Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

bennyl10 wrote: »
    but all the people here saying Argos wouldnt have any were lying and didn't know what they were saying...

:P:rolleyes:

It’s discrimination Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just looking at the 7 years old ps4 launch day thread. I was an over excited kid waiting for shipping news. I had a lot of growing up to do.

In other news, my Smyths ps5 is travelling through the DPD network wooohooo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Am feeling quite left out now! Still nothing from GameStop.
    At this point, I’ll just be happy to get a despatch notification, even if I don’t receive it till next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

For everyone getting their ps5 tomorrow enjoy! Hope everything goes smoothly for ye. I won’t get to open mine until Christmas as it is a gift from the OH

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sor10

For currys pre orders. I was told that we just need to show up tomorrow with receipt and id to buy our consoles. Best to be there early and not to be strolling in after work would be my recommendation........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Brian017 wrote: »
    For everyone getting their ps5 tomorrow enjoy! Hope everything goes smoothly for ye. I won’t get to open mine until Christmas as it is a gift from the OH

Mine is for my birthday next month. I've offered people the box to wrap, one the game box to wrap and another the base charger box. Said if it makes them feel better I'll put bricks in them but if they want me to wait then they can go do themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Smyths click and collect messages just dropped. The clicks have now finished, it is time for the collect.

Everyone who hasn't received a message yet is about to break out into cold sweat because of you :pac:

I'm sure people will get messages over the next 2-3 hours but I don't trust this thread not to overreact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Oat23 wrote: »
    Everyone who hasn't received a message yet is about to break out into cold sweat because of you :pac:

I'm sure people will get messages over the next 2-3 hours but I don't trust this thread not to overreact.

Right you are mate haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Harvey Norman confirmed they'll have some to order tomorrow at 9am online

• Advertisement

• They also won't have a website @9am LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Same here
    Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Nothing on my Smyth's click and collect order......

It won't happen until your shop is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Smyths click and collect messages just dropped. The clicks have now finished, it is time for the collect.

That from a ship that closed at 6 by chance?

Never screamed so Intently for money to be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Most Symths stores are open late so wont send click and collect text until they close because they know someone out there will try and go in this eve to get one if they did send it before closing.

So they will start going out once stores start closing, most after 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Still no sign of my Smyths order moving from Order received with DPD.

On the Web or app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 McPacher

Just got the confirmation that UPS will deliver tomorrow by end of day. However, GameStop messed up my game pre-order and sent the wrong game.

I'm just glad they chose UPS instead of An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

Finally got the email from GameStop. Got it at 6. When I clicked the tracking it was in the Dublin Parcel Hub at 10:54 this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,248 ✭✭✭✭CSF

McPacher wrote: »
    Just got the confirmation that UPS will deliver tomorrow by end of day. However, GameStop messed up my game pre-order and sent the wrong game.

I'm just glad they chose UPS instead of An Post.

Where did it say by end of day? On the GameStop email or the UPS tracking site?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bennyl10 wrote: »
    That from a ship that closed at 6 by chance?

That was my first thought as earlier I saw on their site that some, but very few , were 6pm. Mine is 9pm.

My sister in law now informs me my help tomorrow to get her a ps5 has dropped out so apparently between picking up my own ps5, working, attending her childs party, going to college in the evening I also need to buy another ps5. Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No click and collect confirmation email and no money gone off credit card......its squeaky bum time now.

I even bought 4 games and another controller already :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Where did it say by end of day? On the GameStop email or the UPS tracking site?

UPS tracking website

"Scheduled Delivery
    Thursday
    19/11/2020
    Estimated Time

by End of Day

View the delivery time window with UPS My Choice®. Continue "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

UPS tracking website

"Scheduled Delivery
    Thursday
    19/11/2020
    Estimated Time

by End of Day

View the delivery time window with UPS My Choice®. Continue "
    This is what mine says

Updated: 18/11/2020 14:53 EST

Tracking Status
    Shipment Ready for UPS
    Scheduled Delivery
    When the shipment arrives at our facility, the delivery date will be updated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep the Smyths store I ordered from closed at 6pm. Be patient and your money shall be taken in due course :)

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This is what mine says

Tracking Status
    Shipment Ready for UPS
    Scheduled Delivery

yeah, I had the same status, but on the November 17, so a day before. I pre-ordered in December 2019, so maybe thats why

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    No click and collect confirmation email and no money gone off credit card......its squeaky bum time now.

You get NBA 2K? We can go wreck the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I wouldn’t panic until later if there’s no movement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

yeah, I had the same status, but on the November 17, so a day before. I pre-ordered in December 2019, so maybe thats why

Maybe so. My pre order was January

• Registered Users Posts: 33,248 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This is what mine says

Tracking Status
    Shipment Ready for UPS
    Scheduled Delivery

Digital or disc? Still waiting for any form of communication. Would fully make my day to get an email like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peculiargroove

Still no sign of my Smyths order moving from Order received with DPD.

On the Web or app.

I'm getting mine from symths via DPD also. Just checked the tracking info and my parcel has started "travelling through the DPD network". It's the first update from DPD tracking in 4 days. So it's looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Relax. Last week I used Smyths to click & collect an Xbox. I got the text and email after 9pm. I fully expect the same for my PS5 pre-order.

Advertisement