Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop suggestions, to run a game.

Options
  • 07-10-2020 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I'd be grateful for suggestions.

For Christmas, I am trying to get a laptop capable of playing a game with the following spec.

Planet Coaster Recommended Requirements
    • CPU: Intel i7-4770/AMD FX-8350.
    • RAM: 12 GB.
    • VIDEO CARD: nVidia GTX 980 (4GB)/AMD R9 380 (4GB)
    • FREE DISK SPACE: 8 GB.
    • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4 GB.
    It's for a kid, there are no other requirements.

Thank you..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'd guess for a new laptop that exceeds the minimum specs you are looking at at least €600, they don't sell those GPU's any more so you are looking at a GTX1650 as the cheapest option for the GPU. Does that comport with your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean3y

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'd guess for a new laptop that exceeds the minimum specs you are looking at at least €600, they don't sell those GPU's any more so you are looking at a GTX1650 as the cheapest option for the GPU. Does that comport with your budget?

Thank you! yes €600 is within the budget.

It's all a foreign language to me.

If I walk into a local store and ask for this spec, I'd have no idea if I was getting all I need and/or way above.

Thanks for the information

Now we have established your budget is €600-€700 say I am sure people will start to recommend the best bang for buck, much better off usually buying off a reputable online seller than going into Currys and getting ripped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean3y

Good point! I appreciated the help, thank you!

I'll kick things off with one from Curry's that isn't a bad deal. Bit light on HD Storage mind, you may need to add a new SSD down the line.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10205931-pdt.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement