Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Has anyone heard anything about orders from Game.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thing about Amazons website is that It doesn't crash. You either snag it fast or you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Got the call from a Gamestop today. Paid balance over the phone, picked my preferred time on Thursday. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chmaars

3DataModem wrote: »
    Got the call from a Gamestop today. Paid balance over the phone, picked my preferred time on Thursday. Simples.

Did you have the online PS5 Queue order placed or in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Chmaars wrote: »
    Did you have the online PS5 Queue order placed or in-store?

In store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Follow a guy on Twitter talking about Harvey Norman now listing the PS5 for the 19th November at 8am.

Says UK&Ireland in a recent Tweet

He goes by PS5 Stock Updates

https://twitter.com/DualSensor/status/1328369636346302464

• Registered Users Posts: 33,816 ✭✭✭✭Penn

blaze1 wrote: »

I checked mine earlier today and it still says Unshipped. Last email I got from them a week or two ago said it would be shipped on Wednesday (for delivery on Thursday, though given it's going through Parcel Motel could push it out to Friday).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

For those wondering about GS ps5 store collections, you have to have it paid off. They won't be doing payments on the day. I managed to get through to GS Santry and they said I can pay over phone or pop down (as it's open for click and collect.)

On the day it's literally the console being handed to you, none of the typical GS sales speil. Was given my collection time. Happy days

Oh and they aren't accepting cash either! I had cash put aside for it but I'll just lodge it to my account now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Penn wrote: »
    I checked mine earlier today and it still says Unshipped. Last email I got from them a week or two ago said it would be shipped on Wednesday (for delivery on Thursday, though given it's going through Parcel Motel could push it out to Friday).

Ah cool, yeah mine is the same, got the digital code for spiderman last week.

Good to know its the same though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

blaze1 wrote: »

I got a mail on Saturday to say it was being processed and a few mins later the money left my account.

Got a separate one saying they are going out Wednesday to arrive Thursday. I've fingers crossed PM gets it to me Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know about ordering games off Smith's for click and collect, when do you get the collection ready email and how long do you have to collect? I'm ordering a game to collect in Thursday but want to give it enough time to get the email from them but don't want to do it too early in case they don't hold it till Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know about ordering games off Smith's for click and collect, when do you get the collection ready email and how long do you have to collect? I'm ordering a game to collect in Thursday but want to give it enough time to get the email from them but don't want to do it too early in case they don't hold it till Thursday

Usually get the ready to collect email that day.
    If you do it tomorrow/Wednesday they’ll keep it and have it ready for 2 days (Thursday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I ordered spiderman last Thursday at 10.04 am and got ready for collection email at 10.33am - said they would hold it for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Hopefully its a good sign the likes of Harvey Norman are being allocated stock to sell.
    Might mean there's plenty to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Email from Amazon that the PS5 is release day eligible - though I'm using PM, not my Irish address.

Still says 3-5 day shipping if I go to update the address (didn't confirm the change). It would be nice if they had said somewhere like "Hey, we know you are using a parcel delivery service, but if you want it delivered to an Irish address, it'll likely on release day"...... just take the the confusion out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

v3ttel wrote: »
    Email from Amazon that the PS5 is release day eligible - though I'm using PM, not my Irish address.

Still says 3-5 day shipping if I go to update the address (didn't confirm the change). It would be nice if they had said somewhere like "Hey, we know you are using a parcel delivery service, but if you want it delivered to an Irish address, it'll likely on release day"...... just take the the confusion out of it.

Got the same. Think I’ll stick with parcel motel though. More chance of having it Friday or Saturday hopefully.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Got the same. Think I’ll stick with parcel motel though. More chance of having it Friday or Saturday hopefully.

It's oversized. Not sure if the depot is open on Saturday for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Anyone using Parcel Motel I'd recommend increasing your insurance. Costs €3.50 for €500 liability for 14 days.

Amazon won’t ship to Ireland? so I’m best to use addrespal if I am lucky to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Amazon won’t ship to Ireland? so I’m best to use addrespal if I am lucky to get one?

They should be shipping to Ireland now. Was only at the start they wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

There were no new orders over the weekend, it was all the people who pre Ordered back in September for delivery getting money taken from their accounts

My bad - sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

You can get it for delivery (instead of the Depot.

I have changed my address to my home address - showing 21-24/11 hopefully will be before then especially when they deliver packages now over the weekends

They should be shipping to Ireland now. Was only at the start they wouldn't.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I have it set to auto deliver oversized parcels to my house.

Anyone using Parcel Motel I'd recommend increasing your insurance. Costs €3.50 for €500 liability for 14 days.

If they lost my PS - they'd be the ones needing insurance :D

Seriously though, good call.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    I have it set to auto deliver oversized parcels to my house.

Ah, got ya. I'm thinking it should be in the depot on Friday (1-2am), so I'm going to take the chance that I can collect it sooner than they would deliver it. All of the courier companies are under severe pressure with the traditional peak season, added to the fact that the majority of shops are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Sorry think I posted in other thread by mistake. Anyone get charged yet for the PS5 Smyth's collection ? Got an email last week saying I'll get another mail about when to collect but it's still pending and no charge yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

Sorry think I posted in other thread by mistake. Anyone get charged yet for the PS5 Smyth's collection ? Got an email last week saying I'll get another mail about when to collect but it's still pending and no charge yet.

They'll charge the day before it's ready for collection afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

There are a good few of us on here and it's a small enough country. I'm sure if we pull together we can figure out where the warehouse is :pac:

All come via DPDs central warehouse in Athlone...same warehouse all new Dell kit gets distributed from

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Won’t be charged until Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I see some people on the OcUK forum have started receiving emails from Amazon confirming delivery for the 19th, so they're sending them out on the 18th apparently.

Advertisement