Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Klair88 wrote: »
    The 2 Irish lads who said they got it from Smyths both had Digital versions delivered. Payment for them was taken first so I reckon they slipped out ahead

Can confirm same. My friend that got it was the only 1 of the 3 who bought a digital one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I also have a digital pre-ordered and mine is the same as everyone else on this forum "order data received from sender". Again I'm not saying it's bs they've got theirs it's just strange

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I also have a digital pre-ordered and mine is the same as everyone else on this forum "order data received from sender". Again I'm not saying it's bs they've got theirs it's just strange

Smyths aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

CSF wrote: »
    Smyths aswell?

Thankfully yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Posters from this thread for the next four days.

20201117-015324.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Update - Gamestop took payment today/last night. Still hopeful for Thursday....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Madman08 wrote: »

Yup same here. They really need to post it today at the very latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Madman08 wrote: »

Last week for my Xbox they didn’t ship it to late Monday night, didn’t get the Xbox on to Thursday from an post,

However have my ps5 on pre order from Amazon so god only knows when I might get it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I reckon people will be receiving them from Wednesday onward. My preordered games often arrive a day early as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

My DPD tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. At this stage I think rioting is the only reasonable option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Same here, no update.
    I have another DPD delivery today so no hope of today for the PS5....back to mashing F5 later today it is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

My DPD tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. At this stage I think rioting is the only reasonable option.

If they collect from Smyths today, delivery should be tomorrow. Hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

It's not that I don't believe you, I do, but it's just strange that Smyths would sent out a few of the preorders early and leave the majority in their warehouse. Personally I'm happy that mine hasn't been sent out cause I'll be working next few days so there would be no one home to answer the door but I'm off from Thursday so I can wait to binge

My friend has his also. From Smyths, and delivered from DPD. Smyths appear to be splitting the couriers, I imagine due to vast demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Last week for my Xbox they didn’t ship it to late Monday night, didn’t get the Xbox on to Thursday from an post,

However have my ps5 on pre order from Amazon so god only knows when I might get it ha
    Eeek. When did it arrive in the end ??

Gamestop website appears to be down now and all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Gamestop website appears to be down now and all

Its not. Might be your internet/browser

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My Smyths order on the DPD website says,

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    15/11/2020 at 19:44

My original payment method expired and they gave me 24 hours to update it so not sure if that delayed me in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Johner wrote: »

Head Office

My original payment method expired and they gave me 24 hours to update it so not sure if that delayed me in any way.

Nah mine still says the same. Got the link on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Gamestop charged my card on Saturday the 14th (after a mild heart attack that the bank may have blocked the transaction) but i haven't received any text / email with a delivery / dispatch details.

The comms from Gamestop is very poor. Every official comms says email customer service but that response times are long due to high demand. As other people have said, they knew this was coming for months, why not have the people in place to deal with this. I know its such a first world problem (especially during a global pandemic) but everyone wants their console on lunch day, especially when it was pre ordered weeks in advance and paid for in full. That's the whole point of pre ordering....

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Gamestop charged my card on Saturday the 14th (after a mild heart attack that the bank may have blocked the transaction) but i haven't received any text / email with a delivery / dispatch details.

The comms from Gamestop is very poor. Every official comms says email customer service but that response times are long due to high demand. As other people have said, they knew this was coming for months, why not have the people in place to deal with this. I know its such a first world problem (especially during a global pandemic) but everyone wants their console on lunch day, especially when it was pre ordered weeks in advance and paid for in full. That's the whole point of pre ordering....

Exactly. There were a number of ways they could have gone about it. Jesus, its ridiculous that a multi national company like this are so poor. They've destroyed what little faith customers had in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

I keep hoping for that email to come which says Sony are providing more PS5s and I will be getting a lauch day PS5 after all, but it's getting more and more unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

This week of waiting feels longer than the entire pandemic.

And it's only Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭McFly85

I keep hoping for that email to come which says Sony are providing more PS5s and I will be getting a lauch day PS5 after all, but it's getting more and more unlikely.

Probably not launch day, but reading through the thread it looks like a few places(Amazon, Currys, Harvey Norman) that will have a limited number on Launch day. Be worth having a look and getting setup to order, with any luck you could have one soon enough!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Smyths tracker from DPD still the same

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:02

I guess they are sticking to their word and not starting shipping the PS5's till tomorrow at the earliest.

The few people who claim to have received PS5's several days before shipping begins could well be employee's of Smyths or other retail services.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

McFly85 wrote: »
    Probably not launch day, but reading through the thread it looks like a few places(Amazon, Currys, Harvey Norman) that will have a limited number on Launch day. Be worth having a look and getting setup to order, with any luck you could have one soon enough!

Interesting. Gamestop have my ETA as December 27th. If I can get a PS5 elsewhere I'll ditch them.

Still feel a bit sour the NA region got enough PS5s to fulfil all the pre-orders and more to send out at launch day. I feel like Sony should've honoured all the pre-orders first before letting any out into the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I wouldn't say the couriers give a rats arse what the street date of these things are. If they receive them they'll send them out. They aren't in the business of holding stuff. The ones who's order status hasn't changed its most likely because Smyths still have it. Probably sent out in waves.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

.G. wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the couriers give a rats arse what the street date of these things are. If they receive them they'll send them out. They aren't in the business of holding stuff. The ones who's order status hasn't changed its most likely because Smyths still have it. Probably sent out in waves.

that's why I find it hard to believe some couriers got them as early as last week and started shipping a few consoles over the past few days when the vast majority if not all the ps5's are currently still with Smyths and won't be in the hands of DPD till tomorrow. As you say any courier wouldn't just hold onto 1000's of PS5 shipments for several days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thought i heard the postman, ran to my window to check but he wasn't stopping at my house :(

I'm not even getting a delivery! **** this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Still no word from Amazon, Its delivering to my home address as I changed it from PM but still showing as Arriving 21 Nov - 24 Nov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Johner wrote: »

Head Office

I wouldn't worry. The majority of us have that message on the DPD website. I've had it since Saturday or so.

Advertisement