Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi player FPS games are dead and cheaters killed it.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah right lads here is some proper stats
    https://codstats.net/warzone/cheaters_tracker/matches_list

Out of top 25 only 2 console players. Showing up and the first at 19th on the list
    Nice little graph for you by platform here
    https://codstats.net/warzone/cheaters_tracker/infographics

Yeah thats 90% win for the PC master race in the cheating stakes.
    And that's why I won't be cross platform playing with PC players

Interesting site and stats.

They are the blatant cheaters though. Most of them are auto aim godly head shotters. The ones that will get banned. Cheating is cheating regardless to me even if it's something as innocuous as no recoil scripting that increases your damage and kill rate as opposed to all out wall/aim master bots.

The above guys are obviously using all out hacks as opposed to simple scripting. They are both huge problems but the obvious ones are far easier to spot and detect.

Someone using no recoil scripts and improved auto aim may simply double their usual kill rate into something that still appears somewhat normal for a high skilled player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its damn near impossible to appeal a block. I've only seen one person posting about it here, acheive it. A status would be easier to get reviewed. Little point in arguing though, as the people providing these services are more inclined towards cutting people out and its become normalised.

Back in the COD4 days you'd get a squad of cheaters all in the same game. If you queried the hack they all report you and you'd be kicked and banned from the server.

These days the online games are the big cash cows. Lose the player base and the company is dead. So they are more willing to cut off an arm if it saves the body. They don't really worry about collateral damage.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

BloodBath wrote: »
    Interesting site and stats.

They are the blatant cheaters though. Most of them are auto aim godly head shotters. The ones that will get banned. Cheating is cheating regardless to me even if it's something as innocuous as no recoil scripting that increases your damage and kill rate as opposed to all out wall/aim master bots.

The above guys are obviously using all out hacks as opposed to simple scripting. They are both huge problems but the obvious ones are far easier to spot and detect.

Someone using no recoil scripts and improved auto aim may simply double their usual kill rate into something that still appears somewhat normal for a high skilled player.

It's true and I agree I believe you can buy hacked accounts for warzone on pc, did you see they guy playing search and destroy on pc who left a hack visible on twitch he could see where all the enemies where, obviously he got banned.
    I agree any device that can allow a player run scripts on a console for rapid fire auto aim etc, some say Korean Savage is using a chronusmax to get high kills on console or reverse boosting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mainly why I have stopped really playing "new" online games and reverted to old well adminned servers for BF4 or other games, Ins2014 etc

Warzone is probably worse then PUBG was with the chinese lads.

Seeing COD whatever the new one is has console players turning off PC Crossplay shows its not going to go away, I think there should be a console crossplay only option for the Xbox/PSN users.

No interest in Valorant other than its anti cheat which loads at boot, could be a game changer. Havent read up if it works/doesnt work tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Some games are noticeably worse than others. Battlefield 1 and 5 are absolutely brutal for it, in the really obvious sense.

I've no doubt every game is plagued by subtle cheaters using advantage hacks rather than blatant aim-hacks, but newer Battlefield games are by far the worst for obvious hackers making zero attempt to disguise it.

These days playing BF5, it's very common to see someone going 100-1 with non-stop headshots with something like an LMG.

Don't get it either. Whatever about a free game like Apex or Warzone, BF5 is not free, you'd have to either buy the game again or buy EA access on a different account to get back to it after being banned.

So why do it so blatantly in the first place, I don't understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Mainly why I have stopped really playing "new" online games and reverted to old well adminned servers for BF4 or other games, Ins2014 etc
    Makes you wonder, why most publishers stopped this practice. Things were way better back then. I had my own server in BF3 and it was packed every day for 12-18 hours and we had some great games. I am sure some who were kicked/banned would complain, but the rest, really enjoyed the game.

Warzone is probably worse then PUBG was with the chinese lads.
    PUBG has more netcode problems than cheaters.

Seeing COD whatever the new one is has console players turning off PC Crossplay shows its not going to go away, I think there should be a console crossplay only option for the Xbox/PSN users.
    Console players always complain about the benefits of PC players, and how many cheaters are on PCs, however I haven't seen anyone complain about the "legit aimbot" they have...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAqIUU5wAKw

No interest in Valorant other than its anti cheat which loads at boot, could be a game changer. Havent read up if it works/doesnt work tho.
    Even if it proves its effectiveness, which has not, I will not install a spyware rootkit on my pc. Better play something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wizard! wrote: »
    Console players always complain about the benefits of PC players, and how many cheaters are on PCs, however I haven't seen anyone complain about the "legit aimbot" they have...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAqIUU5wAKw

Lol, 2:20 takes him 30 bullets to kill her with an mp5, I think a kb&m will have that beat

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Advertisement