Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

And yet a further denotification of 1 death.

All these deaths being removed in time. You’d wonder how their narrative and agenda would sound and appear if those deaths that are ultimately removed were never added in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

darconio wrote: »
    In the meantime 5 deaths in the republic: listen carefully to Rte news six one, min 35:10

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/rt%C3%A9-news-six-one/SI0000001474?epguid=IH000385130

"...5 more people have died with the virus" not from the virus
    Very easy to get brainwashed if we don't pay attention.

EDIT: while posting this they removed the video! Yes no news on the 9th of October, they will probably re-post it redacted at some stage :eek:

528790.PNG

Caitríona much hotter than Claire

Some figure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

In the meantime 5 deaths in the republic: listen carefully to Rte news six one, min 35:10

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/rt%C3%A9-news-six-one/SI0000001474?epguid=IH000385130

EDIT: while posting this they removed the video! Yes no news on the 9th of October, they will probably re-post it redacted at some stage :eek:

528790.PNG

Surely you are not implying that the “ministry of truth”, otherwise known as RTE ,is trying to mislead us !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

So the PR spin machine is in full flow. I find it hilarious how they are trying to rephrase lockdown as "circuit breaker". Now, whoever came up with that nonsense needs to be fired into the sun, post haste.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

It really is a crazy time, I had to delete Twitter as it was affecting my mental health looking at healthy people pleading to be locked up and fined etc.. After all this ends I will be a lot more suspicious of the general Irish public, very easily brainwashed and unable to do their own research instead relying on fear mongering RTE/ Indo headlines.. Sad times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

It's been quite a week...one positive from it was Leo's interview on Monday. No-one I have met disagrees with any of the points he made and most people support the Government's take on things. The subsequent media and opposition vilification of him for taking a stand is so disappointing considering the stakes of what's involved. Particularly disappointing from the Opposition parties who should always stand for Democracy and the Tánaiste making fair and clear points in relation to the Government's reasoning to go to level 3.

Meanwhile Ryan on Late Late states - nothing to do with Covid and politics...but we all need to listen to an anecdotal story of how someone nearly died from it..on a Friday night, after a long week of Covid overload. The Late Late is clearly not an entertainment show anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

SNNUS wrote: »
    It really is a crazy time, I had to delete Twitter as it was affecting my mental health looking at healthy people pleading to be locked up and fined etc.. After all this ends I will be a lot more suspicious of the general Irish public, very easily brainwashed and unable to do their own research instead relying on fear mongering RTE/ Indo headlines.. Sad times

To hell with all of them. Let them stew in their own miserable dire existence.

Anyone with any thinking brain knows something smells rotten with this entire manipulative escapade we are witnessing .

Delete / cancel anything that’s corrosive in life including social media, tv/radio , fake friends , gas lighting curtain twitching relatives etc

I personally did a ruthless full scale cancellation of anything corrosive in my life..
    I feel a million times better from it and think so much more clearly since.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

topper75 wrote: »
    Chairperson of Shannondoc - Dr. Pat Morrisey - was sacked from the role for merely asking this very question.

There is definitely a hysterical aspect to it. It is Ahabesque madness.

He also prescribed hydroxychloroquine to high-risk patients that got sick with Covid. Some of the stuff he shares on Twitter is a bit unusual IMHO, Nigel Farage, Declan Ganley etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

wextipp wrote: »
    He also prescribed hydroxychloroquine to high-risk patients that got sick with Covid. Some of the stuff he shares on Twitter is a bit unusual IMHO, Nigel Farage, Declan Ganley etc.

Prescribed what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

528790.PNG

Technically, nobody dies from the virus. Fatalities are from resulting respiratory problems. Also if you’re unfortunate enough to end up in ICU as a result, it’s possible to die from other complications, heart and/or other organ failure for example.

Don’t get this ‘from’ v ‘with’ nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I would accept unusual as a fair word. It is not mainstream politics.

But I would baulk at the idea of trying to restrain a man's conscience politically. Most people who have read Orwell's works would.

What should he have prescribed those patients by the way? Asking for a friend called WHO.:P

I would accept unusual as a fair word. It is not mainstream politics.

But I would baulk at the idea of trying to restrain a man's conscience politically. Most people who have read Orwell's works would.

What should he have prescribed those patients by the way? Asking for a friend called WHO.:P
    Not sure what to prescribe but giving hydroxychloroquine is against HSE regulations.
    Not saying he is anti-vax but that would be unusual for a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Not sure what to prescribe but giving hydroxychloroquine is against HSE regulations.

Regulations or guidelines?

The difference is significant because I don't think a doctor should be shackled in their efforts to save a patient's life. They have taken an oath to 'do no harm'.

I am mindful of the development of penicillin and also of the story in Westport of the Polish lads with botulism:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/first-case-of-mayo-botulism-in-20-years-1.1005352

Docs thinking outside the box can be a very welcome thing.

Regulations or guidelines?
    Not sure just going on his quote from this IT article.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Technically, nobody dies from the virus. Fatalities are from resulting respiratory problems. Also if you’re unfortunate enough to end up in ICU as a result, it’s possible to die from other complications, heart and/or other organ failure for example.

Don’t get this ‘from’ v ‘with’ nonsense.

I'm glad we agree on something: the virus is not fatal, we don't die from coronavirus.
    Yet, as soon as somebody dies, is quickly added to the number of "Death by Covid" : yeah I don't get this nonsense either

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

SNNUS wrote: »

It’s very worrying. I can only put it down to:

1. Large % of public sector workers happy to take the wage and wfh
    2. A general increased laziness setting in
    3. Young people lacking dynamism of earlier generations and happy to sit at home watching tv
    4. % of people who did nothing before this and are happy to have others join them in their misery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Tredstone

I think there's battlelines between those who are comfortable during the crisis and those whose lives are in emotional and mental turmoil

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Glenomra

manniot2 wrote: »

3. Young people lacking dynamism of earlier generations and happy to sit at home watching tv
    4. % of people who did nothing before this and are happy to have others join them in their misery

Main reason imo is that there's little financial cost for very many people including my own family. When that changes people's attitudes will change also. But not until then.

Hardly fair to make this a private vs public sector thing. There is a large % of private sector workers WFH and very happy to do so (myself included). There is more public sector than private sector working from home currently I would think.

Also the way you word it “happy to take a wage and WFH” suggested they are doing nothing while the reality is the vast majority are doing their job exactly as they would in the office but benefit from a much improved work/life balance and no commute (or cost of commuting etc). It’s a major positive from this terrible pandemic. The speeding up of the move towards WFH.

Hardly fair to make this a private vs public sector thing. There is a large % of private sector workers WFH and very happy to do so (myself included). There is more public sector than private sector working from home currently I would think.

Yes sorry you are probably right. I am private sector wfh myself but I see massive economic clouds gathering so we won’t come out untouched.unlike the public sector (largely)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Put everyone on 300 euro a week and see how quickly they change their tune.

Tredstone wrote: »
    I think there's battlelines between those who are comfortable during the crisis and those whose lives are in emotional and mental turmoil

Even those that are comfortable. I struggle to understand the subservience to this and the lack of a broader appreciation for the problems these lockdowns create.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Tredstone

Even those that are comfortable. I struggle to understand the subservience to this and the lack of a broader appreciation for the problems these lockdowns create.

You know when you get a sudden illness or a pain and it always the worst pain you ever had.

You forget everything else in the desire to eliminate this pain.Covid feels a lot like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Glenomra wrote: »
    Main reason imo is that there's little financial cost for very many people including my own family. When that changes people's attitudes will change also. But not until then.

The lockdown-cheerleaders of RTE have tried to portray the estimated €21bn deficit this year as a good news story this morning I see.

If services were cut and taxes were increased (including salary cuts at RTE), we would see an entirely different public response to Covid 19.

The narrative from RTE would change very quickly too.

The tax increases and cuts to services are coming and it will already be far too late to take corrective action when they are introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    It’s going to keep rising and rising in the north. Such is the nature of things, like any virus lockdowns and the like never control it

People in the North know what real danger is

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

This. The laziness and general drive to do nothing I find hard to get my head around. Seems to be this overwhelming desire to do nothing out there. How will we ever achieve anything as a country with this kind of attitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The WHO's Covid chief David Nabarro has appealed to the west to stop using lockdown as it's killing millions of poor people

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1314573157827858434

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The tax increases and cuts to services are coming and it will already be far too late to take corrective action when they are introduced.

They'll have to increase taxes and cut services in Sweden too. Sweden's GDP dropped more in Q2 than Norway and Finland. Two weeks ago the death rate was 10 times the two. Here's a list of things that they are doing in Sweden -

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

The lockdown-cheerleaders of RTE have tried to portray the estimated €21bn deficit this year as a good news story this morning I see.

If services were cut and taxes were increased (including salary cuts at RTE), we would see an entirely different public response to Covid 19.

The narrative from RTE would change very quickly too.

There is going to be a massive lowering of the standard of living. Last week an environmentalist group in Dublin were ridiculing the idea that people would still be driving in the near future, calling it a "fantasy of cheap oil".

The future planned by the World Economic Forum is that we will all be undifferentiated techno-serfs with little money and no autonomy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭AUDI20

bush wrote: »
    Put everyone on 300 euro a week and see how quickly they change their tune.

I would be delighted, I am an old age pensioner and only get €230 a week. would be a nice increase for me !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement