Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭madbeanman

Birthday present from himself and it’s arriving tomorrow.
    DPD delivery via Smyths. Trying to figure out how it fits into the entertainment centre lol

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I'm in same boat. Not gonna start worrying till morning at least, hopefully be an update by then

Mine just updated to in transit hopefully I get it tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So, just waiting from an email from smyths but the whole thing is looking dodgy :(

There was a 2hr gap between money being taken and email being sent for me.
    Might just take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah don't worry say you're good if money taken

Thanks man, it's grand, I'll just stay awake until i get the email...

I just finished Cobra Kai on Netflix and starting a 2nd watch so that's 10 hours that will bring me up to release..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Demons souls to wake you back up. Let us know if you get sorted anyways..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

Money taken around 20:16 but still no email or text.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Bank said they can see the charge from smyths for 499, it was approved and money taken off the card but it mightn't show up on my online account yet.

So, just waiting from an email from smyths but the whole thing is looking dodgy :(

Hey zero , I use BOI too for DD and other things and I have noticed this lately with the newish app the swipe to verify thing but pop into it and goes away , the money always gets taken anyway think it's a bug sorry a feature :P

Paid the ps5 with revolut so not in same boat

Say you will be grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey zero , I use BOI too for DD and other things and I have noticed this lately with the newish app the swipe to verify thing but pop into it and goes away , the money always gets taken anyway think it's a bug sorry a feature :P

Paid the ps5 with revolut so not in same boat

Say you will be grand !

Awesome, thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

499 pending off my in mastercard but no email or text yet. So there is a few of us in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah mine is gone through from BOI since about an hour and a half no text or email still though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

No dispatch update at all from Amazon doubt I'll get it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thanks man, it's grand, I'll just stay awake until i get the email...

I just finished Cobra Kai on Netflix and starting a 2nd watch so that's 10 hours that will bring me up to release..

I think they'd mail if you if there was a problem tbh so you're probably good. They're generally on the ball for failed payments as it's automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Got my texts, 2 Smyths preorders ready for collection tomorrow. Strange the text said they'll hold for 2 days but the last text said said they'll hold until 2nd December due to covid? Don't care, here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishps5fan!

occne wrote: »
    Got my texts, 2 Smyths preorders ready for collection tomorrow. Strange the text said they'll hold for 2 days but the last text said said they'll hold until 2nd December due to covid? Don't care, here we go!

Can i have one? Please! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Does anyone know if more PS5's will be released/available for order at midnight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Nothing from gamestop or smyths where the f is my ps5 email just say I got it plssssssssssss

Got an email from gamestop a few weeks ago saying it would not be fulfilled till 21

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Does anyone know if more PS5's will be released/available for order at midnight tonight?

What I'm waiting for. My son has ASD and is begging for 1 for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Thanks, my son says all the retailers are due to release stock at midnight. Not sure if it is true or not

Thanks, my son says all the retailers are due to release stock at midnight. Not sure if it is true or not

I'm hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Its not, there's a whole other thread on this (PS5 Stock Updates). Read the first few posts there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It's not true, check the stock updates thread for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Been great craic here the past few days, got feck all done at work today with refreshing my DPD link all day. Never doubted Smyths for on time delivery.

Looking forward to tomorrow now. The young fella keeps looking at the box for Miles Morales and asking if the postman is gonna be bringing us the new playstation to play it. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

My Son would really like a ps5 for Christmas after a recent fall he can no longer play the piano.

To be fair though he couldn't play one before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hope he gets sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

occne wrote: »

The collection messages tonight are generic, I’ve gotten the emails numerous times for different pre-orders, they’ve always said they’ll hold the item for two days.

I’m sticking with details we got last week ie stores opening at 8am and they’ll hold anything until Dec 2nd..... though really I’ll be cowering outside Smyths at 7:59 in the dark tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

Still haven’t received email or text for collection getting worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What's the chances of getting one on amazon at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyones guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Pangea wrote: »
    What's the chances of getting one on amazon at midnight?

Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

For those waiting on Smyths emails and texts, it wouldn't surprise me if they are staggering the collects in certain branches. Collect messages can go out anytime up to 3pm usually in a business day for same day collect, and given Smyths won't entertain anyone without a collection mail right now, they are probably trying to avoid a crush in the morning.
    Most console launch mornings can be overwhelming, with most enthusiastic preorder customers availing of the hours not long after opening......nothing to stop them sending out messages for the afternoon period.
    If someone was expecting a text for tomorrow, and its not there first thing in the morning, I'd advise them not to travel down to their branch.

Advertisement