If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV with Saorview & Freesat

Options
  • 07-10-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]My 32" LG recently succumbed to the black screen of death.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Really liked having saorview and FTA on the TV without the need for a set top box, but the poor EPG on the FTA and constant retuning of the satellite channels was a pain. It also had the ability to record to an external hard drive but you couldn't watch another channel while it was recording.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there any options for [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]32” with Saorview and Freesat? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Or at 43” with 4k?[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are there any options with a twin tuner (ability to record one channel and watch another)?[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]TIA[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]My 32" LG recently succumbed to the black screen of death.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Really liked having saorview and FTA on the TV without the need for a set top box, but the poor EPG on the FTA and constant retuning of the satellite channels was a pain. It also had the ability to record to an external hard drive but you couldn't watch another channel while it was recording.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there any options for [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]32” with Saorview and Freesat? [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are there any options with a twin tuner (ability to record one channel and watch another)?[/font]

Hi Quitepossibly.

The only 32" with a Satellite tuner would be the LG 32LM3600 priced at £249
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204515-lg-32lm6300pla-32-inch-hdr-smart-led-tv-1080p-hd-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

It has both Saorview and Freesat tuners.
    It is only single tuner so you can not record a station while watching a 2nd unfortunately.

For a 43" there is the LG 43UN73006 priced at £399 but again only single tuner.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204696-lg-43un73006lc-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 quitepossibly

Hi Quitepossibly.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204515-lg-32lm6300pla-32-inch-hdr-smart-led-tv-1080p-hd-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

It is only single tuner so you can not record a station while watching a 2nd unfortunately.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204696-lg-43un73006lc-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Thanks

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny. I'll check those out

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Quitepossibly.

Thanks

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny. I'll check those out
    Hi Quitepossibly.

No worries at all.

Let me know once you have a check over things and we can take it from there.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.