If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar - 55'' Samsung

Options
  • 06-10-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I've been researching soundbars for about a week. The breadth of options is overwhelming.
    It's for a Samsung 55'' TV with a HDMI ARC port, I want to control the soundbar with the TV remote.

The TV is in a large sitting room.
    And is used for watching TV/Movies. No gaming.

Surround sound would be nice, but don't want speakers all over the room, for small kids to knock over or stand on !

Looking at various reviews I was thinking Sonos Beam or Yamaha YAS209

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Budget is about 400 EUR

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

zeldo wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been researching soundbars for about a week. The breadth of options is overwhelming.
    It's for a Samsung 55'' TV with a HDMI ARC port, I want to control the soundbar with the TV remote.

Surround sound would be nice, but don't want speakers all over the room, for small kids to knock over or stand on !

Budget is about 400 EUR

Thanks
    Hey Zeldo.

Thanks for the post.

The Sonos Beam would be a great addition to any home :)
    It also give the the option for expansion to add other Sonos products around you home for a multi room system.
    You can also add in Play one's are rears if you so wished down the line.

One benefit of the YAS209 is that is comes with a subwoofer the beam does not.

Both do sound good and you would be happy with either but in my opinion the Beam has more to offer over the Yamaha.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have this exact set up, a Samsung 55 inch tv and a Sonos Beam. I couldn't fault it. The sound is very full with the Sonos and you would really notice the difference if you switched back to the tv's own speakers. The ability to pair other Sonos products with the Beam was a selling point for me. I have a Sonos Play one and I'm hoping to pick up a second one in the next few weeks to pair with the Beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zeldo

Hi,

Budget is about 400 EUR

Thanks
    Hey Zeldo.

Thanks for the post.

It also give the the option for expansion to add other Sonos products around you home for a multi room system.

Both do sound good and you would be happy with either but in my opinion the Beam has more to offer over the Yamaha.

Kenny.

Thanks a million Kenny.
    I was leaning towards the beam anyway. It seems to have great reviews across the board.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Budget is about 400 EUR

Thanks
    Hey Zeldo.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.

Thanks a million Kenny.
    I was leaning towards the beam anyway. It seems to have great reviews across the board.
    Hey Zeldo.

No problem at all :)

Let me know if you want to go for one.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.