Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Game are driving me bonkers. 2am said it shipped, then radio silence until just now I got an email. Open it up......a discount code for some next gen launch games. Disappointed but hey might get a new game for £30. Open the link what are the games?

Control for PS4.
    Avengers for PS4.
    Dirt 5 for PS5. (I Already have on Series X)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Got my update from Gamestop and hour ago. With UPS now. Hopefully get it tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For everyone saying Smyths took payment, are ye just checking yer account or get cc transaction texts? I can't see any option with BOI to get text alerts.

The money has come out of my account

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For everyone saying Smyths took payment, are ye just checking yer account or get cc transaction texts? I can't see any option with BOI to get text alerts.

Just checked the online banking and saw they took it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Game are driving me bonkers. 2am said it shipped, then radio silence until just now I got an email. Open it up......a discount code for some next gen launch games. Disappointed but hey might get a new game for £30. Open the link what are the games?

Control for PS4.
    Avengers for PS4.
    Dirt 5 for PS5. (I Already have on Series X)

why would you buy it for two consoles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

thorbarry wrote: »
    Whats the estimated delivery date? Still waiting here....

Still 21-24/11

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Damn Harvey Norman for letting the cat out of the bag!

Gonna be a nightmare in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Temporary hold on card vanished for 30 mins. Replaced by a whopping 499 charge.

For those interested. I was second wave for disc, smyths ennis road limerick which doesn't close for another 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

For anyone hoping to get one from Harvey Norman tomorrow, buy a lottery ticket also. Might be your lucky day.

3.3K comments and almost 1K shares in 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭bren2001

Card payment failed for Symths C&C. Inputted new details and now I'm staring at my email waiting on confirmation.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Similar to Smyths in their 2nd wave a few weeks ago.

Just keep refreshing. Never back up once you have it in your basket even if it keeps crashing was how I got one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

bren2001 wrote: »
    Card payment failed for Symths C&C. Inputted new details and now I'm staring at my email waiting on confirmation.....

I haven't got confirmation email yet so don't worry (yet) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

bren2001 wrote: »

Yeah I forgot to change from my old card details. Doh!

I think it's fine as long as it's done before they send out the collection mails once the stores close.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah say it will be a nightmare

God help the parents who will be trying tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ste551 wrote: »
    why would you buy it for two consoles

That's the point. The "Next Gen games" they offered are 2 previous gen and one I already own.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

pre order available for smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭bren2001

Cina wrote: »
    Yeah I forgot to change from my old card details. Doh!

I think it's fine as long as it's done before they send out the collection mails once the stores close.

I did change my card details but it still charged my Revolut. I must have made a mistake. Ah, it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Card now charged. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Can mods ban this troll please, did the same in the stock thread for argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

While they are still open? Try harder next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone AIB and paying by credit card, go into your account. The charge may not be showing on the front page of your app but it's pending when you go into it.

No email yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

I give up, nearly 9pm and still nothing from GameStop, yet they took my money last Friday. Beyond pissed right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

dan786 wrote: »
    For anyone that collected games from Smyths recently do you need the card you pay with , I dont see why they would need it if already charged but its on their site. I dont have the card I paid with as was Revolut disposable one use card.

"On arrival at the Click & Collect Counter at your selected store you will need: 1) your unique Order Number or your barcode, 2) the credit or debit card used to order the item and 3) Photo identification"

I collected a game last week. Not asked for ID or the card. Just the barcode from the email.

I'd imagine it might be the full monty for the actual console.

silvara wrote: »
    I give up, nearly 9pm and still nothing from GameStop, yet they took my money last Friday. Beyond pissed right now...

Dont worry, still time, looks like they were all sent this morning to couriers, they just haven't sent everyone tracking numbers yet.

Once you get the tracking, check it, it will say it was shipped early this morning/around lunch.

.G. wrote: »
    I collected a game last week. Not asked for ID or the card. Just the barcode from the email.

I'd imagine it might be the full monty for the actual console.

I honestly cant see them asking for bank cards, I just dont get the point of even having it mentioned on site when they have already taken funds from it. Lots of people dont order with their own card or use virtual cards. I am expecting just ID and email.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

For those of you who have received confirmation from Gamestop, was your order a partial order with games delivered earlier? My order shows as partially shipped and the games came from an Post, so wondering would that be causing a delay for me

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

dan786 wrote: »
    Dont worry, still time, looks like they were all sent this morning to couriers, they just haven't sent everyone tracking numbers yet.

Once you get the tracking, check it, it will say it was shipped early this morning/around lunch.

Thanks, yeah am really hoping that’s the case. Just don’t want to get my hopes up now.

Just wish that they were better at communicating any issues, if they were actually transparent I’d be totally understanding and happy to wait.

Ahh well, lesson learned. It’s the last time I’ll be ordering anything major from them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Link to the Harvey Norman announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus Smyths, literally take my ****ing money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Guys will WRC 9 be available tomorrow to buy ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement