Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    If I was to order a DualSense for click and collect today, it'd hardly be processed and ready by lunchtime, would it?

Smyths? Should be ready instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Seriously regretting not going for collection now haha. Enjoy you lucky feckers!

Same haha even more so since waking up and still seeing my order sat on "travelling through the network"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Kremin wrote: »
    Hopefully the queues move fast because it's all paid for and everyone there at 8 is for the console .

Big queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Madman08 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with Gamestop. I pre-ordered in June in store. Paid off the balance last Thursday as soon as I got their mail. Money was only taken Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and no sign of a dispatch mail yet.

I was told I was in the 50's for people who ordered, so very likely is get a console on release.

If I get it tomorrow I'll be happy enough, but I will be feckin' raging if it's later than that...

Genuinely nervous now that they don’t even have enough consoles for the people they confirmed for launch release.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My Pulse headset from Smyths via DPD last week had no update until 8:46am on the morning of delivery after the “travelling through the DPD network scan” the evening before so I’m not worried yet.

If we get past 9am with no update it’ll be a different story :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Markitron wrote: »
    Smyths? Should be ready instantly

Sorry, yeah, Smyths. Hmmm now to decide if I really need a spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I managed to get an online order in with gamestop when first released on 16th Sept, confirmed for launch and paid for. No shipping confirmation yet though, hoping to see something early today.

I hope it's a case that it's already with the courier, and they just haven't updated the accounts yet. I noticed most people receiving tracking numbers with them yesterday advised that it was already scanned by the courier earlier that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Anyone have any experiences of angry people without preorders being turned away from stores yet or all smooth sailing?

I read about a lot of aggressive idiots across the pond last week shouting at employees in US stores after queuing without knowing you needed a preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Mine from symths is out for delivery between 8 and 9 for those waiting on smyths

Should add with dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Just had package security scanned in County Down. Only a few miles from my gaff by the sounds of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

At Smyths now, about 20 in the queue. They take one at a time. Moves quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Think the anpost tracking site has crashed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

blaa85 wrote: »
    I managed to get an online order in with gamestop when first released on 16th Sept, confirmed for launch and paid for. No shipping confirmation yet though, hoping to see something early today.

I hope it's a case that it's already with the courier, and they just haven't updated the accounts yet. I noticed most people receiving tracking numbers with them yesterday advised that it was already scanned by the courier earlier that day.

I hope you're right m8. Same here. It's funny how something like this compounds dissapoitment in a company. Fingers crossed..

It isn't helping seeing all those in Qs waiting on theirs!!

Enjoy lads... hopefully we'll join you soon with new units.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Still travelling through the network for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Very painless experience in Smyths. Got there at 7.50 about 30 in queue , opened at 8. Sorted by 8.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

rm212 wrote: »
    My Pulse headset from Smyths via DPD last week had no update until 8:46am on the morning of delivery after the “travelling through the DPD network scan” the evening before so I’m not worried yet.

If we get past 9am with no update it’ll be a different story :D

I don't know if it's the same all over the country or depends on your local depot/driver, but the update I get on delivery day with my 1hr window always comes in between 8am and 10am looking at my text history. So don't panic if you have nothing at 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got the 1 hr window text from dpd, will be delivered between 10 and 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Klair88 wrote: »
    Still travelling through the network for me...
    Same here. Should we be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Think the anpost tracking site has crashed:)

Back up now

Tracking still says in Dublin since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

OK mine just delivered from smyths by DPD :cool:

Couple of things to put people at ease. It has come in a brown box. NO description on it saying PS5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭McFly85

No updates yet-DPD usually deliver to me between 9-10.30, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not the case today as I’d imagine it’s slightly busier than usual!

Just hope I’m not sitting here at 5pm with no updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Mine still says travelling through the network. Based in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

rafi bomb wrote: »
    OK mine just delivered from smyths by DPD :cool:

Couple of things to put people at ease. It has come in a brown box. NO description on it saying PS5

95250572-6-EB0-43-F4-8175-0-A829357-EE7-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Mine in on the van DPD out for delivery now just wait on email to tell me what time.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Mine still says travelling through the network. Based in South Dublin.

Same as me, im in Gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

84f086352a97d239d90d7ea64ea23a63.png

13612092.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Update from DPD:

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Dpd Tipperary South

19/11/2020 at 7:50

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

Anyone get there's from smyths + ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Oh the nerves. Got a predict 1 hour window but forgot I was having another thing delivered today too! Always worried something will go wrong with these things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

It’s home

Advertisement