Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

goon_magee wrote: »
    If it by some chance comes through early though, I'll for sure be setting up camp on the sofa with the work laptop beside me, changing my Teams status every now and then to give the illusion that I'm working :pac:

Pssstttt, wanna buy some advice on Teams

f_6611.jpg

Go to Calendar
    Meet Now
    Give Meeting a name
    Share a blank screen - Turn off Camera - Turn off Mic
    Leave room

Suddenly you're in a meeting presenting :D

You're Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I see from a post over on Twitter, that JohnLewis will have stock of the PS5 for sale from tomorrow morning. They've set some rules and tips for getting it too.
    An update on your request
    You recently signed up to be notified about the upcoming launch of the Sony PlayStation 5, and we’re excited to let you know that it will be available to buy on the morning of Thursday 19 November.

Due to exceptionally high demand and limited availability, the PlayStation 5 is expected to sell out very quickly. To help you save time when shopping for your console, we’ve put together some handy tips below:

The PlayStation 5 console will be available to purchase online only.

Due to the demand for the PlayStation 5, we’ve set the order limit to 1 PlayStation 5 console per customer – this is to try and make things fairer for everyone.

To help you place your order more quickly, you may wish to create an account with us in advance.

PlayStation 5 consoles will not be available for purchase at any of our John Lewis & Partners stores or from our contact centres.

Unfortunately, we are not currently able to say when we expect further stock to be available.

Contact centre Partners will not be able to place an order for you and will also be unable to give dates or times for future stock availability on this product.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Berty wrote: »
    Pssstttt, wanna buy some advice on Teams

f_6611.jpg

Go to Calendar
    Meet Now
    Give Meeting a name
    Share a blank screen - Turn off Camera - Turn off Mic
    Leave room

Suddenly you're in a meeting presenting :D

You're Welcome

I like it - duly noted. The team I work on only just made the jump to Teams recently, so I'm still figuring out the art of skiving off virtually - thank you for being an enabler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Smyths just emailed to say they will have no extra stock tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

L-M wrote: »
    Smyths just emailed to say they will have no extra stock tomorrow

Yep, on the back of this I have doubled my asking price(s) :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I would of thought the DPD from Smyths Delivery would of updated by now but it’s still stuck on order data received

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Behanjin wrote: »
    I imagine they have all been shipped and it's the emails that are staggered. I can't imagine An Post, UPS etc making multiple trips to their warehouse to collect stock and they just collected one big consignment of all of them
    be great if that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

THIS IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT!!!!!

IVKRx1T.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

My tracking on Amazon (UPS) has changed from 21st-24th to "Arriving Tuesday"

That's not what I wanted to hear.

UPS tracking now says "Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Klair88 wrote: »
    I would of thought the DPD from Smyths Delivery would of updated by now but it’s still stuck on order data received

Mine is still on order received as well, I hoped it would ship today, but it is possible it will only ship tomorrow and arrive on Friday! We shall see, money has been taken out of my account anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My tracking on Amazon (UPS) has changed from 21st-24th to "Arriving Tuesday"

That's not what I wanted to hear.

UPS tracking now says "Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet."

I wouldn't worry. My experience with Amazon is they predict the worst, but deliver earlier.

The shipping company should update you with tracking that is more accurate later

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Inquitus wrote: »
    Mine is still on order received as well, I hoped it would ship today, but it is possible it will only ship tomorrow and arrive on Friday! We shall see, money has been taken out of my account anyways!

Their email said it would be given over to the courier the day before but I just thought we’d see some movement by now. It’s likely it’ll update later around 6-7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Currys have the worst customer service i've experienced in years

I emailed them last week about price matching a TV on their English website. A week later they respond to say no. I'd already bought off Amazon by that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

GameStop Wexford rang me today to take payment for the PS5. Have a collection time on Saturday to pick it up. Grand for me as it’s not for me, I got it for my brother .

Have to pick my own hopefully Up from Smyths in Waterford .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Mine still hasn't dispatched from Amazon!!! Getting jealous seeing everyone else get the dispatch email!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm pretty sure Sony said there will be a steady supply of stock following launch but I reckon a restock will be just as difficult to get, if some Argos aren't getting any at all then it's likely the ones that did have something miserable like 3 units or so?

Are Smyth's emailing people from a mailing list? I don't see anything on their website or social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Not sure if others agree, but it might be worth splitting this thread into two.

"PS5 Preorders"
    "PS5 Stock Updates"

Just for the day that's in it tomorrow with multiple UK sites possibly dropping stock, and at a moments notice, there are too many posts in here to follow. I get an email every other minute.

Just food for thought mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Mine just despatched from Amazon. They say delivery on Tuesday, but I reckon tomorrow or Friday. If I had a tail, it'd be wagging !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Noticed that Amazon had put a hold on the money so reached for my phone and spot there's a notification....

533273.PNG

Amazon you tease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

brainiac wrote: »
    Not sure if others agree, but it might be worth splitting this thread into two.

"PS5 Preorders"
    "PS5 Stock Updates"

Just for the day that's in it tomorrow with multiple UK sites possibly dropping stock, and at a moments notice, there are too many posts in here to follow. I get an email every other minute.

Just food for thought mods.

Just made one there

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Are Smyth's emailing people from a mailing list? I don't see anything on their website or social media.

Yep, i had to register my interest for the PS5 and they've been bombarding me with all sorts of promotions/news etc. Hopefully i can get off that list after tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Slosh wrote: »
    Mine just despatched from Amazon. They say delivery on Tuesday, but I reckon tomorrow or Friday. If I had a tail, it'd be wagging !

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Has anyone received a C&C email with allocation from Smyths yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Should we expect the Smyth's collection email tonight at ~9pm? Really hope I get it tonight and not tomorrow at like 3pm when I've taken a day off work for it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Are you in Dublin our outside? Does it say who they are shipping with?

thorbarry wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin our outside? Does it say who they are shipping with?

I'm in Waterford, and they're shipping via UPS.

I'm in Waterford, and they're shipping via UPS.

My amazon has changed. I am showing dispatched but "
    Delivery appointment scheduled"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Can finally rest easy , currys uk delivering my ps5 to parcel wizard tomorrow

• Advertisement

My amazon has changed. I am showing dispatched but "
    Delivery appointment scheduled"

Mine only changed status 30 minutes ago. I suspect they're sending in batches, based on order date. Don't give up hope!

Advertisement