Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Yeah Amazon dispatched.mine.also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

OmegaRed wrote: »
    For those that got tracking numbers from gamestop with an post, did the status change on your on-line account on gamestop.ie from confirmed to something else?

Changed to Shipped. Also has a link to the tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Amazon took my money last night, but still no sign of a dispatch. I'm happy to hear its UPS they are using by the sounds of it.

I was supposed to receive Spider-Man:MM last thursday, shipped from Amazon, delivery by an post. Still havent gotten it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Amazon likely to take 3 days so good chance of delivery Friday. Even if it says "
    Delivery appointment scheduled
    IE"

It still comes from UK. Had a parcel last week with Amazon Logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you have a UPS depot in your county then it's UPS and if you don't then UPS hand it over to Nightline who deliver it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

For Amazon, hopefully we see a "package has shipped" message later today. Then in the morning, there's hopefully a "package arrived at the final delivery station". Should mean it'll be delivered that day.

This is for delivery by Amazon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Unfortunately the Xbox thread does not make good reading for anyone with GameStop orders being sent via An Post.

Hopefully it won’t be the case for this but it seems to have been a complete and utter mess last week.

Remember An Post in some counties are delivering 7 days a week so even better for some people. For me my guy is definitely out 6 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,245 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Berty wrote: »
    Remember An Post in some counties are delivering 7 days a week so even better for some people. For me my guy is definitely out 6 days a week.

I mean yeah that’s good, but receiving it on Sunday is still gonna mean it’s my final GameStop order.

Given that Smyths had their tracking details out to people on Sunday, there is genuinely no excuse that GameStop have still sent nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ManUnited123

When are smyths planning to hand over the PS5s to DPD? It still says the following for me in DPD tracking link:

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    15/11/2020 at 19:25

I've been pressing F5 for the last 3 days hoping that the status changes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

DPD tracking site down for me, I must've broke it with the constant refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

When are smyths planning to hand over the PS5s to DPD? It still says the following for me in DPD tracking link:

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    15/11/2020 at 19:25

I've been pressing F5 for the last 3 days hoping that the status changes !

Today at some point. That has been the plan all along but people are impatient :D

They sent an email to everyone with a console ordered for delivery last week saying it would be handed over to the courier a day before.
    3. In order for us to ensure delivery on release day, your order will be passed over to our carrier partner, one day in advance on Wednesday 18th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ManUnited123

Oat23 wrote: »
    Today at some point. That has been the plan all along but people are impatient :D

They sent an email to everyone with a console ordered for delivery last week saying it would be handed over to the courier a day before.

I'm hoping they hand it over early today so that we can get it early tomorrow?

I'm getting really impatient and it doesn't help that I'm on leaves currently so I have nothing to do except for clicking F5 on the DPD page for the last 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have a dispatch email from Game UK with Yodel delivery service. Never heard of them, dunno if its a good or bad thing. Will just have to keep the faith anyway. I'm presuming though it'll end up being Friday before it gets to Parcel Motel depot

Penn wrote: »
    Have a dispatch email from Game UK with Yodel delivery service. Never heard of them, dunno if its a good or bad thing. Will just have to keep the faith anyway. I'm presuming though it'll end up being Friday before it gets to Parcel Motel depot

Yodel are okay I suppose, one step up from Hermes in my opinion. They will have loads of them heading to that Depot anyway so will likely be palletised I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Email from Amazon.

Item dispatched priority shipping with DHL, delivery tomorrow.

There was much rejoicing.

ea8286a1e6a200aef18601eacc5c41a3.gif

Look a little closer.

Its something that I ordered from Amazon Japan.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marcindpol

This comes from Smyths email we all got:

4. You will receive delivery updates from the carrier directly on Thursday morning 19th November, please watch out for them and let them know if you are not going to be home to take delivery.

Hope it means guaranteed delivery on Thursday.
    After all a lot of us got a day off on Thursday specifically to safely receive the console.

Are all the people who have gotten their shipping email from GameStop people who ordered digital versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CSF wrote: »
    Are all the people who have gotten their shipping email from GameStop people who ordered digital versions?

Appears to be so far. Still waiting here for disc version updates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Has anyone heard anything about the Store collections? (from Smyths)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Yes , haven't got my email about disc version yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

NeVeR wrote: »

Based on what happened with accessories last Wednesday, people will be charged tonight around the time they close (9pm) and will receive emails with the QR codes for pickup.

It's all pretty standard from Smyths. Their emails last week have laid out clearly how things will work for both click & collect and delivery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I mean yeah that’s good, but receiving it on Sunday is still gonna mean it’s my final GameStop order.

Given that Smyths had their tracking details out to people on Sunday, there is genuinely no excuse that GameStop have still sent nothing.

Smyth’s started the process on Sunday, that’s all. They generated a DPD label, it still won’t update until today. GS sent the email last Monday for the XBox, delivered Tuesday via UPS.

DPD will get them back to Athlone today ready to distribute to the depots tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

NeVeR wrote: »

For store collections from Smyths, they always take the money at around 9pm the day before release and will send an email around with your barcode and collection details very shortly afterwards.

So expect correspondence from them via email around 9pm tonight.

I went through the process a couple of times with different items last week and both followed the same pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cina wrote: »
    Interesting that people are saying UPS for Amazon. Are you guys in Dublin? For the last month or so everything I've gotten from Amazon has been through their own delivery service. Wonder if it's the same for this - hopefully as it's been super quick

Dublin here, but mine is being delivered by Amazon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

long day for the C&C folks waiting for their text this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anybody heard a peep from GameStop or Smyths Collection?

Ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Anybody heard a peep from GameStop or Smyths Collection?

Smyths sends the collection text and email around close of business the day before launch (today)

whiterebel wrote: »
    Smyth’s started the process on Sunday, that’s all. They generated a DPD label, it still won’t update until today. GS sent the email last Monday for the XBox, delivered Tuesday via UPS.

DPD will get them back to Athlone today ready to distribute to the depots tonight.

My friend was texted earlier in the week by Smyths saying it’s been on boarded with the courier.

Now he hasn’t received it yet. But that would bode well for him receiving it on time tomorrow.

GameStop just haven’t bothered communicate anything yet, and have refused to respond to the emails of many on this topic. It appears they’ve done literally nothing yet.

I’m not bothered being one of those people who shouts at them on social media but I’m certainly not gonna look to keep continuing to give them money. Why would they ever sort themselves out if people just buy from them anyway when there are competitors in the market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    long day for the C&C folks waiting for their text this evening :D

Have to say, i was jealous when reports came out of Irish lads getting really delivery from smyths but I'm really glad i went with c&c. I'm 99% certain I'll get a text this evening and collect my ps5 in the morning with no issue. Following a tracking link would wreck my head.

To those going with delivery, hope ye get it asap, we're nearly there!

Advertisement