Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dionaibh wrote: »
    I believe that they have long wanted to restrict travel. So instead of outright banning it they make it an unpleasant experience. It's all about climate change.

As I've said before, people should seriously consider getting out of the West.

Are you? You appear to really detest living here.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Yes. While it won't be mandatory life will be made very difficult for those who refuse it.

Just like travelling outside the county borders has been this week.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Penfailed wrote: »
    Seriously? People think nothing of spunking €200 for a sesh on a weekend but become outraged at spending it to ensure people's safety. Perspective required.

Ahhh Pen. Always showing how out of touch you are. Typical flight ticket cost around Europe is 20 - 50 euros with Ryanair.

Now lets add 200 euros onto that. For peoples safety.

This all sounds legit. Great economics. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Seriously? People think nothing of spunking €200 for a sesh on a weekend but become outraged at spending it to ensure people's safety. Perspective required.

Some people may have to travel to visit sick relatives or for an emergency family situation. I don't "spunk" €200 on a night out, so I wouldn't know what you are referring to, Sorry.

I'm all for safety measures 100% but this is a very high price for a test and many people will now be unable to travel out of this island

walus wrote: »
    Just like travelling outside the county borders has been this week.

Eh? Very difficult? Nah. It's no problem. I was out of the county every day this week. I was stopped briefly twice and waved on once. Not very difficult.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Spot on. The COVID obsession is possibly the most bizarre thing in human history.

The selective reporting about Europes lockdowns is frustrating.

Ireland as we know is the most restricted nation in Europe all Summer and up to now, Countries that had nightclubs open are now implementing some further restrictions.

Sweden took a holistic approach to public health, and discovered the suppression of citizen's isn't a cost effective benefit health wise, the rest of Europe followed last June while NPHET remained concerned.

So here we are, heading into Winter, with hospital admissions of a respiratory illnesses rising.

There is now no out of restrictions, despite not being a beneficial exercise health wise.

Eh? Very difficult? Nah. It's no problem. I was out of the county every day this week. I was stopped briefly twice and waved on once. Not very difficult.

One restriction I wouldnt bat an eyelid at would be to stop travel between the North and South.

Something you have no issue with, despite constantly arguing with people who question the more ridiculous guidance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

Are you? You appear to really detest living here.

Am I what, sorry?

I'm just suggesting that people consider emigrating. I think that people in the UK should consider it as well. The only reason I suggest it is because I read posts on boards in which people despair over the future. So I'm trying to raise spirits by offering an alternative. That's also why I posted a link to an article about young Russian people going to bars and rejecting masks, to compare and contrast attitudes in Ireland and elsewhere. But it's only a suggestion. I appreciate that upping sticks and emigrating isn't easy, but life seems to be pretty dire in Ireland at the moment from what I read on boards, so a fresh start in another country outside of the West might be worth considering.

Ahhh Pen. Always showing how out of touch you are. Typical flight ticket cost around Europe is 20 - 50 euros with Ryanair.

Even cheaper than that. I paid 7 euro for a flight recently.

One restriction I wouldnt bat an eyelid at would be to stop travel between the North and South.

Something you have no issue with, despite constantly arguing with people who question the more ridiculous guidance

For everyone? What about those tens of thousands who live on one side and work on the other? You're all about saving the economy...just throw those people under the bus?

• Advertisement

The selective reporting about Europes lockdowns is frustrating.

Ireland as we know is the most restricted nation in Europe all Summer and up to now, Countries that had nightclubs open are now implementing some further restrictions.

Sweden took a holistic approach to public health, and discovered the suppression of citizen's isn't a cost effective benefit health wise, the rest of Europe followed last June while NPHET remained concerned.

So here we are, heading into Winter, with hospital admissions of a respiratory illnesses rising.

There is now no out of restrictions, despite not being a beneficial exercise health wise.

Am I right in thinking that cinemas, theatres, swimming pools, and pubs are all closed in Ireland and that people are not allowed to sit inside a café?

Am I what, sorry?

I'm just suggesting that people consider emigrating. I think that people in the UK should consider it as well. The only reason I suggest it is because I read posts on boards in which people despair over the future. So I'm trying to raise spirits by offering an alternative. That's also why I posted a link to an article about young Russian people going to bars and rejecting masks, to compare and contrast attitudes in Ireland and elsewhere. But it's only a suggestion. I appreciate that upping sticks and emigrating isn't easy, but life seems to be pretty dire in Ireland at the moment from what I read on boards, so a fresh start in another country outside of the West might be worth considering.

Are you considering moving out of 'the West'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

4 weeks ago 53 hospital 7 ICU

2 weeks ago 100 hospital 17 ICU

Today 179 Hospital 30 ICU

That is a great insight. How did same numbers for the same time intervals/periods look like in 2019 and 2018? Can you provide this info please?
    Information that you provided is useless unless put into a context.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Flights only? You are completely ignoring every other cost involved with foreign travel. Accommodation? Food? Drink? Fares? Another €200 isn't all that. Like I said, you'd easily spend that on a sesh over a weekend. Don't go out for a few weekends and save up?

Anywhere in Europe would be normality.

Spain in fact just decided the restrictions in Madrid were unconstitutional.

Personally Id like to live in Sweden, this was once a beautiful country but a majority of the citizens have been zombified into believing Covid is the only health issue in town. It will take decades to remove that damage from society

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Flights only? You are completely ignoring every other cost involved with foreign travel. Accommodation? Food? Drink? Fares? Another €200 isn't all that. Like I said, you'd easily spend that on a sesh over a weekend. Don't go out for a few weekends and save up?

Travel isn’t all about holidays you know. Some people have no family in this country, and you’re either a wind up merchant or incredibly privileged with your 200 on a sesh.

That's not what Dionaibh thinks.

Spain in fact just decided the restrictions in Madrid were unconstitutional.

Personally Id like to live in Sweden, this was once a beautiful country but a majority of the citizens have been zombified into believing Covid is the only health issue in town. It will take decades to remove that damage from society

I don't know about that Fintan. I wouldn't consider France, Spain, Italy, and perhaps the UK, normal right now. The first three require masks be worn everywhere. Horrifying when you stand back and think about it for a second.

But the national government overruled the location government in Madrid and placed the city in lockdown.

I'd consider Sweden normal, and maybe Norway and Finland as well. Possibility the Czech Republic. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The €200 figure is just the average cost of a private PCR test. It’s not the EU saying you have to pay €200 to travel.
    Hopefully they allow antigen tests which would be a lot cheaper and quicker.

The cost of private PCR tests will also hopefully come down with demand.

I'm considering it. I think people should. I'm not saying people should leave the West. I'm only suggesting people who are very upset and struggling consider a fresh start outside of the West where life is very different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Give it up

Christ

Rapids tests ars available for €15

€200 is extortion

They don't want you to travel

That's why they are charging €200

They know most non idiots won't pay that

Travel is over

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Give it up

Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Give it up

Christ

€200 is extortion

Travel is over

What rapid tests are available for €15 in europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The go to comment for the anti restrictions crew when they run out of things to say.

Have we any stats for how many are actually doing the same or better on the 300 than in their jobs? If this was done right those in less would get less and those who earned more would get significantly more while costing the same overall.

Also do they qualify for eg Solid Fuel Allowance, ESB allowance and all the other small extra pensioners get? Oh and HAP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Give it up

Christ

€200 is extortion

Travel is over

Did you even read the article ?

It say's "can cost up to €200 ."

Travel is over ?

Its only from Orange or Red Countries .
    Green Countries there is no need to take the test and this new system will do away with the quarantine restrictions .

International passengers will be able to bypass quarantine requirements if they take a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, and possibly an antigen test, when departing and entering EU States.

If agreed by Cabinet next Tuesday, passengers arriving from ‘Green’ countries (those with less than 25 Covid-19 cases per 100,000 population) will not need to quarantine nor take tests. However, for those entering and leaving orange or red countries, they will be required to take a PCR test three days before leaving the country.

However, the onus will be on passengers to organise and pay for the tests, which can cost as much as €200 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Travel is going to be difficult until the new year anyway with countries tightening restrictions as case numbers increase pretty much everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

manniot2 wrote: »
    Even those that are comfortable. I struggle to understand the subservience to this and the lack of a broader appreciation for the problems these lockdowns create.

Subservience? Try acceptance? So that we can deal better with all the problems in a calmer way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Graces7 wrote: »
    Subservience? Try acceptance? So that we can deal better with all the problems in a calmer way.

And yet you think a post on the Covid thread calling for a curfew is the post of the year. Neither the post nor the poster struck me as calm. But I do agree, calmness is required.

absolute ****e comment...what happens if you're traveling on holidays with 3 teenager's??? you and the wife?? a grand added to that?
    What happens if you are a large family and you need to travel for a funeral abroad.

Sure loike you we've plenty to spunk on a "sesh" eh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The fine system for not wearing a mask how exactly is that enforced? I have no problem wearing one going into a premises but how exactly does it work ...............they don't have the power to detain a person and wait for the guards to arrive, nobody in their right mind is going to wait around and get a spot fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement