Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 3 National restrictions - Your Q & A's megathread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

jayzee wrote: »
    Hi
    We have a restaurant booking for Sunday - outside -in Dublin, is this gone now?
    Thanks J

If Dublin still on L3, up to 15 people dining outside is permitted.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#bars-cafes-and-restaurants-including-hotel-restaurants-and-bars

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Redpunto wrote: »
    I normally would but it’s in the back of a tiny shop and they are all squished together with no masks on. I was shocked when I saw it. Just with most people trying to do the right thing.

I would continue to do the right thing and leave other people be to decide for themselves.

You can report them to the Gardai and they can investigate if there is a covid breech.

Let them at it and it could be a cluster and spread in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi There

Are you allowed to visit someone and sit in the garden?

I thought you were allowed up to six and from only two households but someone else told me that No, no-one allowed in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi There

Are you allowed to visit someone and sit in the garden?

I thought you were allowed up to six and from only two households but someone else told me that No, no-one allowed in the garden.

You're both right in a way - under level 3 you were allowed up to six people (though only from one household). But then yesterday they went and changed the definition of level 3 yet again so it now says no visitors to your home or garden. So now it's the same as level 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the criteria for getting to level 1/2 after the bank holiday is it based on the incidence rate? What does it need to be under?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

What's the criteria for getting to level 1/2 after the bank holiday is it based on the incidence rate? What does it need to be under?

Level 3 extended to November 10th by MM last night
    And I would say case numbers will dictate changing levels....the great unwashed haven’t t been advised of what incident rate dictates level changes...same is likely to be determined by which direction the wind is blowing I feel...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Hi,

Looking to visit my mum in Dublin, I’m based in Cork.

Has anyone experienced any check points on the air coach etc or train ?

Dan K

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Dankarl wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to visit my mum in Dublin, I’m based in Cork.

Has anyone experienced any check points on the air coach etc or train ?

Dan K

Nope. There are no checks. You will be asked to wear a mask is all. And arrive early as buses are running at half capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

They haven't made that part up yet.
    They'll probably toss a coin on the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

does anyone know if buses going back to sunday hours like they were in the first like down is part of level 4 or 5?

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Level 3 extended to November 10th by MM last night
    And I would say case numbers will dictate changing levels....the great unwashed haven’t t been advised of what incident rate dictates level changes...same is likely to be determined by which direction the wind is blowing I feel...

It wasn't extended, still up for review after the bank holiday, from .gov
    The rest of the country remains at Level 3 until midnight Tuesday 27 October but from tonight, you can no longer have visitors to your home or garden except for compassionate or caring purposes.

Thought they had some criteria for being in each level, that's nuts you have no way of knowing how to get out of a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Anyone have an idea if a sudden level 4 lockdown is likely?

jojofizzio wrote: »
    MM actually said in his speech yesterday that the ban on household visiting under Level 3 and the level 4 restrictions in border counties would come into effect from “midnight tomorrow night u til November 10th”....but I’m not one bit surprised that the gov.ie website says differently :rolleyes:

I couldn't watch it, had enough of him, they only updated it today, https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/resilience-recovery-2020-2021-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/#

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

woodchuck wrote: »
    So in our new level 3 and three quarters...

No household visits. I assume it's still ok to have tradespeople (e.g. a plumber) in the house? We just bought a new old house and a lot of things need fixing.

Yep, this was specifically clarified by Simon Harris today as being okay as long as you don't make them a cup of tea. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Random question that I could use some opinions on. I live in a house-share during the week and usually go home to my parents house for a day/night at the weekend. I use my parents address for all correspondence etc. and would never consider myself a visitor in their house, it's my home (I have to make my own tea! Visitors wouldn't have to do that :P).

Am I still allowed to go to my parents house as normal under the 'No Visitor' restrictions or am I considered a visitor because I spend most nights of the week at a different address?

I know I can argue both, but I'd like some opinions on what others would consider correct.

Thanks in Advance!

Ask them, I asked my mum earlier am I banned and she said just be discreet, probably means hide the car, she thinks it's the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

Random question that I could use some opinions on. I live in a house-share during the week and usually go home to my parents house for a day/night at the weekend. I use my parents address for all correspondence etc. and would never consider myself a visitor in their house, it's my home (I have to make my own tea! Visitors wouldn't have to do that :P).

Am I still allowed to go to my parents house as normal under the 'No Visitor' restrictions or am I considered a visitor because I spend most nights of the week at a different address?

I know I can argue both, but I'd like some opinions on what others would consider correct.

Thanks in Advance!

I was listening to Newstalk earlier when Stephen Donnelly was being interviewed. Similar circumstances to yours was being spoke about. Donnelly said that if one lives away from their parents/family home then they cannot visit unless on compassionate/caring grounds. Id say be discreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

In all honesty, I'd say rather than trying to figure out "The Rule", I'd consider the risk you might pose to your parents.

If you're in a house share of say three or four people who are all working and circulating, especially in Dublin (but anywhere really) then you have a heightened risk of getting infected and bringing it back into your parents house.

Maybe that's a risk you're all happy to take - but maybe they're vulnerable and would prefer not to be exposed - but that's between you all, and that's the angle I'd be looking at it from, rather than figuring out if you need to hide the car.

At the end of the day it's about stopping the spread of the virus.

• Advertisement

I would say worry more about giving them covid than if you can get away with calling. You live in a house share so your contacts are far higher than someone who lives with a partner or alone and WFH for example. So you need to take this into account in your decision. Are you, WFH are your house mates WFH, do they meet other people, do people call to the house etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Avoid visiting your parents. Can't believe people are still going in to the homes of elderly people. We halted all household visits last month when it was crystal clear that C-19 was been spread by household mingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Do Garages (repair) stay open in Level 4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Do Garages (repair) stay open in Level 4 ?

Yes. Classed as essential.

the repair of mechanically propelled vehicles or the repair of bicycles and related facilities

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c9158-essential-services-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialservices/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Thanks for the replies, although my parents are not elderly (both still working, neither in jobs that can be worked from home), with Level 4/5 looming I'll be keeping my distance for the near future. Hopefully will get home for Christmas!

Advertisement