Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Along with banning protests, I’m also concerned the Irish government isn’t cracking down on the Internet privileges of people who deliberately spread Covid disinformation like this Great Bennington crowd.

We need to listen to our own highly qualified and internationally renowned researchers like Prof Tony Houlihan, Mr. Luke O’Neill and Prof Emeritus Sam McConkey

NPHET is spending all day every day researching a cure and I think it’s sad we have people deliberately spreading fake news and trying to discredit those who are racing to find the cure.

0/10. Not even giving points for typing it out. Very poor attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Multipass wrote: »
    In 4 days! Give it time to be publicised and then we’ll see.

Give it a week and it will disappear itself. Everyone will forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

yawhat? wrote: »
    A load of unscientific, unmodelled, shadily funded nonsense. It does however contain a handy list of lunatics to be avoided at all costs.

but they are standing in front of a nice country retreat so... must be trustworthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

A load of unscientific, unmodelled, shadily funded nonsense. It does however contain a handy list of lunatics to be avoided at all costs.

Those "lunatics" haven't caused 130 million extra people to be at risk of starving to death.

And the model currently being followed was nonsense.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Give it a week and it will disappear itself. Everyone will forget it.

I agree with you. The people who enjoy living through a pandemic enjoy it too much to want it to end. There are 130 million extra people at risk of starving to death. Even if it was 500 million extra we'd still be looking at never-ending lockdowns and restrictions because of social media and the obsession with "surviving against all the odds" that is driving what is being called a pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

lawred2 wrote: »
    the hell is that?

There’s a link there.
    Are you having trouble clicking it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭yawhat?

dalyboy wrote: »
    There’s a link there.
    Are you having trouble clicking it ?

I think you should add that poster to the drone list.

I think you should add that poster to the drone list.

oh I see - we're amongst the last great bastion of free thinkers here!

nothing is more emblematic of free thinking than signing online petitions...

An important online petition to try to regain our fundamental rights, all of which have been taken away from us.

Dionaibh wrote: »
    An important online petition to try to regain our fundamental rights, all of which have been taken away from us.

who is attributing the importance?

• Advertisement

Those "lunatics" haven't caused 130 million extra people to be at risk of starving to death.

And the model currently being followed was nonsense.

What is this 130 million people starving to death you keep rattling on about and what has it to do with covid restrictions in Ireland more to the point?

I’m already on the drone list and I’m looking for company. There are no other candidates here today.

who is attributing the importance?

The fact that the purpose of the declaration is to regain our fundamental freedoms makes it important.

The fact that the purpose of the declaration is to regain our fundamental freedoms makes it important.

okeydoke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Who are they petitioning?

I suppose they could send the final version to Luke Flanagan, or maybe The Donald, and see what happens.

Allinall wrote: »

I suppose they could send the final version to Luke Flanagan, or maybe The Donald, and see what happens.

the world I'd say..

it's all a bit Pinky and the Brain really

What is this 130 million people starving to death you keep rattling on about and what has it to do with covid restrictions in Ireland more to the point?

130 more people in the world are at risk of starving to death because of lockdowns and restrictions.

I don't know how many Irish people, if any, are among those people, but since this is a global issue it's important to consider our fellow human beings in other parts of the world.

Do you not want your rights back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

It’s likely restrictions in general world wide terms that are contributing to economic instability which ultimately leads to poverty and starvation.

Not that difficult to figure out that locking down economies leads to this real life bad consequences

Well they did fly to the White House after launching their radical petition. Presumably heading off to help drain the swamp?

• Advertisement

dalyboy wrote: »
    It’s likely restrictions in general world wide terms that are contributing to economic instability which ultimately leads to poverty and starvation.

Not that difficult to figure out that locking down economies leads to this real life issue

That's exactly it.

Some people seem to think that shutting down the economy every 5 minutes won't cause any harm.

That's exactly it.

Some people seem to think that shutting down the economy every 5 minutes won't cause any harm.

which people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

That's exactly it.

Where did anyone say that?

That's exactly it.

Who thinks that? Some people think Covid won’t cause any harm.

Well they did fly to the White House after launching their radical petition. Presumably heading off to help drain the swamp?

They actually met with Dr. Atlas and HHS Secretary Azar to discuss the strategy. They won't meet anyone in Ireland, that's for sure. An alternative point of view is illegal in modern Ireland.

Who thinks that? Some people think Covid won’t cause any harm.

I'm referring to the people you read about in the media who want endless lockdowns.

People acknowledge that COVID-19 is harmful mainly to the elderly and to people with underlying conditions. It's a mild virus for everyone else. And, yes, I know that there have been cases of healthy young people being badly struck down by the virus, but such cases are rare.

The Great Barrington Declaration calls for a balanced approach.

They actually met with Dr. Atlas and HHS Secretary Azar to discuss the strategy. They won't meet anyone in Ireland, that's for sure. An alternative point of view is illegal in modern Ireland.

Illegal? Really? Could have sworn I saw one of the authors on Primetime recently. Could somebody in RTE end up in jail?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Well you didn't get jailed for your alternative point of view yet. So I don't think it's illegal..

Illegal? Really? Could have sworn I saw one of the authors on Primetime recently. Could somebody in RTE end up in jail?

I was exaggerating, of course, but one doctor who spoke out was forced to resign and a doctor in Limerick was stood down as chairman of a group. The point I'm making is that it's not easy for people to speak out. It would help if there was an alternative media voice, but the only one really is Gript, which has very few readers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Well you didn't get jailed for your alternative point of view yet. So I don't think it's illegal..

Early days. It's only started less than 6 months ago. I can bet, one will can get jailed for denying COVID restrictions in a year time. As for now you can easily be fired and left with no means to support your family if you question decisions of the Junta. it's only first few steps to GULAG are difficult, later it's going to be the norm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement