Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The GameStop lack of communication is bizarre. They keep posting ads on social media for various things and it’s just people fuming at them.

It’s as if they don’t realise that there are now countless other ways for people to buy games etc in the future, and that people are now gonna order elsewhere instead.

Given that in reality they obviously do realise that, is why I’m worried that there is gonna be legitimate problems with the dispatch and that they’re aware of this already.

With Amazon UK getting stock tomorrow if I am lucky should I get one delivered to parcel motel or will they ship to Ireland what best do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

With Amazon UK getting stock tomorrow if I am lucky should I get one delivered to parcel motel or will they ship to Ireland what best do you think?

Not tomorrow. Thursday. They now ship to Ireland

dan786 wrote: »
    Not tomorrow. Thursday. They now ship to Ireland

Thank you

Can you click and collect or do you have to pay straight away
    The PS5 isn't live on their site yet so don't know.

In the case of Series X preorders, Harvey Norman took money straight away (or in my case, they charged me 3 times for one preorder :eek:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 WAL1992

Money taken from GS, relief! Thought I was in border when the bank blocked it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Based on emails people have gotten recently, they should ship direct to Ireland. What I am doing just to be safe is setting my default address to Parcel Wizard so I can do a quick 2 button press to buy. Can change address right after then if they allow it.

• With Amazon UK getting stock tomorrow if I am lucky should I get one delivered to parcel motel or will they ship to Ireland what best do you think?

I would be checking daily on all sites. Tomorrow also.
    And check Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console
    This might help anyone trying to get a ps5 in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

Will Argos ship with parcel wizard does anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Emz1234 wrote: »
    Will Argos ship with parcel wizard does anybody know?

They cancel any orders to forwarders, very few slip through. Someone posted they had their preorder from September cancelled just few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

dan786 wrote: »
    They cancel any orders to forwarders, very few slip through. Someone posted they had their preorder from September cancelled just few days ago.

Thanks for letting me know I have a relative with an address in uk so if I’m lucky enough I’ll get it delivered to him and he can get it home to me. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Reminder that we will not allow anyone trying to sell consoles here. Your financial situation may be difficult and that’s awful, but a lot of people’s financial situations are difficult. This is not the place for attempted profiteering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    For those who went with Gamestop are you expecting to get a tracking number for the delivery?

How did it work with Xbox last week, did they just randomly arrive on the day or did you have a tracking number for an post or dpd etc?

You will get a Tracking number and you'll get a email to say it has been shipped first.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My GS order has "tracked delivery" down in the delivery details box.

As for the Xbox launch - a disaster by all accounts. I see lots of complaints on Social Media where people still haven't got their console.
    Can you screenshot where it says tracked delivery for you? Can't see that anywhere.

They confirmed by payment 5 days ago but still no email with a tracking number.
    533179.png

You'll be notified via email when it ships, I don't know what else people are expecting?
    GS for online orders first confirm you are in the launch allocation orders, then they take
    payment leading up to the launch and then you get a shipment email. What else are people expecting?

blaa85 wrote: »
    You'll get a tracking number tonight when it ships.

I order a lot with gamestop, including a ps5 controller last week. That shipped at 8pm last Tuesday, and was sent a tracking number.

This is exactly what will happen and always is the case.
    Thanks and at least you got your controller. I've paid off an extra one off them but heard nothing about getting it delivered. Tried contacting them but again nothing. Paid it off in store months ago as well!

Is your order for in-store(open collection store) or is it online for delivery? As I explained in a quote above.....
    For online orders : First you would have received a email, stating you've secured a launch day unit,
    then on launch week you have the payment taken from your bank/paypal account and then you receive shipment confirmation,
    a day or two before launch. This is always the case for console launches.

For in-store orders: First you receive a email, stating you've secured a launch day unit. Next you'd receive
    a call or email stating your collection slot for launch day, or if the store is a closed one.... You'd receive a email giving you
    the
    option to use a voucher, so the console can be shipped to you.

CSF wrote: »
    The GameStop lack of communication is bizarre. They keep posting ads on social media for various things and it’s just people fuming at them.

It’s as if they don’t realise that there are now countless other ways for people to buy games etc in the future, and that people are now gonna order elsewhere instead.

Given that in reality they obviously do realise that, is why I’m worried that there is gonna be legitimate problems with the dispatch and that they’re aware of this already.

What are you expecting from them? See my quotes above. Also just to add,
    I've had confirmation that they are not going to just use An Post for the deliveries (which they normally do).
    They will be sending consoles via UPS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Just a note to anyone using AddressPal to get their PS5 from the UK.

Because of Brexit, they're changing their operations (see attachment for correspondence), so as of 1st January, the collection address will no longer work in favour of the home delivery address.

On top of that, there'll be customs rules for orders from the UK delivered to Ireland. Which sucks.

Something to keep in mind if you're planning to keep a pre-order going into 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Does anyone know what time the like of harvey norman/currys/Argos(if they have them) will be going on sale?

I know its either delivery or click and collect but is it midnight on the 19th or 8am?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I don't know if I just lucked out, but I was able to get through to GS's customer support and didn't find the gaps between emails to be anything crazy, given the logistics they are have to do with moving the in store order to online. I ran into some issues with the gift card not showing the total value I paid in store, and I also was one of the ones not getting emails from the team with my code details, but once I contacted Support it was all resolved within 48 hours. It honestly sounds like the store didn't have the right details for my email address, but it was resolved easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharkkiller616

Do we know if GameStop is shipping orders today?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Emailed popped up from Smyths and my heart skipped a beat. Turns out it was just them looking for feedback on recent purchases.

It’s getting close now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Has anyone got their email from Smyths re click and collect yet? I’d check the thread but I was last on four days ago and the page is showing 50 more pages since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Lemlin wrote: »
    Has anyone got their email from Smyths re click and collect yet? I’d check the thread but I was last on four days ago and the page is showing 50 more pages since!

We won’t get them until tomorrow when the shop closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Emailed popped up from Smyths and my heart skipped a beat. Turns out it was just them looking for feedback on recent purchases.

It’s getting close now!!

I got an email from them about fecking Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does anyone know what time the like of harvey norman/currys/Argos(if they have them) will be going on sale?

I know its either delivery or click and collect but is it midnight on the 19th or 8am?

I thought none of those places were selling them on launch day to the general public? And that the only places selling the PS5 were places where you were able to pre-order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

siblers wrote: »
    I thought none of those places were selling them on launch day to the general public? And that the only places selling the PS5 were places where you were able to pre-order from?

I'd be very surprised if most shops didn't allocate some stock for launch day orders. Preorder only stock would be a bit unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭siblers

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if most shops didn't allocate some stock for launch day orders. Preorder only stock would be a bit unfair.

I saw a post on Reddit where someone said the likes of Argos, Currys etc won't have any on launch and only Gamestop, Smyths etc would have them available for pre-order.

He could be completely wrong on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

siblers wrote: »

Harvey Norman will definitely have some stock available for purchase online from 8am on Thurs. Some stores may also have click and collect but it's hard to tell if this is going to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I disagree. Sony have said that they wont stock the PlayStation 5 on shelves so it would make sense for stores to throw everything up on preorder that they have for click and collect when its ready.

So certainly some may come up on the morning of in some stores if that's when they receive stock, but most stores will just throw their preorder stock up. No value in holding stock back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Unfair on who though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got an email from them about fecking Lego.

Me too, got excited then my hopes were dashed. Even weirder I don't have my preorder with them so no idea what I got excited about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Me too, got excited then my hopes were dashed. Even weirder I don't have my preorder with them so no idea what I got excited about :)

I got excited about a text from AIB earlier. Logic and reason have gone out the window.

Advertisement