Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Cancelled my amazon pre order for disc version this morning after payment bounced I’m absolutely gutted. Just hadn’t got the dough.

I’ve got a curry’s pre order and 500 quid voucher I’m hoping that comes in but unlikely.

Sick knowing it would have probably arrived tomorrow morning.

That stings dude, sorry to hear it. Can imagine how you're feeling:(

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I checked the tracking for Smyths order last week using DPD. Didn't get update that it was traveling in DPD network until 9pm the day before so yeah I'd say people should be good for tomorrow

This is what we need, more positive reassuring posts like this - you've now settled me enough that I should be able to go from checking my tracker every 5 mins, to every 10 mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CollieD92

Doomofman wrote: »
    Gamestop An Post tracking just updated to say my package is in D12. Hopefully they can get it to my local office over in the Whest by the morning though I'm not holding my breath

Any idea if are all packages being sorted through Dublin? Waiting on mine to update in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

This was the timeframe of my copy of Demon's Souls last week:

Head Office

10/11/2020 at 19:12

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

12/11/2020 at 0:07

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Electricity

12/11/2020 at 8:43

Delivered Consignee

Electricity

12/11/2020 at 11:22

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I just got a text from Smyths cancelling my order due to high demand :(
    Ignore bastard of a friend scared the **** out of me thank God

• Advertisement

:eek:
    Sorry to hear that! That's horrible.
    Were you c&c or delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Cancelling a Click and Collect? When did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    4mmc9n.jpg

Reading all these posts wondering about delivery, I think it's safe to say, it was definitely no mess up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    :eek:
    Sorry to hear that! That's horrible.
    Were you c&c or delivery?

No it was a dick of a friend of mine trying to give me a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now former friend?

• Advertisement

Your friend is both evil and a comic genius. Cherish that friendship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

So in regards to gamestop and sending out the ps5 console when will the latest realistically have to be for them to send it out for us to get it tomorrow the disc version or has the time passed today to get it by tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kaddypenny

Hello community,

Is there any chance of PS5s being sold tomorrow outside of the pre-order kits?

Smyths have said no chance.

Maybe Curry's, Harvey Normans?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

kaddypenny wrote: »
    Hello community,

Is there any chance of PS5s being sold tomorrow outside of the pre-order kits?

Smyths have said no chance.

Maybe Curry's, Harvey Normans?

Some chat of Amazon uk having some. Could try Argos from 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

So has anyone that pre ordered the disc version with GS got there dispatch email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Some chat of Amazon uk having some. Could try Argos from 8am

Amazon UK - 12pm

Argos at 8am - not a hope at that time anyway if they even do get any, they will not be getting them. More like try at 3-4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So has anyone that pre ordered the disc version with GS got there dispatch email?

Nope, was charged last Friday no dispatch yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

RGARDINR wrote: »
    So in regards to gamestop and sending out the ps5 console when will the latest realistically have to be for them to send it out for us to get it tomorrow the disc version or has the time passed today to get it by tomorrow?

I imagine they have all been shipped and it's the emails that are staggered. I can't imagine An Post, UPS etc making multiple trips to their warehouse to collect stock and they just collected one big consignment of all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Still not a peep from Currys about anything, in work all day and won't have a chance to make a call. Girlfriend rang the store to try confirm if still good to collect tomorrow and phone rang out

Hayezer wrote: »
    Still not a peep from Currys about anything, in work all day and won't have a chance to make a call. Girlfriend rang the store to try confirm if still good to collect tomorrow and phone rang out
    Currys have the worst customer service i've experienced in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Still nothing here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got dispatch notification from Amazon, arriving in Dub tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

maximoose wrote: »
    Just got dispatch notification from Amazon, arriving in Dub tomorrow :)

Ditto, I got shipped email just now from Amazon.

I left mine through PMotel as it was saying Express Premium Delivery vs Standard Delivery to Cork Direct.

Either way it should arrive Friday or Saturday which will do me just fine seeing as though I've no games yet, how long b4 Spidey is 2nd hand available, as it is 8 hours long after all. 85e for ultimate in argos 🤢🤢🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Nope & I paid the balance in full last Friday . Off Thursday so here’s hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Nothing either have 0 faith I'll have ps5 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I’ve an order with Smyths. Being delivered by UPS, and only the label has been printed no other updates. Arrrgh I’ve a funny feeling I won’t be getting this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Haven’t got an email but Amazon updated on the order in the last hour with tracking reference for UPS (coming to ireland address) God speed PS5...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TommyBatatheon

I've got a few days booked off after today so Smyths/DPD better not let me down tomorrow. Hopefully we have some movement on the tracking today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Reading all these posts wondering about delivery, I think it's safe to say, it was definitely no mess up. :pac:

Absolutely changed my mind on that one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I've got a few days booked off after today so Smyths/DPD better not let me down tomorrow. Hopefully we have some movement on the tracking today.

Booked off a few days as well, decided to take from the Friday off though to allow for a delay of a day etc. Working from home so I'd rather have work to distract me tomorrow from peeking through the curtains all day at anything that sounds even remotely like a vehicle pulling up!

If it by some chance comes through early though, I'll for sure be setting up camp on the sofa with the work laptop beside me, changing my Teams status every now and then to give the illusion that I'm working :pac:

Advertisement