Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting situation in Limerick

Options
  • 06-10-2020 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Moving to Limerick soon for a new job I was wondering if anyone knew what the housing situation is like over there with the universities closed and COVID causing further restrictions. I would assume landlords would be dying for tenants (contrary to replies received so far).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Moving to Limerick soon for a new job I was wondering if anyone knew what the housing situation is like over there with the universities closed and COVID causing further restrictions. I would assume landlords would be dying for tenants (contrary to replies received so far).

Rentals all over Ireland are sparse. Check daft ie and rent.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Yeah that's normally the case but I was hoping since less students about due to the COVID situation there would be less influx of people into the city. Daft and rent.ie are very good to be fair have found some decent properties so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

There are "student" estates in Limerick and then there are the estates which have rented houses mostly by groups of young professionals, families etc.

Most students stick to student accommodation or the estates near UL/LIT etc. Students only reduce the cheaper supply, spare rooms etc. Renting is a lot easier here than in Dublin, Cork, Galway, but prices are going up. Its relatively easy to get a house here for the cost of an apartment elsewhere.

Public transport isn't great, so if you don't have a car I'd recommend renting close to your work or in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Zookey123 wrote: »

Limerick supply is incredibly low, worse than Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Any places that go up that are reasonably priced are snapped up quickly. Was a place as far as murroe 2 weeks ago and I enquired the same day it went up, it was gone by the evening.

The rest require you to fill out a number of forms and then never get back to you. It's really dire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement