Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Comments

My internet history is wrecked as it is, but I still try to keep the likes of 4Chan, Bitchute, Live Leak and other digital gutters out of there.

I don't buy into the Bill Gates supervillain theory, I don't pay him much attention at all really. He is so far off my radar and disconnected from my everyday life and focus that even if he has highly nefarious intentions, wtf can I do? Even if he is revealed to be the antichrist tomorrow, wtf can I do?

I'm far more concerned with the relaxation of restrictions here, of a return to some kind of coherent, decisive government leading Ireland to live alongside this virus. This is the shít that affects my life and the lives of those I know.

I think this thread gets wild enough without us going down the Bill Gates road.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Colm Brophy TD accusing Verona Murphy who speaks sense on Prime Time of Trump style politics. Pathetic. I’m so done supporting the Restrictions, NPHET and the Government.
    They have zero plan only lockdown, put everyone out of work and send the state to bankruptcy.

Colm brophy was an embarrassment talking absolute s***e. Verona on the other hand actually spoke sense and made valid points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

audman13 wrote: »
    Colm brophy was an embarrassment talking absolute s***e. Verona on the other hand actually spoke sense and made valid points

Once you have to start bringing up Donald Trump you know your argument is absolute bull****

Once you have to start bringing up Donald Trump you know your argument is absolute bull****

Colm brophy looked like jabba the hair dye...ffs bloody joke.verona was forced outa work because the cost of insurance for a truck went from 1000 to over 10k per year and she took the judiciary to task many a time over exorbitant insurance and cartel practice..i like her and she spoke well. Its a quiet life with cash on tap if your a lazy TD

rusty cole wrote: »
    Colm brophy looked like jabba the hair dye...ffs bloody joke.verona was forced outa work because the cost of insurance for a truck went from 1000 to over 10k per year and she took the judiciary to task many a time over exorbitant insurance and cartel practice..i like her and she spoke well. Its a quiet life with cash on tap if your a lazy TD

That's long been a problem with politics here. Parish pump bull**** all around. The majority of TD's are just out for an easy life knowing they'll get in if they make a few pandering gestures to the local electorate. It's ****ing depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I see Dr.Hulahoop was blaming everyone and their mothers for the rise in cases again tonight.

Shaming those who are going to work is a new low. Of course, it's easy to look down on people when you're on top. He's living the dream now - no accountability, every word he says is lapped up, every demand is accepted with a "yes sir, thank you sir". All that on a fat pension and no doubt a government job after all this.

But screw the people who are trying to make a living eh?

That's long been a problem with politics here. Parish pump bull**** all around. The majority of TD's are just out for an easy life knowing they'll get in if they make a few pandering gestures to the local electorate. It's ****ing depressing

You can imagine him at the xmas party in the private sector cant you?? Getting a wide berth from anyone unfortunate enough to give him and his aspirations of polital greatness an Ear...pest..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I see Dr.Hulahoop was blaming everyone and their mothers for the rise in cases again tonight.

Shaming those who are going to work is a new low. Of course, it's easy to look down on people when you're on top. He's living the dream now - no accountability, every word he says is lapped up, every demand is accepted with a "yes sir, thank you sir". All that on a fat pension and no doubt a government job after all this.

But screw the people who are trying to make a living eh?

What is this now?

• Advertisement

Someone should ask Dr Holohan how essential his trip to the late late show studio to get his belly rubbed by tubridy was.

Someone should ask Dr Holohan how essential his trip to the late late show studio to get his belly rubbed by tubridy was.

461484-run-your-claw-along-my-gut-one-last-time.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Why is he even doing this presser from Miesian Plaza? He could be doing it via zoom from his own home.
    By being there he is forcing camera people, press lapping dogs and other members of NPHET to travel to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

The only car parks + canteens that are full are in schools + thats what Tony + his crew wanted.

Over 1 million people on move for education purposes, of course roads will be busy.

FFs what did they expect.

Interesting solo run from Eoghan Murphy...

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1329529739770535939

• Advertisement

NPHET: "New phone who dis"

The week vaccines are announced he decides to be a maverick eh...he musta been out drinking baby shams in the boathouse with leo and doctor covid ...

Holy **** now I've a massive mancrush on eoghan Murphy

Why is he even doing this presser from Miesian Plaza? He could be doing it via zoom from his own home.
    By being there he is forcing camera people, press lapping dogs and other members of NPHET to travel to work.

I guess his ego doesn't get sufficient stroking unless he sees everyone gathered before him to listen to his edicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Are you joking? NPHET use the media and social media regularly in the run up to ‘reviews’ and updates on our restrictions fate. Including cosy TV and radio interviews. They don’t seem to even have the manners to consult with Government & cabinet before doing this. And they keep spreading fearmongering and hysteria on a daily basis, including false model data from Prof Philip Nolan.

It`s still irrelevant. If they brought on horses and dancing girls it makes no difference. Their role is advisory. It is the government that make the decisions.

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    It`s still irrelevant. If they brought on horses and dancing girls it makes no difference. Their role is advisory. It is the government that make the decisions.

Someone should really tell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dr Tony starting too lose the rag

Let's hope it ends with him resigning

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dr Tony starting too lose the rag

Let's hope it ends with him resigning

That's because he got banned from these threads ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Colm Brophy TD accusing Verona Murphy who speaks sense on Prime Time of Trump style politics. Pathetic. I’m so done supporting the Restrictions, NPHET and the Government.
    They have zero plan only lockdown, put everyone out of work and send the state to bankruptcy.

He’s at least what, 5 stone over weight? It’s well proven obesity is a major mitigating factor with C19. A pattern I’ve noticed is the the fatties are far more pro lockdown. More Selfish self interest
    because they’re too lazy to own their personal health

Whatever anyone here thinks of Holohan and the rest of NPHET, they're not dumb. They know if they give advice and the government go against it that it's the government who are more likely to come out of it poorer than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Oh my goodness poor Tony! - he is now starting to swim against the tide of reality and public opinion and now even his government lap dogs are turning against him. Prayers for Tony everyone, get those rosary beads out.

This is an awful moment for him, let's hope his job is safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Whatever anyone here thinks of Holohan and the rest of NPHET, they're not dumb. They know if they give advice and the government go against it that it's the government who are more likely to come out of it poorer than them.

...because their advice is correct? Is that what you're saying?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Verona Murphy is the only person on Prime Time with the ability to see sense, when so many others see only hysteria.

RobitTV wrote: »
    Verona Murphy is the only person on Prime Time with the ability to see sense, when so many others see only hysteria.

She’s worked her way up from very little. Knows how hard it is. Didn’t have a cushioned public sector, academic or medical bureaucrat existence. Is in tune with small business in rural Wexford/Ireland. That is the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

He won't be happy till everyone is locked up in their homes. Does he not realise people are avoiding public transport so the traffic is heavier. People aren't car pooling so traffic is heavier. Schools, construction, manufacturing and a good portion of retail is open so traffic is heavy.
    Maybe he should do his briefings from his own house and lead by example rather than telling people they're bad citizens for not working from home.

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    ...because their advice is correct? Is that what you're saying?

Not at all. It's a simple fact that a highly contagious respiratory illness will always spread. Lockdown is nothing but a sledgehammer it works to a degree but causes a ****load of collateral damage. NPHET aren't using any nuance, planning or taking any chances. Just taking the lazy option

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

walus wrote: »
    You are right, in theory. In practice the government have abdicated their decision making duties on this to nphet and they happily accepted that. Politicians are spineless these days, either avoid making decisions or keep turning whichever way the wind is blowing. If you leave a void rest assured that someone will fill it.

Make no mistake nphet and Dr, Tony are well aware of the impact their decisions have. They even get air time ffs. Effectively, it is nphet calling the shots on ‘living with COVID’ policy. Period.

I have yet to hear NPHET announcing a decision they have made on restrictions or lockdown. Governments listen to advice, but when it comes to making decisions that is solely their prerogative.

Not at all. It's a simple fact that a highly contagious respiratory illness will always spread. Lockdown is nothing but a sledgehammer it works to a degree but causes a ****load of collateral damage. NPHET aren't using any nuance, planning or taking any chances. Just taking the lazy option

Gas thing is that after all these lockdowns- cases are actually rising as I always thought they would = lockdown is a very expensive folly but the sensible amongst us could see that 8 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

So, if the government go against their advice, how do they come out poorer?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have yet to hear NPHET announcing a decision they have made on restrictions or lockdown. Governments listen to advice, but when it comes to making decisions that is solely their prerogative.

And yet members of the Government only 2 days ago found it necessary to remind Tony that they, not he, will be making the decisions on how we exit lockdown and next steps.

They also felt it necessary to express their unhappiness about NPHET using the media to influence/pressure the Government on these decisions

Penfailed wrote: »
    So, if the government go against their advice, how do they come out poorer?

Look at what happened to varadker. He openly spoke against NPHET deciding to go from level 2 to 5 in the space of a few days and when cases increased he was gutted by the press and the public for it. NPHET can dish up any crap at this point and can make it difficult for the government to say no to them. It's a form of soft power if that's the correct term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

road_high wrote: »
    Gas thing is that after all these lockdowns- cases are actually rising as I always thought they would = lockdown is a very expensive folly but the sensible amongst us could see that 8 months ago.

How do you reckon things would be without restrictions?
    Genius stuff on this thread from multiple sources on a daily basis.

You understand how this virus spreads, yeah?

kippy wrote: »

Is there any way you can make your argument without going full on 'guy on the internet' please?

Is there any way you can make your argument without going full on 'guy on the internet' please?

Sorry, I don't get the reference. I am either too young or too old.

• Advertisement

of course we do and in spanish Flu they closed all venues, schools, social, entertainment, etc and m asks (the most elaborate you'll ever see) were mandatory..it did feck all.. some might actually believe this to be a red queen hypothesis for all we know in which case, like an actual run of tsunami tidal waves, we are insignificant and must let it run it's course.. the weak swimmers will die and the strong will move on, harsh but true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Saw South Australia has gone into a 6 day lockdown because of 36 cases. This tweet is truly dystopian.

[url]

Australia has lost the plot.

Saw South Australia has gone into a 6 day lockdown because of 36 cases. This tweet is truly dystopian.

[url]

ah sure dont mind them, they were shooting afghan farmers for troop initiation a while back and they have to answer for it now..a one time prison colony is all they are.

of course we do and in spanish Flu they closed all venues, schools, social, entertainment, etc and m asks (the most elaborate you'll ever see) were mandatory..it did feck all.. some might actually believe this to be a red queen hypothesis for all we know in which case, like an actual run of tsunami tidal waves, we are insignificant and must let it run it's course.. the weak swimmers will die and the strong will move on, harsh but true..

Well, at least we are getting somewhere now. This is ultimately what you think:
    'Let it run its course, the weak swimmers will die and the strong will move on,harshbut true.'

It's not surprising, and I'm glad youve admitted it there in black and white.

[url]

I bet that woman's husband is thrilled at the prospect of spending weeks locked up with her. Hope he's stocked up on the Foster's.

ah sure dont mind them, they were shooting afghan farmers for troop intitiation a while back and they have to answer for it now..a one time prison colony is all they are.

Brilliant, the brave boys in the Australian police department get to harass more pregnant women. Brave brave men. Australia's returned to it's original function. Penal colony.

• Advertisement

Well, at least we are getting somewhere now. This is ultimately what you think:
    'Let it run its course, the weak swimmers will die and the strong will move on,harshbut true.'

It's not surprising, and I'm glad youve admitted it there in black and white.

relax there skippy, you're not Gregory peck! and this is not the deep south. Grandstanding on a web forum does not a solicitor make!
    what I believe and what you interpret is completely a reflection of what's going on in your mind and not what's goin on in my view.

they say you have two ears and one mouth, so you should listed twice as much as you speak, to that ratio, you should subscribe..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Look at what happened to varadker. He openly spoke against NPHET deciding to go from level 2 to 5 in the space of a few days and when cases increased he was gutted by the press and the public for it. NPHET can dish up any crap at this point and can make it difficult for the government to say no to them. It's a form of soft power if that's the correct term

Yep. The Govt is the Wizard of Oz. Holohan and NPhet are the Man behind the curtain that we're told to not pay attention too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Yep. The Govt is the Wizard of Oz. Holohan and NPhet are the Man behind the curtain that we're told to not pay attention too.

Wizard of Oz?

More like the muppet show!!

Another Hospital Outbreak.
    More than 20 people with Covid in hospital who didn’t have it before they went to Hospital.
    This adds to our ever growing number in hospital with Covid. If it wasn’t for these outbreaks we’d have single figure in hospital with Covid.

It was Probably caused by the average person going to work according to Herr Holohan

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/south-dublin-hospital-reports-covid-19-outbreak-as-more-than-20-patients-test-positive-1.4414171

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Another Hospital Outbreak.
    More than 20 people with Covid in hospital who didn’t have it before they went to Hospital.

Surely an outbreak in a hospital falls under the remit of the CMO?

If I ****ed up that badly in work Id be sacked on the spot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement