Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

Gonzo wrote: »
    that's why I find it hard to believe some couriers got them as early as last week and started shipping a few consoles over the past few days when the vast majority if not all the ps5's are currently still with Smyths and won't be in the hands of DPD till tomorrow. As you say any courier wouldn't just hold onto 1000's of PS5 shipments for several days.

They're using couriers other than DPD, and it appears that any early deliveries were all digital only editions (from what I've seen anyway). A mate of mine got his delivered yesterday with UPS. I think a few just slipped through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah a few digital ones seem to have been sent out alright. They were charged first so I’d say some of them slipped through the cracks.

Reckon it’ll be tomorrow when all other PS5’s are collected. Then hopefully all delivered on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

On the off chance that I get one in my basket on Thursday, am I better ordering to parcel motel from Amazon, or will they ship it directly to Ireland? Asking because I saw some posters having issues when changing their shipping address.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mbarosin wrote: »
    On the off chance that I get one in my basket on Thursday, am I better ordering to parcel motel from Amazon, or will they ship it directly to Ireland? Asking because I saw some posters having issues when changing their shipping address.

You won't know till you can add it to your basket if they even allow the Irish Address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

mbarosin wrote: »

Ship direct from the get go and you should be fine.

That being said, Harvey Norman may yield better results. They'll be available online from 8am Thurs so could be a good shout to try first. They may even have click and collect stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Waiting for an update from Amazon like...

l4pF9Fb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭McFly85

I know DPD don’t have my PS5 yet. I am 100% certain of this.

But still I can’t stop looking out the window every time I hear a van go by:D Gonna be a long 2 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

That feeling when Spider-Man arrives but no ps5

I worked in a place near Shannon airport, we used multiple couriers. We'd print the labels and stick them to the shipments. Takes a few seconds to stick on a label and depending on the time of the day they might be picked up or might have missed their window. Couriers wont want high value items cluttering up their warehouses because there is a massive risk holding expensive stock.

Smyths still have them, unless of course some escaped. People should stop stressing, they'll be delivered very likely on time. If you're Amazon they are a law unto themselves. I'm prime, ordered a kettle yesterday and the Priority delivery of it is Tuesday next week. Probably will arrive before that but that's their stupid estimate. Delivery times, priority and super saver etc only cover the shipping time, the time they take to pick it is internal. They cannot even control that as they're stupidly busy right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

About to go into a 2 day online workshop with work - will be lucky if I don't start ranting and raving about DPD to my colleagues if my tracking number doesn't get updated laster today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foolishcharlie

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    That feeling when Spider-Man arrives but no ps5

I feel like I'm gonna be in the complete opposite situation. Still waiting on my MM preorder from An Post since last week... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gavvvvers

Hey folks,

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but for those of us stupid enough to not pre-order, what dya think is our best chance of getting one on launch day? I have tabs already open with Harvey Norman, DID, PC World, Smyths, Amazon, Expert etc ready to keep refreshing from Wednesday night.

Anything/anywhere else I should be thinking of? Apologies if this has been asked/answered before!

Ensure you have accounts created in each, no point adding it to your cart and then having to spend a few minutes creating an account, addresses etc and losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

gavvvvers wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but for those of us stupid enough to not pre-order, what dya think is our best chance of getting one on launch day? I have tabs already open with Harvey Norman, DID, PC World, Smyths, Amazon, Expert etc ready to keep refreshing from Wednesday night.

Anything/anywhere else I should be thinking of? Apologies if this has been asked/answered before!

Keep an eye on this Twitter page. He has the sites and times for Harvey, Amazon etc on launch day https://twitter.com/DualSensor?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

For those who went with Gamestop are you expecting to get a tracking number for the delivery?

How did it work with Xbox last week, did they just randomly arrive on the day or did you have a tracking number for an post or dpd etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Keep an eye on this Twitter page. He has the sites and times for Harvey, Amazon etc on launch day https://twitter.com/DualSensor?s=09

He also has up harvey norman is 8am thurs I was just onto harvey norman and theres no info until tomorrow about ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    For those who went with Gamestop are you expecting to get a tracking number for the delivery?

How did it work with Xbox last week, did they just randomly arrive on the day or did you have a tracking number for an post or dpd etc?

My GS order has "tracked delivery" down in the delivery details box.

As for the Xbox launch - a disaster by all accounts. I see lots of complaints on Social Media where people still haven't got their console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharkkiller616

GameStop took the payment for my PS5 order this morning so I was sorted. But two of my mate were both charged twice for the console. Has this happened to anyone else? They both ordered the console and Miles Morales while I just ordered the console and was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

gerrybbadd wrote: »

As for the Xbox launch - a disaster by all accounts. I see lots of complaints on Social Media where people still haven't got their console.

It says tracked delivery for all orders. They wouldnt shop a 500€ console without tracked delivery. They send out email with tracking number shortly after they send you the invoice for it.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Can you screenshot where it says tracked delivery for you? Can't see that anywhere.
    dan786 wrote: »
    It says tracked delivery for all orders. They wouldnt shop a 500€ console without tracked delivery. They send out email with tracking number shortly after they send you the invoice for it.

They confirmed by payment 5 days ago but still no email with a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Can you screenshot where it says tracked delivery for you? Can't see that anywhere.

They confirmed by payment 5 days ago but still no email with a tracking number.

You'll get a tracking number tonight when it ships.

I order a lot with gamestop, including a ps5 controller last week. That shipped at 8pm last Tuesday, and was sent a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

I created an account with Harvey Norman and added my address. Don't want anything slowing me down.

You can get yourself added to a mailing list which will email you when the PS5 goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

I created an account with Harvey Norman and added my address. Don't want anything slowing me down.

You can get yourself added to a mailing list which will email you when the PS5 goes live.

Where is the mailing list option?

Can you click and collect or do you have to pay straight away

blaa85 wrote: »
    You'll get a tracking number tonight when it ships.

I order a lot with gamestop, including a ps5 controller last week. That shipped at 8pm last Tuesday, and was sent a tracking number.

Thanks and at least you got your controller. I've paid off an extra one off them but heard nothing about getting it delivered. Tried contacting them but again nothing. Paid it off in store months ago as well!

Can you click and collect or do you have to pay straight away

The PS5 isn't live on their site yet so don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm currently going for platinum in Spiderman and really looking forward to Miles Morales. I'm working nights so it's going to be tough waking up at 8am only to be likely left with nothing!

Advertisement