Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Anyonr hear anything from GS today about shipping disc version?

Nada - Disc version Order confirmed, funds there - No contact from GS in any way - Shocking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Launch Day and no word from DHL. My Game.co.uk order is "somewhere" they shipped it but since Game doesn't provide you a tracking number and DHL haven't sent it I can't track it.

Best thing I can hope for is Parcel Motel get it at some point today and email me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

sticker wrote: »
    Nada - Disc version Order confirmed, funds there - No contact from GS in any way - Shocking :(

Still nothing regarding my order either, checked the bank and they've not refunded my money or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭McFly85

Klair88 wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter. 194k in a queue for the curry’s website in the UK. Crazy demand.

Has to be bots. I know people were annoyed with Sony for leaving pre orders to go live with each retailer, but at least that probably meant more consoles got into the hands of fans rather than scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No update from DPD (Dublin 6) still travelling through network.

No comms from GameStop for the brother either, still "confirmed" on the site.

• Advertisement

silvara wrote: »
    Still nothing regarding my order either, checked the bank and they've not refunded my money or anything

They never took my money - but I'm PayPal Express, so the funds only come out when the label is applied to the box - or so I am told.

As said here already - the worst thing is the radio silence - If they were communincating via Social Media, we would know where we stand, but there are many staff working on this around the clock in GS and thye've clearly been told so keep quiet even on general statements on confirmed orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Nothing for me from gamestop either. paid in full, but just no acknowledgement of the order moving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyonr hear anything from GS today about shipping disc version?

Not yet for me. I'm keeping an eye out for anyone who's says they receive a shipping notification today from GS, as I'd like to know that they are still shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Did you have to pay outstanding balance online with the vouchers they sent or is yours a store that open?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RedXIV wrote: »
    Nothing for me from gamestop either. paid in full, but just no acknowledgement of the order moving

It’s got to be a lack of consoles available at this stage, hasn’t it? I genuinely believe they’ve completely f*cked it. And they knew they had from early on hence zero communication of any kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Got dispatch notification from Amazon, saying it will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone had any luck buying one this morning without a pre-irder?

CSF wrote: »
    It’s got to be a lack of consoles available at this stage, hasn’t it? I genuinely believe they’ve completely f*cked it. And they knew they had from early on hence zero communication of any kind.

This is my fear - I'm not feeling positive about this at all. If I was told it was coming next week I'd be delighted. But I feel they messed this up and confirmed orders to valued customer base with no concrete Sony deliveries confirmed. If so, this is seriosuly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Got offered 800 for my ps5 by a lady as I was waiting for a taxi haha not a chance I told her!

You probably had it raised over you head in triumph:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

They never took my money - but I'm PayPal Express, so the funds only come out when the label is applied to the box - or so I am told.

As said here already - the worst thing is the radio silence - If they were communincating via Social Media, we would know where we stand, but there are many staff working on this around the clock in GS and thye've clearly been told so keep quiet even on general statements on confirmed orders.

I'm PayPal express also, but my payment came out last Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Amazon just delivered. Packaged in huge box, would defo have been oversize for PM

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Did you have to pay outstanding balance online with the vouchers they sent or is yours a store that open?

Mine was a day 1 online order for delivery, so paid via debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Just got my text from DPD should be with me in about an hours time, very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

If anyone received dpd delivery can you post up if it's in a blank cardboard box or branded. Santa present so need to sneak it in. Delivery 3pm to 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

dan786 wrote: »
    Amazon just delivered. Packaged in huge box, would defo have been oversize for PM

Mine to be delivered tomorrow but at least thats weekend sorted :D

• Advertisement

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'm PayPal express also, but my payment came out last Friday night.

Thats another black mark for me then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CSF wrote: »

I honestly don't think so. I think the system is just slammed. Realistically, it's not hard to assume gamestop would get the lion's share of console allocation as the only primary gaming retailer in the country and I think the pandemic has made cooperation more difficult, there is probably extra precautions handing over to couriers, more difficult time getting staff aligned, who are probably already fatigued over the xbox launch.

Logically I can see reasons for the problems gamestop have.

Emotionally I hate their guts for leaving me in the dark :D

Mine was a day 1 online order for delivery, so paid via debit card

Strange o got the one I preordered online on December, but not the one I preordered on store in June. But got confrontation for both i was in launch quota

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

dan786 wrote: »

Very jealous, mine still hasnt dispatched!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

DinoSteve wrote: »
    Just got an update, its in transit was in Virginia at 8

Still no update for me but good to hear they're starting to come through. There's still hope....

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

No update from DPD (Dublin 6) still travelling through network.

No comms from GameStop for the brother either, still "confirmed" on the site.
    Same here, tomorrow hopefully!

I honestly don't think so. I think the system is just slammed. Realistically, it's not hard to assume gamestop would get the lion's share of console allocation as the only primary gaming retailer in the country and I think the pandemic has made cooperation more difficult, there is probably extra precautions handing over to couriers, more difficult time getting staff aligned, who are probably already fatigued over the xbox launch.

This 100%

This is my fear - I'm not feeling positive about this at all. If I was told it was coming next week I'd be delighted. But I feel they messed this up and confirmed orders to valued customer base with no concrete Sony deliveries confirmed. If so, this is seriosuly bad.

I doubt its its lack of consoles, when they knew exactly how many they were getting they sent out the emails telling everyone who got one and who didnt. I'd say the whole system is jammers with getting them out and delivered. They prob know some will be late and didn't send out emails as the tracking prob wouldn't update for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My feeling is that if there wasn’t something wrong, they’d be less likely to be hiding on social media/any form of communication

In any case, if we take here as a smaller demographic of the metric, Smyths seems just as populated with orders as GameStop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Whew it's out for delivery the relief

Advertisement