Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I think alot got them for digital version no? Thought most who were waiting was disc version?

There were 1-2 people who got disc also. I have a feeling they are all shipped just tracking not sent to everyone. Those who got them said their tracking said it was dispatched early in the morning and they only got shipping mails in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just got a text and email for Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Still waiting on text/email for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

No email or text yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

dan786 wrote: »
    There were 1-2 people who got disc also. I have a feeling they are all shipped just tracking not sent to everyone. Those who got them said their tracking said it was dispatched early in the morning and they only got shipping mails in the evening.

Yesh hopefully that's the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Got the email and text for swords at about 9.20pm. No money taken yet, but BOI cc is never real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Cant believe people are willing to actually pay 900 for them

https://www.adverts.ie/22193702

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Confirmation email, money taken. It says they will need identification such as driving license or passport.. I have neither 🀠I have a Garda age card do you think that will be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Got an email from Game earlier today saying that Yodel are not expecting to deliver all packages on time, so would imagine it would be early next week when it gets here from PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

leex wrote: »
    Still waiting on text/email for Galway.

Just got text and email now.

They are possibly submitting requests to bank in a batch that is taking a while for each payment confirmation which would explain why there is such a gap between people receiving notifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

extrafluff wrote: »
    Give it a while. It'll update. As someone else mentioned it's happening exactly as Smyths said it would. DPD are obviously handling quite a lot so will get to it.
    Berty wrote: »
    The only thing confusing about that collection email is that the opening hours say 9 but their update is 8am

Likely unable to create a private email just for PS5 people so I'll assume 8am. I'll be there anyway around 8:30

Just reread their PS5 specific email from last week and definitely says 8am on launch day. As you say, the collection one tonight is a generic ‘collection is ready’ email, got it before myself lots of times, so they probably weren’t going to change it for one product.

Either I get it at 8 or freeze parts of myself off for an hour. Meh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Did I see somewhere that Smyths was opening at 8am? DId I dream this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

No email or text still nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Anyone with a smyths + ups preorder have any movement on their order? Mine is still saying ups have not got the package yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    No money taken, no email/text. I ordered nba 2k a few hours ago and got the email/text for that. Getting a sick feeling....

Don't worry man I'm sure it'll come through. I got accessories confirmed after 10pm last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

So for those of us who are with DPD from Smyths. When do we expect the next update? The morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I've had pre-order confirmations from Smyths for C&C as late as 11:30pm before so it's nothing to worry about, though some of us may be waiting a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, happen anyone else?

Got a bank app notification:

"Transaction received, touch to retrieve and apply a status."

I clicked it straight away and app gave message

"SCA notification has timed out and cannot be used". I can see a swipe to approve behind it but it disappears when i click off the message. Uh oh.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    "SCA notification has timed out and cannot be used". I can see a swipe to approve behind it but it disappears when i click off the message. Uh oh.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I clicked it straight away and app gave message

Zero-Cool wrote:
    "Transaction received, touch to retrieve and apply a status."

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Got a bank app notification:

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Okay, happen anyone else?

Very strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Click & collect finally just arrived SBtime as alex ferg would say

• Advertisement

Very strange..

Got 3 of them now, really weird. Anyone on bank of Ireland had issues with smyths taking money?

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Got 3 of them now, really weird. Anyone on bank of Ireland had issues with smyths taking money?

I'd try calling the bank man..see if they can manually approve for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone with a smyths + ups preorder have any movement on their order? Mine is still saying ups have not got the package yet :/

I'm in same boat. Not gonna start worrying till morning at least, hopefully be an update by then

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It is interesting reading the tweets and helpful replies from Harvey Norman Reps. Same stupid questions though "Is it online only?" and somebody asking Bandon(or something) and being told the store may have stock but you've to order online and judging by her reply that woman is likely going to turn up at the store trying to buy one anyway.

The most interesting bit is polite questions and polite answers FOR NOW. Tomorrow they will be nasty as anything. Like facebook competitions, all nice people "oh like and share, luv dis 4 me fella, he's has a hard yeer" and when they don't win "bet it went to the owners cousin, nathin but snakes hun"

Remember when Smyths website went doolally on the second wave(I got lucky) and I just kept refreshing Twitter. It was like Ticketmaster took over the sale of the PS5s the reaction people had. :D

I've to play the server wars tomorrow again to order a family member one.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Mines the same I’m Dublin based also if that helps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Call your bank, sounds like Smyths are trying to take the money and it's not being approved.

F1ngers wrote:
    Call your bank, sounds like Smyths are trying to take the money and it's not being approved.

2nd this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Nothing from gamestop or smyths where the f is my ps5 email just say I got it plssssssssssss

Bank said they can see the charge from smyths for 499, it was approved and money taken off the card but it mightn't show up on my online account yet.

So, just waiting from an email from smyths but the whole thing is looking dodgy :(

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Bank said they can see the charge from smyths for 499, it was approved and money taken off the card but it mightn't show up on my online account yet.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    So, just waiting from an email from smyths but the whole thing is looking dodgy

Ah don't worry say you're good if money taken

Advertisement