Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Gamestop An Post tracking just updated to say my package is in D12. Hopefully they can get it to my local office over in the Whest by the morning though I'm not holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

My friends PS5 has since arrived from Smyths. It won't power up or have any source of power whatsoever when he tries to turn it on. Fingers crossed it's just a once off and not a widespread issue. I heard rumours of the xbox having issues (as the have done in the past!) but I didn't expect this from Sony. Has anyone else heard of ps5 issues? Sorry to be a buzz kill!

Haven't heard of many out of the box issues. Few with HDD, Rest mode etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Doomofman wrote: »
    Gamestop An Post tracking just updated to say my package is in D12. Hopefully they can get it to my local office over in the Whest by the morning though I'm not holding my breath

My Spiderman MM came into Dublin Parcel Hub yesterday at 12:56, and i had it delivered this morning around 9am. I'm in the Whest meself (Sligo)

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Doomofman wrote: »

An post are flying for me.

I ordered something for the car yesterday afternoon about 2pm, An post delivered it at 7.30 this morning.

Think positive man.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

An post tracker finally has my package (Gamestop.ie order, Digital edition):

I kinda hate you right now! lol
    Hope you do get it tomorrow though :)

Mine still hasn't been dispatched, wonder if they sent the digital editions first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I got a UPS amazon tracking number and I have just got a text from UPS now saying item is held up in depot with unpaid customs fee of €1.95!

Sounds like a Smishing text, avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I got a UPS amazon tracking number and I have just got a text from UPS now saying item is held up in depot with unpaid customs fee of €1.95!

Ok I think this is actually a scam text, different tracking number altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Gonzo wrote: »
    Smyths tracker still not updated since original email and no payment taken yet.

It's not expected to until tonight tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So who are gonna be the sound lads reserving any consoles they happen to see online for those of us who may miss that chance due to work?

In the unlikely event anyone manages to spot a disc version in the wild in Limerick and could reserve it I would really appreciate it. I can only check the phone at certain times during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

So who are gonna be the sound lads reserving any consoles they happen to see online for those of us who may miss that chance due to work?

In the unlikely event anyone manages to spot a disc version in the wild in Limerick and could reserve it I would really appreciate it. I can only check the phone at certain times during the day.

That would be very decent of people :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I don't think it will work like that tomorrow will it. On the pre-orders you could say reserve it or throw a deposit down, no payment was needed.

As they will be on general sale I'd say cards will be charged straight away?? as pre-orders won't be taken it'll just be first come first serve from now on.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My Spiderman MM came into Dublin Parcel Hub yesterday at 12:56, and i had it delivered this morning around 9am. I'm in the Whest meself (Sligo)

Fingers crossed

Awesome, thanks for the update matches my situation perfectly (even got into Dublin hub a bit earlier).

madmoe wrote: »
    That would be very decent of people :D

I'm not hopeful due to people here actually playing their own consoles but I'll keep faith in the good people here.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I don't think it will work like that tomorrow will it. On the pre-orders you could say reserve it or throw a deposit down, no payment was needed.

As they will be on general sale I'd say cards will be charged straight away??

Argos would be my thinking if they do get any in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

Still no email from GameStop. Still says Confirmed on the My Orders page. The worry is setting in now....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gonzo wrote: »
    Smyths tracker still not updated since original email and no payment taken yet.

It won’t update until 9ish tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

What's everyone's plans for c&c Smyth's tomorrow? I obviously want to go as early as possible assuming they text tonight confirming it's ready but I'm dreading standing in a queue for hours if everyone has the same idea.

Then on the other hand if we wait till later the general Smyth's c&c queues will be there for non-ps related items.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Kremin wrote: »
    What's everyone's plans for c&c Smyth's tomorrow? I obviously want to go as early as possible assuming they text tonight confirming it's ready but I'm dreading standing in a queue for hours if everyone has the same idea.

Then on the other hand if we wait till later the general Smyth's c&c queues will be there for non-ps related items.

Planning on heading at 8am myself. Even with 20 odd people in the queue it should move pretty fast as it’s all paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

Just got notification from Amazon delivery to dublin address by 9pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Kremin wrote: »

I'm thinking go early-ish but not before 9 since there'll be huge crowds waiting for the opening and those collecting before work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

bennyl10 wrote: »

Would 9 tonight give enough time for DPD to dispatch everything for delivery tomorrow especially in more rural areas?

"Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12"

Edging ever closer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RoryMac wrote: »
    Would 9 tonight give enough time for DPD to dispatch everything for delivery tomorrow especially in more rural areas?

Oh I thought you meant C&C sorry

Delivery could be anytime today

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

bennyl10 wrote: »

Is the 9pm timescale not with regards click and collect punters getting payments processed etc.? I would have expected confirmation and an update ahead of then from DPD with regards deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

goon_magee wrote: »
    Is the 9pm timescale not with regards click and collect punters getting payments processed etc.? I would have expected confirmation and an update ahead of then from DPD with regards deliveries.

Should be fine, its due to be delivered tomorrow, could be any time tomorrow, it would still be what they've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Yeah same for me.

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

booterboy wrote: »
    They have no stock of PS5 charging docks,pulse headsets and never had.

To be fair I posted here or the other thread the other day that Argos Limerick could pre order a headset for delivery for Friday the 20th so they do have intermitent stock it seems.

They also had 5 controllers in stock so they've stuff alright moving about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

My order from amazon being delivered to parcel motel says there's a one time password I must give to the delivery driver, anyone know how this works with parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kanney wrote: »
    Should be fine, its due to be delivered tomorrow, could be any time tomorrow, it would still be what they've said.

I checked the tracking for Smyths order last week using DPD. Didn't get update that it was traveling in DPD network until 9pm the day before so yeah I'd say people should be good for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Cancelled my amazon pre order for disc version this morning after payment bounced I’m absolutely gutted. Just hadn’t got the dough.

I’ve got a curry’s pre order and 500 quid voucher I’m hoping that comes in but unlikely.

Sick knowing it would have probably arrived tomorrow morning.

Advertisement