?
    I've been told I've missed first wave but I'm in queue but they very vague on where exactly I am in queue

box.co.uk (where I preordered), scan.co.uk and I think a couple of others seemed to do the exact same thing. Their preorders were open for about an hour, a lot longer than other websites, and they are computer sites that don't traditionally get a lot of stock for consoles.

Box are acting the same way, very vague, won't give out any information, sent the "first wave" and "sorry" emails at 5:30pm on a Friday evening when support was closed. The "second wave" is apparently around the 9th December for them, but I wouldn't trust either company to have enough stock for everyone until wave 5 or 6 at least.

I could be wrong, hopefully I am, but that also seems to be the general consensus on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Klair88 wrote: »
    I’m still sitting on:

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    15/11/2020 at 19:31

Same, looks like the bulk of Smyths PS5's are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to give DPD the green light to collect.

Hopefully that will be earlier than Wednesday as they said in their email

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

brainiac wrote: »
    box.co.uk (where I preordered), scan.co.uk and I think a couple of others seemed to do the exact same thing. Their preorders were open for about an hour, a lot longer than other websites, and they are computer sites that don't traditionally get a lot of stock for consoles.

Box are acting the same way, very vague, won't give out any information, sent the "first wave" and "sorry" emails at 5:30pm on a Friday evening when support was closed. The "second wave" is apparently around the 9th December for them, but I wouldn't trust either company to have enough stock for everyone until wave 5 or 6 at least.

I could be wrong, hopefully I am, but that also seems to be the general consensus on Twitter.

Yeah I'm starting to think same. I'm gonna keep looking anyway and keep my place in queue. If I can pick one up in Ireland is better tbh. Hopefully refund process will be smooth

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm starting to think same. I'm gonna keep looking anyway and keep my place in queue. If I can pick one up in Ireland is better tbh. Hopefully refund process will be smooth

I actually had a preorder with Scan before I got one with Box. The refund request was processed the day after I sent it, and I had the money back about 5 days later. No hassle at all. They are a very trusted website, just not good with console launches.

Yeah, my plan is pretty much the same, I'll try the few possible places on Thursday, and then just wait and see what happens in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I got the gamestop email last week and sorted out the ps5 delivery. Never received one for the extra controller I've paid off. Anybody in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I got the gamestop email last week and sorted out the ps5 delivery. Never received one for the extra controller I've paid off. Anybody in the same boat?

I'm still waiting to hear how I will collect from one of the click and collect stores. So frustrating. Been waiting two weeks on the "call"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

RoyalCelt wrote: »

I got my "voucher" for accessories last week, I'd be on to them about that if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RoryMac wrote: »
    Same, looks like the bulk of Smyths PS5's are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to give DPD the green light to collect.

Hopefully that will be earlier than Wednesday as they said in their email

There are a good few of us on here and it's a small enough country. I'm sure if we pull together we can figure out where the warehouse is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Anything in regard to gamestop delivery anyone for the PS5 console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

There are a good few of us on here and it's a small enough country. I'm sure if we pull together we can figure out where the warehouse is :pac:
    https://i.imgur.com/oROQqyL.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

delivery from DPD arrived with my copies of Demon Souls and Spiderman, hopefully the PS5 will arrive on Wednesday or Thursday, Friday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Anything in regard to gamestop delivery anyone for the PS5 console?

Not yet, I'd hope it ships tonight to ensure delivery for Thursday. I had Controller and game shipped at 8pm last Tuesday. Controller arrived Friday, game arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

blaa85 wrote: »
    Not yet, I'd hope it ships tonight to ensure delivery for Thursday. I had Controller and game shipped at 8pm last Tuesday. Controller arrived Friday, game arrived this morning.
    Hopefully if that's the case sent tonight or early tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Sounds like a plan, I need to go out anyway the F5 button on my keyboard is acting up so need to replace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Could really do with it arriving early, my wife is working nights until Friday, I'd have full control of the TV every evening all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Amazon will have more available at lunch time on Thursday.

Hello!

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for order again on Amazon.co.uk on 19 November 2020 after 12:00 noon GMT. Stock is limited.

We will make every effort to deliver all orders as soon as possible. If you order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date. However, this may be subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just got this from Amazon and I am sure it will be helpful for those who still need one.
    PlayStation 5 – More Stock Coming

Hello!

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for order again on Amazon.co.uk on 19 November 2020 after 12:00 noon GMT. Stock is limited.

We will make every effort to deliver all orders as soon as possible. If you order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date. However, this may be subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Xenji wrote: »
    Just got this from Amazon and I am sure it will be helpful for those who still need one.

That’s great news!

I’ll have Smyths, Curry’s UK and Amazon all at the ready to try get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

RedXIV wrote: »
    Could really do with it arriving early, my wife is working nights until Friday, I'd have full control of the TV every evening all week!

Change the locks :P

dan786 wrote: »
    Amazon will have more available at lunch time on Thursday.

Hello!

Did this come in as an email? Obviously two of you posted it so I don't doubt it, but I'm on the watchlist and got nothing and last I checked chat support had no information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Did this come in as an email? Obviously two of you posted it so I don't doubt it, but I'm on the watchlist and got nothing and last I checked chat support had no information.

Yes was emailed. Will sell out quick though as its been posted on UK sites also so there will be thousands ready at lunch time to grab one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah it came from the proper order-update@amazon.co.uk address.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Yes was emailed. Will sell out quick though as its been posted on UK sites also so there will be thousands ready at lunch time to grab one

I wonder if they only sent it to people on watchlist from very early on. A few places to keep an eye on anyway, so there's at least some hope. I wish they did a prime early access on it.

Advertisement