Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,245 ✭✭✭✭CSF

In GameStops defence, they've handled in-store game preorders really well.

I only ever use GameStop for trade ins as their value is second to none when offers are on.

Can't speak to the console orders but they've surprised me with in-store game orders.
    The key thing here though is that they appear like they’re about to mess up on something that people REALLY care about.

If I’d say, ordered a Switch game and it came a day or 2 later than I expected, my life would continue with very little frustration but they are about to hurdle into a torrent of fury that is going to seriously damage their reputation.

The last thing any company needs is tonnes of people fuming about you on social media, when there are so many competitors in that market for online sales now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Cancelled my Amazon preorder last week. Serious pangs of regret now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Is it bad I'm almost hoping the young lad opens the door to the courier this week so I (I mean he) doesn't have to wait till xmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Berty wrote: »
    Hate to burst your bubble but an 11 year old doesn't believe in Santa. My niece pretended she did for months because she was afraid that if she said she didn't believe she wouldn't get presents.

Now if your child is home schooled on a permanent basis then maybe but there is always some sh*t in school who gathers everyone around and says "You won't guess what I heard"

I fully believed in Santa until I was 12, and that was with all of my 6th class classmates telling that me he's not real. I just thought that they were all gimps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

blaze1 wrote: »
    Is it bad I'm almost hoping the young lad opens the door to the courier this week so I (I mean he) doesn't have to wait till xmas :pac:

Look at it this way.

It would be an early Christmas present he will never forget. Let him know it's his big gift and enjoy it on release day, maybe pick up a new game for Dec 25th.

I'd love if my parents had ever done that for me. That's just me though.

Unless it's from Santa. Don't f**k with Santa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Does anyone know if the Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones will work with the PS5?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Mad to think without covid we'd be all queuing tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

madmoe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones will work with the PS5?

Thanks,
    M

If they're Bluetooth, no they won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Cancelled my Amazon preorder last week. Serious pangs of regret now.

Well ya have both harvey norman and amazon to go to for orders on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

dan786 wrote: »
    No thats not how it works, you cant just "rock" up to the shop. They wont be getting stock, even if by some miracle they do, it will have to be reserved on their site and will be gone in seconds.

Oh I agree with you. I was saying it sarcastically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

matt360 wrote: »
    Looks like I've been charged twice by GameStop! One payment gone and one 'pending' with the money taken from my card. Paid through PayPal.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

That happened to my colleagues son also when he was ordering via GS, weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Looks like I've been charged twice by GameStop! One payment gone and one 'pending' with the money taken from my card. Paid through PayPal.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Pending transaction might never go through and will probably just dissappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Different banks call them different things and it's like when they present for it twice but they only batch one of them. Some call them pending and some call them Ghost transactions. Be grand.

Some can vanish overnight and some take a few days, some then disappear when one of them is batched on their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Normally I wouldn't be too worried but now there are a whole load of 'what if' scenarios running through my head..."what if they don't see the one that went through but see the 'pending' one and don't send me my console!?' ������

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Normally I wouldn't be too worried but now there are a whole load of 'what if' scenarios running through my head..."what if they don't see the one that went through but see the 'pending' one and don't send me my console!?' ������

Insert smiley face and face palm emojis.. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Theyre just duplicate entries into their payment system, one of which will fall away. Nothing to worry about at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

What if you get 2 consoles:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Still no sign of amazon taking any money 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok, I've not pre-ordered......do I have ANY chance of getting this before Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Kremin wrote: »
    If they're Bluetooth, no they won't work

Bluetooth and wired I think.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

py2006 wrote: »

Be ready to go Thursday on Amazon/ keep a very regular eye on smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Best chance is to sit up all tomorrow night and refresh your browser on Harvey Norman and a few others. Harvey Normans availability is 'supposed' to go live at 8.00am but i'd be checking hours before that. You'll be fighting bots though so good luck.

I sure hope they do a second batch before xmas

I sure hope they do a second batch before xmas

They must likely will

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Hayezer wrote: »
    Anyone with a Currys pre-order hear anything from Currys? Radio silence since putting down the 5 euro deposit

Heard nothing. What a joke.

Keep and eye on dell.com

That's right dell.com

They had some a few hours ago!!

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/compare/64x0

Anybody reading much into tweets like these:

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1327307240504745987?s=20

Keep and eye on dell.com

That's right dell.com

They had some a few hours ago!!

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/compare/64x0

Thats the US, if they do deliver here you would have to add customs fees etc

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

HotMama89 wrote: »
    Still no sign of amazon taking any money 😕

Have a feeling it wont be until 19th if not later. They got themselves a couple of extra days it seems (mine still showing 21-24/11)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I've pre-ordered this for a friend.

At first, I was like "Do I really need a PS5 yet?".

Now with the payment taken and tracking number in hand, I'm more "Do I really need a friend?"

:o

Advertisement