Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

DPD are excellent fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

extrafluff wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I've never had an issue with DPD & have found them to be very reliable.

UPS on the other hand, I deal with them daily in work & they are an absolute nightmare.

Just had a DPD van pull up outside. Delivery for my sister :mad: Got my hopes up :D

I think it's probably just down to the drivers in whatever area, to be honest! My usual UPS guy is a legend so I was hoping I'd have mine ship with UPS from Smyths but I'm not going to complain either way, as long as my package arrives in one piece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just had a delivery from Smyths (presents for Christmas) delivered by Fastway. Was sent last night so very quick. Was just a random guy in a car dropped it off though and the back of his car was rammed with other packages. No signature required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

We expecting payments to go out today for click and collect smyths orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Kanney wrote: »
    DPD are excellent fwiw
    Yup, have nothing but good things to say about them. The guy who covers my area is a legend and rings me around 5 mins in advance of him turning up outside my building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Any sound man or woman have an idea if anywhere will be stocking any PS5s tomorrow? Argos been so quiet....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Latest email from Smyths confirming they'll have no extra stock tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Smyths wont have any more stock tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Any sound man or woman have an idea if anywhere will be stocking any PS5s tomorrow? Argos been so quiet....

amazon said they will have some but you'll want to be fast as they are the only known place to say they have stock on launch day

dan786 wrote: »
    Smyths wont have any more stock tomorrow.

Yup. Even their website says stock due in December under the product listing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just i.r.o An Post - I ordered Spiderman MM on Amazon. It came into the country at 1pm yesterday, and I had it at 9am this morning. So hopefully this will bode well for the PS5 coming from GS

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Emailed Smyths this morning as I had noticed the payment was actually still flagged as pending on my bank account so wanted to make sure they had payment. They confirmed payment was sorted and that my order had been dispatched from their warehouse - still no update on the DPD side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

goon_magee wrote: »
    Emailed Smyths this morning as I had noticed the payment was actually still flagged as pending on my bank account so wanted to make sure they had payment. They confirmed payment was sorted and that my order had been dispatched from their warehouse - still no update on the DPD side though.

I wouldn't pay much heed to what Smyths say by email, they talk absolute shíte. I was trying to get my delivery address changed and at first I was told they can't because an post are legally required to attempt delivery to the first address provided. An post aren't even involved. Took about 6 emails before someone finally admitted they just don't have the resources to change the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

My Colleague in the UK got double charged by game and he checked the order and he ordered 2 by mistake.

DPD collecting the extra one on Friday Morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I wouldn't pay much heed to what Smyths say by email, they talk absolute shíte. I was trying to get my delivery address changed and at first I was told they can't because an post are legally required to attempt delivery to the first address provided. An post aren't even involved. Took about 6 emails before someone finally admitted they just don't have the resources to change the address.

Agreed, taking everything they say with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

dmcg90 wrote: »
    GameStop just dispatched my disk console via UPS, 7:50am label created, email at 9:40am

Not jealous. Nope not one bit. Not me. No way. :(

P.S. UPS...interesting.

Now back to checking mails on a minute by minute basis...:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are Argos just going to have stock in stores, for those who queue up? Or are they already sold out? Console isn't even listed on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Has anyone for Smyths C&C been charged yet? Usually that happens prior to the email for me

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Has anyone for Smyths C&C been charged yet? Usually that happens prior to the email for me

Tonight around 9pm we should all be charged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Kiith wrote: »
    Are Argos just going to have stock in stores, for those who queue up? Or are they already sold out? Console isn't even listed on their site.

Talk is that they won't have stock, but always worth checking for yourself. As far as I know they're only open for people with reservations due to the lockdown though, so can't see them allowing people to queue up even if rhey do get stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Tonight around 9pm we should all be charged

If there are any payments issues will we be able to just pay instore tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If there are any payments issues will we be able to just pay instore tomorrow?

Not certain but they seem to be discouraging folks from doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kiith wrote: »

Well they can't have them in stores available unless they are set for click and collect. Probably splitting hairs somewhat but if they had stock, you'd be required to order it online to pick it up - as per Sony's twitter a few weeks ago that on-shelf selling isn't permitted.

• Kiith wrote: »

I would be checking early tomorrow morning. Worth a shot looking to reserve one.
    Argos have had reserve stock for all console launches as far back as I can remember.
    Nothing to lose in trying this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

RedXIV wrote: »
    Not certain but they seem to be discouraging folks from doing this

They won't be allowing this, however if there are payment issues, you get texted a link to update your details. Once you click through and update it'll charge you immediately. This happened me as I'd the wrong card on my account. Ten mins after I had payment taken I then got my tracking link. I'd assume for click and collect, you can prove payment this way at the door or it may just take a few mins for their system to update and you'll have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

NeVeR wrote: »

No I think they give people who have a preorder a discount code for 2k on a ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No I think they give people who have a preorder a discount code for 2k on a ps5

Yep that's exactly it. It's actually a very smart way to manage it as it let's them release preorders as they come available.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

I have the wrong card details on Smyths for click and collect, will this be a major problem? Do you think they will def send a link to update details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I have the wrong card details on Smyths for click and collect, will this be a major problem? Do you think they will def send a link to update details

Yeah, they will. The link is sent as soon as the first card fails. Youll also get a text message to say it.

Advertisement