Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

You, a person falling into the minority has no right to talk for the electorate. The gov overall have handled the pandemic very well and most of the country would agree - FG's massive increase in popularity should demonstrate what the people think.

They haven't been perfect and the following I would highlight as where they could have done better:

- Opened up too fast after the lockdown

- Didn't close airports, opened schools too early

- Opened schools too soon

- Didn't make restrictions law

- By not forcing people to abide by lesser restrictions they then didn't go strict enough soon enough - we should be at level 5 for the last few weeks with schools closed.

If by 'handled it well' you mean wrecked mental health, livelihoods, destroyed small businesses, jobs, caused a cancer crisis, loneliness, despair, depression, zero quality of life, and irreversible damage, then they've handled it very well.

darconio wrote: »
    So it's clear that many like us are against the lock-down and don't believe in this made up BS. However what can we do to regain our freedom? Because this is exactly what's happening to our lives and, if we let this progress, we'll end up forgetting what means socializing, going on holiday or even something simple like going shopping without wearing a mask or queuing up to buy a bottle of milk.

I would suggest emigrating. But there are signs of hope with the Great Barrington Declaration.

I've read some utter ****e on boards but that's up there with the best (worst) of them

Why do you think it's nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

You, a person falling into the minority has no right to talk for the electorate. The gov overall have handled the pandemic very well and most of the country would agree - FG's massive increase in popularity should demonstrate what the people think.

They haven't been perfect and the following I would highlight as where they could have done better:

- Opened up too fast after the lockdown

- Didn't close airports, opened schools too early

- Opened schools too soon

- Didn't make restrictions law

- By not forcing people to abide by lesser restrictions they then didn't go strict enough soon enough - we should be at level 5 for the last few weeks with schools closed.

2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

So it's clear that many like us are against the lock-down and don't believe in this made up BS. However what can we do to regain our freedom? Because this is exactly what's happening to our lives and, if we let this progress, we'll end up forgetting what means socializing, going on holiday or even something simple like going shopping without wearing a mask or queuing up to buy a bottle of milk.

I keep asking the question, where is the out?

There was days during the Summer with 0 deaths and cases in the 10s, but nothing budged!

What is the target we are trying to achieve?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭yawhat?

There really has been some amount of drivel posted here in the last few pages. Scutter all over the place! And John Waters quotes are posted to top it all off. Demented dimwits.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

Easy. Apply for PUP! Bankrupt the state. There won't lockdown or restrictions without money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I keep asking the question, where is the out?

There was days during the Summer with 0 deaths and cases in the 10s, but nothing budged!

What is the target we are trying to achieve?

Zero cases apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

yawhat? wrote: »
    There really has been some amount of drivel posted here in the last few pages. Scutter all over the place! And John Waters quotes are posted to top it all off. Demented dimwits.

What a load of ironic baloney.

Coming from a poster talking about James Joyce on the main thread

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This "Christmas could be cancelled" narrative is getting annoying..

Basically Christmas is being reduced to alcoholism and to retail

• Advertisement

What a load of ironic baloney.

Coming from a poster talking about James Joyce on the main thread

I was quoting your hero, Professor Gupta. But that would go way over your head, for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Pure example of the nodding along , government drone zombieism that has us in the predicament we all sit in now for potentially years.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I've struggled with this question. I believe the current restrictions and removal of liberties are crazy. However I do believe in mask wearing / social distancing and general close proximity crowd control.

I would absolutely love to protest, but I having witnessed first hand the lunatics on Grafton St on Sat, I quickly realised most of these are not like minded to me.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Pure example of the nodding along , government drone zombieism that has us in the predicament we all sit in now for potentially years.

Tremendous guff. You’re outdoing yourself today. You need to mobilise your fellow travellers, start a revolution and get us out of this predicament.

Tremendous guff. You’re outdoing yourself today. You need to mobilise your fellow travellers, start a revolution and get us out of this predicament.

Don’t worry , it’s on the way. First job is rounding up you drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Penfailed wrote: »
    You say restrictions are the harshest here. I point out all those places with harsher restrictions. Factual information. You talk around them as if they're not so bad really. That's an argument that I can't possibly win I'm afraid. You're arguing that black is white. Facts are facts.

With regard to mask wearing, if it's not so bad, why are so many ignoring the restriction to do so?

You're trying to win an argument using diversions and spin. Knock yourself out.

Oh will you do us all a favour and knock yourself out! Your history on this thread proves that you will always take the most obtuse position and never back down even with the facts staring you in the face! Are you a troll?

Restaurants and bars are open all over Europe. Fact.
    Religious services are open all over Europe. Fact
    Cinemas, museums, galleries etc are open all over Europe. Fact.
    All of the above are subject to pandemic restrictions. Fact.
    Several zones around Europe but few to no other entire country are currently undergoing various lockdown conditions. Fact. But those lockdown conditions have not fully shut down businesses so are actually less severe than in Ireland.
    Masking wearing poses no risk to people's livelihoods, has no negative impact on an economy and is an inconvenience rather than a restriction. Fact.

Now compare with Ireland:

All bars and restaurants closed unless serving out doors. Fact,
    All religious services cancelled. Fact.
    All cinemas, museums, galleries closed. Fact.
    Mandatory mask wearing everywhere indoors including schools. Fact.

Now I'll ask a four year old to look at those two lists and see which is harsher. And maybe a 6 year old will see which is more injurious to the economy!

But unfortunately you are not somebody it's possible to have a reasonable debate with!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Dionaibh wrote: »
    Great post, but I truly believe that a lot of people like, or even love, living through a pandemic. It brings excitement to their life.

But it’s not a real proper pandemic.

Thousands tested positive with zero symptoms of the virus.

Proper pandemic and you’d know if you had this killer virus or not.

Testing criteria needs a big change and restrictions need to be based on hospital admissions WITH covid.
    Not admissions for routine procedures with asymptomatic covid.

The great Barrington declaration.

Present standing on signatures =

Medical & Public
    Health Scientists

Medical
    Practitioners

General
    Public

Great to see this much sense presenting in medical and scientific communities

If anyone gets the time here to sign it themselves under “general public“ it takes 60 seconds to do so.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Don’t worry , it’s on the way. First job is rounding up you drones.

Good man. Don’t forget to get mammy to polish up your jackboots.

Medical & Public
    Health Scientists

Medical
    Practitioners

General
    Public

If anyone gets the time here to sign it themselves under “general public“ it takes 60 seconds to do so.

the hell is that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

lawred2 wrote: »
    This "Christmas could be cancelled" narrative is getting annoying..

Basically Christmas is being reduced to alcoholism and to retail
    Well at Level 4, households can't mix and meeting family and friends is a big part of Christmas.

ixoy wrote: »
    Well at Level 4, households can't mix and meeting family and friends is a big part of Christmas.

uhuh

so it's cancelled?

lawred2 wrote: »
    the hell is that?

A load of unscientific, unmodelled, shadily funded nonsense. It does however contain a handy list of lunatics to be avoided at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Medical & Public
    Health Scientists

Medical
    Practitioners

General
    Public

Out of a world population of nearly 8 billion, about 130,000 have signed.

That's the equivalent of about 60 people in the whole of Ireland signing a petition.

Best ignored.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Jinglejangle69 one week forum ban for ignoring threadban

Forum ban lifted Oct 12th, ban from this thread remains in place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Medical & Public
    Health Scientists

Medical
    Practitioners

General
    Public

Finally, some sanity - signed!
    Will our government seek out and fire any Irish doctors on there, doing so seems to be part of ‘the new normal’

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No matter what level we are at, friends and family will be meeting up for Christmas. Its facts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Allinall wrote: »
    Out of a world population of nearly 8 billion, about 130,000 have signed.

That's the equivalent of about 60 people in the whole of Ireland signing a petition.

Best ignored.

In 4 days! Give it time to be publicised and then we’ll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well lets get the numbers down so this doesn't happen

• Advertisement

But it’s not a real proper pandemic.

Thousands tested positive with zero symptoms of the virus.

Proper pandemic and you’d know if you had this killer virus or not.

Testing criteria needs a big change and restrictions need to be based on hospital admissions WITH covid.
    Not admissions for routine procedures with asymptomatic covid.

I agree that it's not a pandemic. I was simply making the point that they like the idea of living through a pandemic. The, as I said, idea of surviving against all the odds. But I don't believe there are any odds, but I am trying to imagine what they think.

I agree with you re restrictions. I don't think there should be any.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement