Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin pubs and restaurants with seating

Options
  • 06-10-2020 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

The mrs and I have managed 10 yrs together this week and I'd booked the Morrison ages back. We've decided to go ahead with it to break the monotony of sitting at home (we're in Dublin so no rules being broke) and we're wondering what to do. A good long walk in the Phoenix Park weather permitting will happen but it'd be nice not to only eat and drink in the hotel. So looking for pubs and restaurants that have outdoor sitting. Was in around Grafton Street a few weeks back and seen the likes of Bruxelles and The Bailey doing outdoor pints. Has anyone seen or experienced anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

simo28 wrote: »
    Hi,

The mrs and I have managed 10 yrs together this week and I'd booked the Morrison ages back. We've decided to go ahead with it to break the monotony of sitting at home (we're in Dublin so no rules being broke) and we're wondering what to do. A good long walk in the Phoenix Park weather permitting will happen but it'd be nice not to only eat and drink in the hotel. So looking for pubs and restaurants that have outdoor sitting. Was in around Grafton Street a few weeks back and seen the likes of Bruxelles and The Bailey doing outdoor pints. Has anyone seen or experienced anywhere else?

I reckon most hotels will be doing outdoor seating now.
    If people cant eat in a hotel they might as well just cancel.
    Ring around a few hotels and ask them if you can have a meal there.
    They better have heaters though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just to note at Level 3 that:
    Hotels, guesthouses and B&B's may remain open, but with services limited to residents.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#hotels-and-accommodation

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hotels can serve you food indoors. Just last week I stayed at the clayton balls bridge hotel and had a lovely meal and pints in their restaurant. Along with breakfast on both mornings.

Regarding restaurants... There's a bunch of places in Temple bar now with gazebo type structures assembled and outdoor heaters. They would be a grand experience as they're not only heated, the wind is being blocked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The Waterloo have outdoor space and I've always had great food there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Is the thread title meant to say outdoor seating?

Partner is finishing up her exams on Thursday, a bit of anticlimax basically finishing a 2 year masters after an online exam, with all that's going on.

Was hoping to take her out somewhere that does a meal and drinks in Dublin Thursday evening, doesn't have to be fancy at all, even decent pub grub. any suggestions of what's left that's open?

We've sourced somewhere close to us in D15 but their outdoor area isn't very well covered from the elements and they can only give us the table for an hour which is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Camden Bites on Camden St has a nice beer garden out the back and out the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I was in (outside) Hogan's on George's St last night, food was very nice indeed.

Thanks, wee bit far down. We’re at top of Phoenix park area, prefer not to go into south side city but thanks for suggestions.

Although that article floating around about restaurants open with outdoor seating in the city seems to all be Dublin 1 & 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

hole in the wall maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Michael's in Mount Merrion.

Has outdoor seating. If you like extremely generous portions of fresh seafood and dry-aged steak (together in the sharing platter) then I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

It's probably booked out for ages, but worth a visit.

Thanks.

Tried Maximilian’s in blanch village, no response via email, voicemail, Facebook messenger, Instagram.

Restaurant 104 in Drumcondra and Wallace’s Asti near Croke park were my next port of calls.

The new carriage terrace at the Alex looks very nice. Have also heard Saba on baggot street is well setup for this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Would you bother at the moment tho...cold weather

Most of them have patio heaters or overhead heaters which are great, plus offering blankets for the overly cold. Plus they’re screened off against the elements and may have a roof Or canopy

It’s not that cold in the evenings, we aren’t into November icy air yet. Then again I don’t tend to feel the cold much myself.

Sat out on Saturday for lunch at the lock keeper in Ashtown and it was 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Can you still stay in hotels under current restrictions.
    Can you use their restaurants even if they are indoors, or do you have to go to one with an outdoor one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

The Brian Boru in Phibsboro have a well covered heated outdoor seating area and the food is great, we had a fantastic night out there on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Can you still stay in hotels under current restrictions.
    Can you use their restaurants even if they are indoors, or do you have to go to one with an outdoor one?

Yes you can. I'm staying in a Dublin hotel on Saturday night, I am booked into their restaurant for dinner.

The Brian Boru in Phibsboro have a well covered heated outdoor seating area and the food is great, we had a fantastic night out there on Friday.

Walked in one Saturday last winter to see if there was any football on, about 20 old characters all watching horse racing on both sides of the bar, and was told it wouldn’t be changed.
    Place stank of smoke and looked like something from the 90s.

Unless it’s cleaned up it’s act I’d take a massive persuasion to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Walked in one Saturday last winter to see if there was any football on, about 20 old characters all watching horse racing on both sides of the bar, and was told it wouldn’t be changed.
    Place stank of smoke and looked like something from the 90s.

Unless it’s cleaned up it’s act I’d take a massive persuasion to go back

You were in the bar. There is a massive lounge and an outdoor seating/ dining area behind that.

Advertisement