Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have the wrong card details on Smyths for click and collect, will this be a major problem? Do you think they will def send a link to update details

Yep, they will (if they do indeed take funds today).

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Smyth’s delivery & collect still haven’t debited my bank card. Will they be charging me upon collection in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just got dispatched confirmation from Amazon with delivery due tomorrow in Dublin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Smyth’s delivery & collect still haven’t debited my bank card. Will they be charging me upon collection in store?

Collect will charge tonight at approx 8.30/9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Email from Smyths saying pre-orders are on track to deliver on time - so tomorrow!!

Also says that there will not be any extra stock tomorrow but they should have more stock arriving soon. I'd say there will be another run on consoles before Christmas from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

If there are any payments issues will we be able to just pay instore tomorrow?

The FAQ on the website says they will allow 24 hours for updated payment details

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Sponsorgate

:)

Still no dispatch on mine..... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Keep an eye on it, Amazon have been delivering to a wrong address lately, until I entered eircode, which seems helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I nearly want one myself now as well. Only thing I would probably play though is GT7

• Advertisement

Argos Limerick aren’t getting any

I have till Christmas Eve to find one anyway I hope I’m lucky enough

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

How do you know this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rumour has it that Argos UK have absorbed all stock so argos Ireland will have none tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Still no dispatch on mine..... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Me either ....still preparing for dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

My Amazon delivery date now is tomorrow. It was 21st-24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Put this in the other thread by mistake, but Amazon dispatch email came through about 5am, disc version.

Also says they're going to email me a password I have to tell the delivery driver which i thought odd. Perhaps because I've been paying it off weekly with vouchers rather than a cc payment in one go...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

YAY

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

The tracking for my PS5 from GAME is estimating delivery to N. Ireland from Yodel on the 20th. At purchase they offered Royal Mail Tracked 24 but a week before release they switch it to a courier that doesn't deliver next day outside the mainland...

jonny_b wrote: »
    How do you know this

I rang both stores

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

It's a bit mad isn't it, that GS, the largest video game retailer in the country, is so poorly un prepared and ill-equipped to handle what is their biggest and busiest launch period in years. Even with Covid-19 and all which they have had months to prepare for since the consoles announced their launch dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭klose

I find it odd that argos will get no console stock yet plenty of games and accessories stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

klose wrote: »
    I find it odd that argos will get no console stock yet plenty of games and accessories stock?

They have no stock of PS5 charging docks,pulse headsets and never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Spooch wrote: »
    It's a bit mad isn't it, that GS, the largest video game retailer in the country, is so poorly un prepared and ill-equipped to handle what is their biggest and busiest launch period in years. Even with Covid-19 and all which they have had months to prepare for since the consoles announced their launch dates

They are a company on the edge of going out of existence, can't imagine the staff really give a **** at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Glico Man wrote: »
    Put this in the other thread by mistake, but Amazon dispatch email came through about 5am, disc version.

Also says they're going to email me a password I have to tell the delivery driver which i thought odd. Perhaps because I've been paying it off weekly with vouchers rather than a cc payment in one go...

No, I got the same email and I paid in one go. Mine is going to Parcel Motel so not sure how that’s going to work with the password they have mentioned in that email?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There aren’t any problems with GameStop - no idea where people are getting that idea. The 80 comments under their ‘Let’s Sing 2021’ Facebook ad are clearly all just karaoke enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I got a UPS amazon tracking number and I have just got a text from UPS now saying item is held up in depot with unpaid customs fee of €1.95!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

My friends PS5 has since arrived from Smyths. It won't power up or have any source of power whatsoever when he tries to turn it on. Fingers crossed it's just a once off and not a widespread issue. I heard rumours of the xbox having issues (as the have done in the past!) but I didn't expect this from Sony. Has anyone else heard of ps5 issues? Sorry to be a buzz kill!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Smyths tracker still not updated since original email and no payment taken yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Mine was dispatched by Amazon this morning just got a phone notification to say it will be delivered tomorrow. Wooooohoooooooo. **** you parcel motel haha so glad I changed now. Get up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

An post tracker finally has my package (Gamestop.ie order, Digital edition):
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Advertisement