If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker & Amp Combo for Turntable

Options
  • 06-10-2020 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, 

Can you recommend a Speaker & Amp Combo for a Turntable? 

The turntable is a Technics 1210. I would normally use the turntables (2x 1210's) for DJing and it would be through a mixer to active speakers. I am now looking to set up one turntable in the sitting room so I'm looking for small enough speakers that are easy to mount on a wall. 

I was thinking that passive would be best as there'd be fewer cables and probably not as heavy/bulky as active. The amp would need to be small enough with the possibility to take a subwoofer for future expansion. 

I would be grateful if you could recommend something that fits the above requirements. 

Thanks in advance

B

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Hi, 

Can you recommend a Speaker & Amp Combo for a Turntable? 

The turntable is a Technics 1210. I would normally use the turntables (2x 1210's) for DJing and it would be through a mixer to active speakers. I am now looking to set up one turntable in the sitting room so I'm looking for small enough speakers that are easy to mount on a wall. 

I was thinking that passive would be best as there'd be fewer cables and probably not as heavy/bulky as active. The amp would need to be small enough with the possibility to take a subwoofer for future expansion. 

I would be grateful if you could recommend something that fits the above requirements. 

Thanks in advance

B
    Hi BaZm0.

Stereo amps are usually made to the one size with a few exceptions.

The likes of the Denon PMA600 NE priced at £349
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13812-denon-pma600ne-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

If you let me know your budget I can see what deals I can offer for an amp and speakers :)

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.