Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be in favor of covid-19 fines in Ireland?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

d15ude wrote: »
    So the system needs to be changed.

Start now, no better time!
    People expecting the health system to deliver, the government can only win
    if they start disrupting this money pit.

extraordinary difficult task to change such a complex system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

AUDI20 wrote: »
    I am in the same position, my Mother is still alive and well Thank God and about I hour away in an neighbouring County. I hope the Garda use common sense in applying the rules as I feel going the check on my elderly mother is an essential journey. I do agree with the fines in principle though.

I agree with fines, once there's a loophole for me. :rolleyes:

monetary fines dont always work at changing behaviours anyway

The_Brood wrote: »
    Fines? I am absolutely in favor of mass arrests, taking people's houses, and ruining them financially if they are having house parties. No welfare, no support - throw them out on the streets.

But same for the government. They opened the schools in defiance of all health logic. They shouldn't just be allowed to walk out when they get voted out. They need to be in prison for this choice.

Those of us who are adhering by all the rules but just getting door after door slammed in our faces and suffering because of cowardly government and house partying folks shouldn't just sit back and take this. There need to be consequences.

:D:D:D:D:D You came in way too strong. 1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭AUDI20

Common sense is a great thing, what would you deem essential journey.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    monetary fines dont always work at changing behaviours anyway

Why does anyone tax their car then?

Something essential. Not popping in for a cup of tea and a chat. Use Zoom to see your mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭AUDI20

Something essential. Not popping in for a cup of tea and a chat. Use Zoom to see your mother.

Another one liner smart answer as usual, my Mother is not well at the moment and doesn't have access to Zoom or anything like it. Its far from a cup of tea, a chat maybe and to check she's okay. Its amazing how people make assumptions not knowing the facts of anyones situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭LeBash

Let them prove it then.

If a person with a disability parks in a disabled space without a badge they will be clamped - this is not discrimination nor would it ever be considered it.

A person with a disability tries to claim a grant for adapting their vehicle with no evidence they will be turned down - this is not discrimination

A person with a disability that can't wear a mask shows up at a shop and tries to enter with no documentary evidence but is stopped - this is not discrimination

Simple solution is to allow shopping without a mask for 1 hour per day or do it for 1 hour 3 days a week.

I doubt many have an actual reason not to wear a mask but the evidence says, masks work at reducing numbers. The same people will say anyone who is at risk should stay at home but apparently they are at risk also if they can't wear a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i would deem essential journey where person sit in their car and drive hour or two across few counties for whatever the f reason they might have should be justified.

No fcking idiot sits in their car to drive to next county or drive around country burning fuel cash just for fcking fun. hows that ?

• Advertisement

Why does anyone tax their car then?

does everyone tax their cars?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    does everyone tax their cars?

The vast majority, I wouldn't have a hope if taxing my car if it wasn't for the risk of punishment.

The vast majority, I wouldn't have a hope if taxing my car if it wasn't for the risk of punishment.

...but some dont, sometimes, some never.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

absolutely bring in fines and take the PUP from the dirtbags who are claiming it illegally

theballz wrote:
    absolutely bring in fines and take the PUP from the dirtbags who are claiming it illegally

Increasing the money supply is critical now for the economy, and it's far safer to do it via the public money supply with covid payments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Andhonest

But what happens when the fine is unfair? My daughter is a student in a shared college apartment ( 9 people - all individual tenancies). One of the flatmates brought a number of people back, during lockdown, from their hometown, and those clowns in turn brought more people in. Complete recklessness. The gardai came and took the names of all of the apartment residents who were there. My daughter is included, and now has a €500 'organiser' fine for just being in her own apartment. It is really unfair as she is quiet, obeyed Covid guidelines, AND has an underlying illness. To make it worse, the fine came to the home address and wasn't opened as she wasn't here. Its well over the 28 days now. I am not sure what can be done, or if other students/ sharers have this problem? PS. There is zero evidence on cctv or anything to connect her to the people arriving.

Advertisement