Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Anyone using Parcel Motel I'd recommend increasing your insurance. Costs €3.50 for €500 liability for 14 days.

Have been waiting 6 days for MM ultimate edition to get from their Newtownabbey office to the Dublin depot.

Usually have great experiences with them, hopefully just a blip bit glad I don’t have my PS5 coming from them at the moment if I ended up waiting at least a week.

Also seconding getting the insurance, if not and they lose something, you’re only covered up to €100 :( (luckily never had to use it)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Have been waiting 6 days for MM ultimate edition to get from their Newtownabbey office to the Dublin depot.

Usually have great experiences with them, hopefully just a blip bit glad I don’t have my PS5 coming from them at the moment if I ended up waiting at least a week.

Also seconding getting the insurance, if not and they lose something, you’re only covered up to €100 :( (luckily never had to use it)

Last time I had an expensive package fall off the back of one of their trucks it took over 3 months to get my money back. They can be a nightmare to deal with when something goes wrong.

Oct 18th: Reported missing
    Jan 10th: After a few hours worth of calls and dozens of emails, they finally admit package is gone and offer compensation
    Feb 2nd: Refund issued

Had used them for hundreds of packages for 3-4 years before this incident but switched everything to Parcel Wizard since. I highly recommend anyone with an Amazon order get it delivered to their Irish address directly instead of PM. Even if it takes a few days extra to receive it's less risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Just got a text from Gamestop saying "This is a friendly reminder to check your email inbox. We sent you a voucher towards your PS5 order, but we noticed you havent used it yet"

100% I haven't had an email. I have been watching like a Hawk for the last 3 weeks.

I have paid €220 towards a PS5 I ordered in June. I was told instore that the initial €50 deposit 100% secured my PS5 on launch. I was also told by an employee I was high enough on the list to get on on launch.

looking like its not going to happen but am getting frustrated with the text coming through and not being able to get a response from anywhere.

Is anyone else just after getting texts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Samoa Joe wrote: »
    Just got a text from Gamestop saying "This is a friendly reminder to check your email inbox. We sent you a voucher towards your PS5 order, but we noticed you havent used it yet"

100% I haven't had an email. I have been watching like a Hawk for the last 3 weeks.

I have paid €220 towards a PS5 I ordered in June. I was told instore that the initial €50 deposit 100% secured my PS5 on launch. I was also told by an employee I was high enough on the list to get on on launch.

looking like its not going to happen but am getting frustrated with the text coming through and not being able to get a response from anywhere.

Is anyone else just after getting texts too?

Search your email for 'gamestop', think some people hadn't seen a Smyths email even in junk but could find it when searching for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

mdwexford wrote: »
    I have it set to auto deliver oversized parcels to my house.

How big is the ps5 box supposed to be?

I got a box 500mmx420mmx150mm delivered to locker today. Is ps5 box bigger than this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

I pre-ordered a PS5 in Henry Street which is one of the stores staying open for click and collect. I got the email saying I am in the launch allocation but nothing else. No text and no phone call.

Getting a little worried, going to ring the store tomorrow especially after hearing you need to pay for it in advance. I don't even know which console I have been allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

petes wrote: »
    Search your email for 'gamestop', think some people hadn't seen a Smyths email even in junk but could find it when searching for some reason!

Have tried that. Have logged numerous calls with their CS too over the last few days.

I had to email in proof of payment on Thursday. Luckily I had kept a receipt. Their CS is poor in getting back.

Does anyone know what email address the vouchers come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Samoa Joe wrote: »
    Have tried that. Have logged numerous calls with their CS too over the last few days.

I had to email in proof of payment on Thursday. Luckily I had kept a receipt. Their CS is poor in getting back.

Does anyone know what email address the vouchers come from?

Mine came from "donotreply@plus.gamestop.ie"

I just got a text too for a controller code....but I did redeem mine. It's on the desk beside me here

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

jsemple wrote: »
    I pre-ordered a PS5 in Henry Street which is one of the stores staying open for click and collect. I got the email saying I am in the launch allocation but nothing else. No text and no phone call.

Getting a little worried, going to ring the store tomorrow especially after hearing you need to pay for it in advance. I don't even know which console I have been allocated.

I was in the same boat of you. If you have the launch allocation email I would try pop into them if you can and pay off the balance either tomorrow or Wednesday. You can call them and do it over the phone either. When I rand GS Santry it went to an automated machine but if you ring straight back it puts you through! I was only given my time when I went and paid. It's very frustrating and pretty poor service tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

FixitFelix wrote: »
    How big is the ps5 box supposed to be?

I got a box 500mmx420mmx150mm delivered to locker today. Is ps5 box bigger than this?

Not sure actually. As long as I have it by Saturday I’ll be happy. If I don’t get it until next week I’ll be gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

For those who have pre-ordered with click and collect for Smyths, don’t worry about not having had any money taken or no further correspondence etc.

Smyths will charge for click and collect orders around 9pm the night before release (so Wednesday in this case) and you’ll get an email with your barcode almost immediately afterwards.

I ordered a couple of PS5 games and accessories with different delivery dates off them over the last couple of weeks for click and collect and they all followed the above process.

The collection process was very straightforward. Queue up and a staff member came out and scanned the barcode from the email on my phone, then went and got the items and brought them out to me. Receipts are automatically emailed a few minutes later.

3-5 minutes in total maximum each time between leaving my car and being back in my car with my item(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

BrentMused wrote: »
    For those who have pre-ordered with click and collect for Smyths, don’t worry about not having had any money taken or no further correspondence etc.

Smyths will charge for click and collect orders around 9pm the night before release (so Wednesday in this case) and you’ll get an email with your barcode almost immediately afterwards.

I ordered a couple of PS5 games and accessories with different delivery dates off them over the last couple of weeks for click and collect and they all followed the above process.

The collection process was very straightforward. Queue up and a staff member came out and scanned the barcode from the email on my phone, then went and got the items and brought them out to me. Receipts are automatically emailed a few minutes later.

3-5 minutes in total maximum each time between leaving my car and being back in my car with my item(s).

Cheers for the update, hopefully it’s that quick on Thursday morning. I would be home by 8.15 if that’s the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Cheers for the update, hopefully it’s that quick on Thursday morning. I would be home by 8.15 if that’s the case

It will be longer than that for sure, everyone would be lining up to get their consoles first thing

dan786 wrote: »
    It will be longer than that for sure, everyone would be lining up to get their consoles first thing

Probably, but I’m hoping at 8am it might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

4mmc9n.jpg

Amazon UK charging people in UK and sending emails that they will get theirs release day, a day after they emailed everyone to say they can change theirs from Parcel Motel to an Irish address. Good way to show a finger to the Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

I ordered a controller charging dock + PULSE 3D headset from Currys UK - only the charging dock has turned up.
    Miles Morales has been MIA with PM since November 12th
    Updated my Amazon pre-order to use my home address as I don't trust PM with it.

Going to be lucky if it all shows up before the end of the week :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Parcel Motel is a nightmare at the moment

I think it’s all postal services at the moment. I hope everyone gets the PS5 on Thursday. Some disasters on the XBox thread about delivery times.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    4mmc9n.jpg

I wouldn't say successfully getting a pre order in a store minutes from my house is messing up. I think its a win win for me. I get a PS5 after 8am when some people are still hoping and praying for a console before 2021.

Also the option presented that actually worked was store. No way I was pressing backspace. No way Jose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Amazon UK charging people in UK and sending emails that they will get theirs release day, a day after they emailed everyone to say they can change theirs from Parcel Motel to an Irish address. Good way to show a finger to the Irish customers.

haha wonder if they want to supply as many as they can to the UK first.

Sent an email to us to get us to change with a delivery date of the 21-24th knowing they have more stock available on the 19th and we'll get ours from that stock.

Or not :pac:

Still **** anyway.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    haha wonder if they want to supply as many as they can to the UK first.

Sent an email to us to get us to change with a delivery date of the 21-24th knowing they have more stock available on the 19th and we'll get ours from that stock.

Or not :pac:

Still **** anyway.

Looks like that. Maybe they didnt have enough to fulfill both UK and here for release day so got people to change to Ireland so they have time to get more stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

That's a balls. Why would they want to change delivery to Ireland only to suit them? Unless they worried bout lost damaged in parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Some Dublin and Galway orders delivered by DPD from Smyths already

Some Dublin and Galway orders delivered by DPD from Smyths already

Love how they use Dairygold to prove they are in Ireland.

Love how they use Dairygold to prove they are in Ireland.

I was thinking the same, you can buy it outside Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm getting greedy now wanting DPD to deliver early after seeing some of these! But tbh I'll just be happy if it's here by launch day, especially considering all that's going on. Any earlier is a bonus, but I wouldn't be expecting much as the tracker hasn't updated since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Some retailers this side of the Atlantic saying they'll have some stock on release day. Hopefully there's plenty more coming and the scalpers get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Mmm, not overly convinced that Gamestop will get the console delivered by Thursday... They haven't taken the payment yet.

I can see myself sitting on the porch in the rain at 6pm on thursday evening telling the kids I'm not crying, it's just the rain on my face... :)

• Advertisement

.G. wrote: »
    Some retailers this side of the Atlantic saying they'll have some stock on release day. Hopefully there's plenty more coming and the scalpers get shafted.

Yeah hopefully. Game UK, Amazon UK , Currys Uk, Very UK and Argos UK will all have more stock release day.

Ireland wise looks like Harvey Norman and Currys may have some more.

Also good chance that the Amazon EU sites get some also, they ship direct to Ireland also.

Advertisement