Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find space for dance studio

Options
  • 06-10-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi All,

Can you please recommend/advice on way to find space that I can use as a dance studio in Dublin for mid term (3-5 years) ?

I'm happy to put some work and money in renovation.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Meraf wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can you please recommend/advice on way to find space that I can use as a dance studio in Dublin for mid term (3-5 years) ?

Thanks

Way back I used a church hall building. In several different towns, places. for ballet. Often they are under-utilised. Ask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Are you looking for a permanent space, OP? Where in Dublin? There are a load of options on the community centre / GAA hall side of things, but you might be more limited if you need sprung floors. Also, if it’s just for mid-term, Level 3 will still be in place for the first few days of that week.

Edit: I just realised you meant you wanted the space for the mid-term, as in three to five years duration, rather than doing classes for three to five year olds during the school mid-term!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Hi All,

Thanks

You need to find an estate agent you can work with.

This is beyond what you asked, but:

It is an immense amount of work to establish a dance studio between the location itself, the teachers and programs and then the marketing. It will take a few years to build up. Does it really work to get a five year lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Meraf

Graces7 wrote: »
    Way back I used a church hall building. In several different towns, places. for ballet. Often they are under-utilised. Ask ?

Thank you. Who do you think I should look for? /as a person who manages such inquiries/.

Thank you. Who do you think I should look for? /as a person who manages such inquiries/.

There is usually a parish office on the parish web site? or most parishes, RC have a newsletter online and will have contact numbers there

the diocesan web sites list parishes.

For C of I, they also a website etc.

And in my experience they will put you on to the right folk.

I hope it works out for you... I had some very happy times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Graces7 wrote: »
    There is usually a parish office on the parish web site? or most parishes, RC have a newsletter online and will have contact numbers there

the diocesan web sites list parishes.

For C of I, they also a website etc.

And in my experience they will put you on to the right folk.

I hope it works out for you... I had some very happy times.

Very few churches in Ireland (compared to other countries) have halls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There are loads of dance studios available for rent in Dublin. What location are you looking for?

Very few churches in Ireland (compared to other countries) have halls.

Our experiences differ; many do eg C of I especially, and the free churches

and the lady only needs one ;)

Comes within my area of expertise..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Meraf

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There are loads of dance studios available for rent in Dublin. What location are you looking for?

City center and surrounding areas are ok / not far from main transport connection/s/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Liffey Trust is probably your best bet, so. Just off the Luas red line beside the IFSC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement