Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Parcel Motel is a nightmare at the moment

In fairness I've had 8 parcels in the last 2 weeks and all hit locker day after arriving in parcel motel depot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Madman08 wrote: »
    Mmm, not overly convinced that Gamestop will get the console delivered by Thursday... They haven't taken the payment yet.

I can see myself sitting on the porch in the rain at 6pm on thursday evening telling the kids I'm not crying, it's just the rain on my face... :)

Its fcukin very poor from Gamestop. They said in the order confirmation email:

"Important: Please note that for pre-orders purchased via MasterCard, VISA or PayPal we now take payment 5 days prior to shipping so, please ensure you have funds available in advance of the release of the game."

Here we are, virtually 3 days out, and no payment taken. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its fcukin very poor from Gamestop. They said in the order confirmation email:

"Important: Please note that for pre-orders purchased via MasterCard, VISA or PayPal we now take payment 5 days prior to shipping so, please ensure you have funds available in advance of the release of the game."

Here we are, virtually 3 days out, and no payment taken. Ridiculous.

Gamestop payments were taken Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

dan786 wrote: »

Not for everyone. Payment has been pending in my account since last Thursday. I prebooked in January and am confirmed in the launch allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,816 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Game UK took my payment on Thursday I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Berty wrote: »
    I wouldn't say successfully getting a pre order in a store minutes from my house is messing up. I think its a win win for me. I get a PS5 after 8am when some people are still hoping and praying for a console before 2021.

Also the option presented that actually worked was store. No way I was pressing backspace. No way Jose!

I live in an apartment at the moment and packages get delivered to the concierge that don't allow pick up til 2pm. As much as I'll be jealous of those who get it before Thursday, no way was I leaving the PlayStation sit there for half the day.

Amazon's new couriers have also been abysmal here, leaving amazon packages in the common area postbox rooms against the wall. Madness.

So was a recipe for disaster for me had I ordered for home delivery.

Roll on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I live in an apartment at the moment and packages get delivered to the concierge that don't allow pick up til 2pm. As much as I'll be jealous of those who get it before Thursday, no way was I leaving the PlayStation sit there for half the day.

Amazon's new couriers have also been abysmal here, leaving amazon packages in the common area postbox rooms against the wall. Madness.

Roll on Thursday!

Sit down and wait in the hall for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Roll on Thursday!

Is your concierge guys name Michael?

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Is your concierge guys name Michael?

It's not. She'd be good looking for a typical Michael. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I received this text message from gamestop "Hi, this is a friendly reminder to check your email inbox. We sent you a voucher towards your PS5 order, but we noticed you have not used it yet."
    But I have not received any email.
    Has anybody else received this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I received this text message from gamestop "Hi, this is a friendly reminder to check your email inbox. We sent you a voucher towards your PS5 order, but we noticed you have not used it yet."

Looking at their facebook page , lots got that text but never got an email

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Looking at their facebook page , lots got that text but never got an email

I wonder is this there way of backing out on supplying machines they never had?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I wonder why Smyths are so far ahead of GameStop on delivery. I’ve been charged Friday night but not a whisper about delivery from them yet, whereas numerous people from Smyths have already got their consoles already.

Has anyone who pre-ordered for delivery been given any communication about delivery? From what I’ve seen it certainly doesn’t appear to be just myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

CSF wrote: »
    I wonder why Smyths are so far ahead of GameStop on delivery. I’ve been charged Friday night but not a whisper about delivery from them yet, whereas numerous people from Smyths have already got their consoles already.

Has anyone who pre-ordered for delivery been given any communication about delivery? From what I’ve seen it certainly doesn’t appear to be just myself.

To be fair I don't think anyone here has received any console yet. You'd be cautious enough believing stuff from Reddit where they claimed they got them early from smyths.

To be fair I don't think anyone here has received any console yet. You'd be cautious enough believing stuff from Reddit where they claimed they got them early from smyths.

One of my good friends has. I’ve seen it. Now you’ve no specific reason to believe me either but just assume I’m telling the truth and work off that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 WAL1992

They tried to take money from me Saturday but my bank blocked it (thought it was fraud). Contacted gamestop but nothing back. No comms since the email to say I was in launch allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Scheduled to get a delivery tomorrow via UPS. Hopefully it'll be here early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Checked the FB pages of both Gamestop and Smyths, some difference. Gamestops is filled with people looking to know what's happening!

kev1.3s wrote: »

Yep I got it for COD. But I had already redeemed it.

WAL1992 wrote: »
    They tried to take money from me Saturday but my bank blocked it (thought it was fraud). Contacted gamestop but nothing back. No comms since the email to say I was in launch allocation.

Oh no, you could be in trouble there. Is there any terms and conditions for what GameStop do when preorder payment is rejected?

Crazy for the bank to reject it from such a well known company.

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    Checked the FB pages of both Gamestop and Smyths, some difference. Gamestops is filled with people looking to know what's happening!

Genuinely worried at this point. Not hugely optimistic of getting it this week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

It looks to be a similar process as my orders last week. Charged previous Friday night for Demons Souls and Controller, shipping mail was Tuesday evening at 8pm. I didn't get my controller until Friday though, I'm hoping it ships tomorrow morning for a chance at Thursday delivery.

I often order my games from GameStop, pre-covid it was always next day delivery from shipping confirmation and usually a day or two early from release date.

Oh no, you could be in trouble there. Is there any terms and conditions for what GameStop do when preorder payment is rejected?

Crazy for the bank to reject it from such a well known company.

Theres nothing clear cut, if they try again or ring me it'll go through but the lack of communication wouldn't fill me full of confidence.

blaa85 wrote: »
    It looks to be a similar process as my orders last week. Charged previous Friday night for Demons Souls and Controller, shipping mail was Tuesday evening at 8pm. I didn't get my controller until Friday though, I'm hoping it ships tomorrow morning for a chance at Thursday delivery.

I often order my games from GameStop, pre-covid it was always next day delivery from shipping confirmation and usually a day or two early from release date.

I’ve been ordering games from GameStop during Covid. No issues until Assassins Creed last week which came on the Friday despite being out on the Thursday (obviously I didn’t care considering I can’t play the game until I get the console).

This will be different to game orders though considering it’s courier rather than through An Post right?

The fact that GameStop have gone completely silent in spite of hundreds of people leaving angry comments makes me worried. You’d think they’d have let people know when to expect information on the delivery by now.

Even the people from Smyths who haven’t had consoles have been sent courier details already.

So it comes back to my original question, why have Smyths been able to get their consoles to the couriers already but GameStop not a whisper.

Theres nothing clear cut, if they try again or ring me it'll go through but the lack of communication wouldn't fill me full of confidence.

Is there a status on the order in your account?

Is there a status on the order in your account?

Still down as "confirmed".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

One of my good friends has. I’ve seen it. Now you’ve no specific reason to believe me either but just assume I’m telling the truth and work off that basis.

It's not that I don't believe you, I do, but it's just strange that Smyths would sent out a few of the preorders early and leave the majority in their warehouse. Personally I'm happy that mine hasn't been sent out cause I'll be working next few days so there would be no one home to answer the door but I'm off from Thursday so I can wait to binge

Still down as "confirmed".

I suppose that’s something, but I’d say likely you’re gonna be delayed at best unfortunately.

It's not that I don't believe you, I do, but it's just strange that Smyths would sent out a few of the preorders early and leave the majority in their warehouse. Personally I'm happy that mine hasn't been sent out cause I'll be working next few days so there would be no one home to answer the door but I'm off from Thursday so I can wait to binge

I don’t think the majority have been left in their warehouse. I’ve 2 friends and a brother who ordered from Smyths. 1 of those friends received it and the other has already received confirmation that it’s in with Fastway for delivery.

My brother hasn’t got any major information on when it’s coming but has still been sent the courier details for tracking so while that’s still only 3 people it’s still 3 from 3. That’s good going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

The 2 Irish lads who said they got it from Smyths both had Digital versions delivered. Payment for them was taken first so I reckon they slipped out ahead

Advertisement