Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI unpaid So fee

• 06-10-2020 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Got an unpaid So fee for the first time.

I get paid weekly on a Friday and have SO going into savings.

We are saving for a house deposit so every Thursday whatever is left in the account gets transferred into savings. I have never had an issue.

Last Friday SO never went. I rang 365 online and I was told SO was presented before salary went in. Very unusual as my salary is always there at midnight or just after. I have checked bank on 2 years of bank statements and this has never happened before

BOI stated no issues with payments into accounts on Friday.

Is this a new plot to present payments going out of accounts before payments in to get more fees?

I'm shocked

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Is this a new plot to present payments going out of accounts before payments in to get more fees?

I'm surprised this has not happened to you before now. The timing of these things are not guaranteed down to the hour, it is always possible there will be some kind of a glitch from time to time. You should put a good 24 hours between this things to make sure it does not happen again.

You might want to try ASK BOI - if a once off they might refund as a courtesy, but you might want to put 24 distance between your receipts and payments per above. BOI aren't able to control your bank's side of the transaction and there could be a computer glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Thanks I honestly did realise they would take payme ts out before they would put money in

Honestly never happened before and has never caused an issue with direct debits either

Advertisement