Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Has anyone received a C&C email with provided times from Smyths yet?
    Kremin wrote: »
    Should we expect the Smyth's collection email tonight at ~9pm? Really hope I get it tonight and not tomorrow at like 3pm when I've taken a day off work for it haha

Smyths will process payment around 9pm tonight for click and collect orders.

You'll automatically be sent an email then with your barcode.

I don't think they'll stagger collection times and would expect that everyone will be allowed to turn up from 8am onwards to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

thorbarry wrote: »
    Mine still hasn't dispatched from Amazon!!! Getting jealous seeing everyone else get the dispatch email!

I didnt get dispatch notification from them but just checked my orders on their site and its showing as dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Has anyone received a C&C email with provided times from Smyths yet?

There's no provided times. Rock up whenever you want from 8am tomorrow until close of business 3rd December (depending on government restrictions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

BrentMused wrote: »
    Smyths will process payment around 9pm tonight for click and collect orders.

You'll automatically be sent an email then with your barcode.

I don't think they'll stagger collection times and would expect that everyone will be allowed to turn up from 8am onwards to collect.

Do they open at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do they open at 8?

In their most recent email to people yes, they are open at 8am tomorrow for this reason.
    With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order.

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Can we make 'Smyths wont collect money or email for C&C until 9ish tonight' a sticky?
    So many repeats on both threads today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm still stuck on:
    Order data received from sender

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:04

Anyone know when Smyths are sending them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'm still stuck on:

I assume they'll be collected later today/tonight for delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I'm still stuck on:

Same for me. Judging by the email it will be today at some point... then we gotta hope DPD can get it delivered tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm still stuck on:

I mentioned it earlier, there will probably be update tonight in the tracking saying moving through DPD network
    Here was the tracking for the pulse headset from Smyths via DPD
    Order data received from sender

Head Office

10/11/2020 at 19:07

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

10/11/2020 at 20:47

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Dpd Limerick & North Tipperary

11/11/2020 at 6:47

Delivered

Dpd Limerick & North Tipperary

11/11/2020 at 10:06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Can we make 'Smyths wont collect money or email for C&C until 9ish tonight' a sticky?
    So many repeats on both threads today

To be fair everything's repeated. I know everyone's excited/worried but probably be easier to see status updates if not for the constant "nothing yet" posts On both threads.

Here is an idea for a Sticky for those going to Gamestop and Smyths tomorrow:

Bring your DAMN ID!!!
    Bring your DAMN E-mail!

I swear, If I get stuck behind somebody arguing and moaning about having to go home and get it then a swift punch to the throat is in store for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

No dispatch email at all from Game Stop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Slosh wrote: »
    I'm in Waterford, and they're shipping via UPS.

Exact same here

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

No dispatch email here.

Mostly since I havent been able to reserve it anywhere, but look. one can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Harambe wrote: »
    No dispatch email at all from Game Stop today.

Nothing received by me yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Bugg wrote: »
    My order from amazon being delivered to parcel motel says there's a one time password I must give to the delivery driver, anyone know how this works with parcel motel?

Same as this - rang parcel motel and the girl there didn't have a notion what would happen.
    Will they deliver this to parcel motel as they wont have the OTP? Will they ring me first? Never had this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I didnt get dispatch notification from them but just checked my orders on their site and its showing as dispatched.

Been refreshing the site every few minutes... I need something to distract me!!

daddy pig wrote: »
    Same as this - rang parcel motel and the girl there didn't have a notion what would happen.
    Will they deliver this to parcel motel as they wont have the OTP? Will they ring me first? Never had this before.

The couriers delivering to PM and PW deliver there every single day. They know where they are going and will no damn well these guys won't have a password. They, at least Hermes and Yodel, get paid by the number of parcels they deliver so they won't be hanging about.

I doubt it will be an issue but would concern me as well. No way PW/PM are going to reject all those orders either.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

thorbarry wrote: »
    Mine still hasn't dispatched from Amazon!!! Getting jealous seeing everyone else get the dispatch email!

In the West and no email or change of status on Amazon's order page. Ordered on the 17th :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

For Amazon orders - they are not sending out dispatch emails for hours after the initial dispatch. Mine was actually dispatched at 1am and only got the email at 11am. Go to your account click track order that will tell you whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Still no update from DHL regrading the Game.co.uk order. I've seen a thread on Reddit talking about it, few mentioned that DHL just text to say they would have it Friday. So if it only gets to PM on Friday it will likely be Sat or Monday before it gets down to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Starting to get SLIGHTLY nervous about the Smyths/DPD situation now, but it will probably be fine. It'd be a shame if they messed up by handing them over too late after having tracking links etc ready so early

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rm212 wrote: »
    Starting to get SLIGHTLY nervous about the Smyths/DPD situation now, but it will probably be fine. It'd be a shame if they messed up by handing them over too late after having tracking links etc ready so early

It's very possible that they were spooked by the reports of early deliveries of their consoles and wanted to be extra safe by leaving til the last minute. Sony wouldn't look too kindly at the breaking of street dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

I wouldn't be too concerned with the tracking updates (or lack of). Lately with An Post it doesn't update till the morning of delivery. Ye'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

dan786 wrote: »
    For Amazon orders - they are not sending out dispatch emails for hours after the initial dispatch. Mine was actually dispatched at 1am and only got the email at 11am. Go to your account click track order that will tell you whats happening.

Yep been checking all day, still isnt showing as dispatched. Im hoping it actually has been dispatched with the rest and they just havent updated it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Relax, I've had many a Craft Central order go out at 6pm and arrive next day. They work overnight to get your beer PS5 to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Relax on the DPD situation lads, in all likelihood it'll be updated this evening, ready for delivery tomorrow. I think some of us seen the reports of a few being delivered early, and are now disappointed that wasn't happening for everyone! But Smyths have been very clear through the whole process, and reiterated today that they'd be delivered on time for launch.

Now if it goes past midnight tonight and still no change, maybe get a little worried then!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Relax jesus :lol:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

madmoe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones will work with the PS5?

Thanks,
    M

Same with my Sony WH-XB900N pair - looks like even Sony's BT headphones will not work with PS5. But it was the same with PS4 - they restrict it heavily not only to control sales, but also for quality - only custom for gaming headsets are allowed to prevent poor experiences with sound latency. Slight latency isn't always consciously noticeable, but hits that uncanny valley where it feels off.

Advertisement