Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Same but when you click into order it says Tuesday.. I wouldnt think they will arrive by the weekend we should just consider ourselves very lucky...

Anpost and amazon has become ridulous in parts of Ireland they are constantly getting stuck in traffic so don't expect it to arrive launch day, I know I don't but I can wait.. Also amazon CS is amazing so if anything does go wrong you can easily get a refund whereas other places might tell you they have to send for repairs etc..

Yes- any coil whine or noisy fan and its going back. (Especially seeing how silent xbox is)
    Had to deal with pc’s with those issues in the past and it bothered me for years.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Interesting to see on the links provided - Argos are selling a 1tb WD SSD under the Playstation banner, for 260 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ozmo wrote: »
    Yes- any coil whine or noisy fan and its going back. (Especially seeing how silent xbox is)
    Had to deal with pc’s with those issues in the past and it bothered me for years.

I'm having major issues with my xbox ... steel series 7x isn't working correctly but I think its all down to my eir mobile connection and protocols..

This better not be the case with ps5.. My parents had a 4k TV which was out of warranty by about a month the ambilight went on it and amazon refunded it straight away after it was sent back... so its work the extra wait for that extra bit of cover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

juansheet wrote: »
    Taken from mine too. Delivery time has changed from 21st - 24th Nov to “arriving Tuesday”. Changed from PM to Irish address 2 days ago. Anyone with an Amazon order who stayed with PM get updated delivery as a matter of interest?

I should be asleep (god damn insomnia) but checked mine just there as I stayed with PM as had topped up specifically and paid extra for insurance. It says “preparing for dispatch” and arriving tomorrow. In the “see all updates” section it says “delivery appointment scheduled”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Money taken here too. Yay. Says delivery 21 - 24th, when you click the updates on link it says package has shipped. Not expecting it by tomorrow but nice to know it's on the way. Delivered by Amazon Logistics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anybody with click and collect smiths that has money taken yet? I haven’t yet when do they usually take it

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

biggebruv wrote: »
    Anybody with click and collect smiths that has money taken yet? I haven’t yet when do they usually take it

Won’t be taken until tonight around 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Anyone got shipping email with tracking from Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

FixitFelix wrote: »

Nothing from them for me either.
    As everything I’ve received from them recently has taken two days to arrive, I don’t expect to see anything before Friday now :(

Edit: Unless they use that courier that was mentioned? I know that for Xbox it was split between An Post and another delivery company (An Post took two days then as well) so perhaps the other one was quicker??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Amazon have taken funds from me too. Getting a little bit hopeful I'll get it tomorrow but won't be annoyed if I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So some updates on my ps5 for people

It’s been dispatched by Amazon via ups so hopefully I will have it by Friday if not it’s not the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Game.co.uk shipped at 1-50am good chance it will be at PM today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Nothing yet. Was really hoping to see an e-mail this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

Game.co.uk shipped at 1-50am good chance it will be at PM today/tomorrow.

They changed my shipping from Royal Mail Tracked 24 to Yodel Next Day and it says on Yodel's website that their next day only covers mainland UK. I'm not optimistic for mine. Plus Yodel are notoriously crap.

Pretty sneaky of them to change the shipping method for a lot of the orders and especially to Yodel for people outside mainland UK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

jsemple wrote: »
    They changed my shipping from Royal Mail Tracked 24 to Yodel Next Day and it says on Yodel's website that their next day only covers mainland UK. I'm not optimistic for mine. Plus Yodel are notoriously crap.

Pretty sneaky of them to change the shipping method for a lot of the orders and especially to Yodel for people outside mainland UK

Same here it was royal mail up to last night. Got DHL next day so hopefully a bit better than yodel. But no tracking number to keep an eye on it.

Madman08 wrote: »
    Nothing yet. Was really hoping to see an e-mail this morning.

Yeah thought that myself, but hopefully something arrives today

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

DPD order (via Smyths) still stuck on "order data received from sender)...gonna be an anxious day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

goon_magee wrote: »
    DPD order (via Smyths) still stuck on "order data received from sender)...gonna be an anxious day!

Same as me, just means the label is printed, probably given to the courier this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Fieldog wrote: »
    Same as me, just means the label is printed, probably given to the courier this evening...

Cheers, hopefully! I haven't had many deliveries from DPD, and this is the first time I've ever opted for a delivery on a new console over collection, so no idea really how DPD usually fair in terms of getting stuff out on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Money pending from Amazon and they say it’s dispatched. Received a text from An Post saying delivery in up to 3 working days but not sure if it’s the PS5 or the Series X they lost on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Fieldog wrote: »

I would've thought/hoped they would hand them over to DPD earlier than this evening to give the best chance of delivery tomorrow. I thought I saw someone on here say DPD don't deliver every day in his area

Just got my email from gamestop:) delivery with anpost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Same but when you click into order it says Tuesday.. I wouldnt think they will arrive by the weekend we should just consider ourselves very lucky...

Anpost and amazon has become ridulous in parts of Ireland they are constantly getting stuck in traffic so don't expect it to arrive launch day, I know I don't but I can wait.. Also amazon CS is amazing so if anything does go wrong you can easily get a refund whereas other places might tell you they have to send for repairs etc..

My Series X only arrived yesterday from Amazon via An Post. The PS5 is coming from Amazon as well but coming with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Interesting that people are saying UPS for Amazon. Are you guys in Dublin? For the last month or so everything I've gotten from Amazon has been through their own delivery service. Wonder if it's the same for this - hopefully as it's been super quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Just got shipping notification from gamestop. Sent with an post, no way its arriving by tomorrow, tracking number not even active yet

Figured I'd add that this is for the digital version in case they are shipping those first

Doomofman wrote: »
    Just got shipping notification from gamestop. Sent with an post, no way its arriving by tomorrow, tracking number not even active yet

Yeah I've 2 ps5s coming one for me and one for sons Xmas, but only got 1 shipping email so far

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Cina wrote: »
    Interesting that people are saying UPS for Amazon. Are you guys in Dublin? For the last month or so everything I've gotten from Amazon has been through their own delivery service. Wonder if it's the same for this - hopefully as it's been super quick

I’m UPS and i’m down in the south

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

biggebruv wrote: »
    Paul MCM wrote: »
    Won’t be taken until tonight around 9pm.

I'm in the same boat, missus has one ordered for a friend too. Interestingly, got an extra controller with each too and the money was taken for both of those after 9pm last Wednesday with a ready for collection email on that evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Order dispatched by Amazon, Amazon Delivery tracking number, based in Dublin. so hopeful for Tomorrow/Friday delivery. I received the pulse headset on release day...Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Yeah I've 2 ps5s coming one for me and one for sons Xmas, but only got 1 shipping email so far

For those that got tracking numbers from gamestop with an post, did the status change on your on-line account on gamestop.ie from confirmed to something else?

Advertisement