Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axial fuse in Dublin

Options
  • 07-10-2020 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭

I have a Tefal Actifry which stopped working recently. Replacing the motor unfortunately didn't fix it, but I did notice one of the two fuses on the board looked blown and a multimeter confirmed it was.

I desoldered it from the board and brought it to a few local electrical suppliers to try and get a replacement, but they'd not seen a fuse like it before. The fuse is marked as 200mA 250V.

Looking online I think they're called axial or pigtail fuses. Are there any suppliers that'd stock them in Dublin, or is the slow boat from China/eBay my best option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭3d4life

Any idea why the fuse blew ?

Try to figure it out

Possible sources for replacement RS/Radionics, CPC/Farnell, Amazon ...

I'd get the correct rating fuse and use a different style fuse holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

3d4life wrote: »
    Any idea why the fuse blew ?

Try to figure it out

Possible sources for replacement RS/Radionics, CPC/Farnell, Amazon ...
    I'm not sure why it blew. When powered the paddle moves slowly but the fan at the back doesn't. You can see the internals in in this video, it's the same fuse blown @~2:30 that's gone for me too.

I can't seem to find a replacement fan though the motor and other parts are available. It's 10 years old so replacing the fuse is probably the most I'll try at this stage.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

That looks like a 20mm fuse with push on caps to hold it, so they should be readily available from a number of sources, some wholesalers keep them, and radionics for sure. Grab each end with a pair of pliers or grips, and twist. They should come off, and then the rating on the fuse end cap can be read to get the right value replacement

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement