Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing an A2 Restrictor

Options
  • 07-10-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at a bike currently but it has an A2 restrictor fitted (ECU),
    the owner has the original ECU.

I'm assuming this is just a simple plug in\out job that I shouldn't need a garage to do?

Is there anything recorded on any System to say the bike was previously A2 restricted?

Cheers

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

straight swap no garage needed. Wouldn't be on anything on log book or elsehwere if it's not factory restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Ah ok cheers, I'll make sure to check the Logbook to see if it was restricted from new,

If it was on the Log Book then I'm assuming I need a garage to remove it and certify it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you'd need to fill out a form and send it to them in shannon and they would probably want some kind of engineers report. Never looked into that at all so a complete guess. If he has the original ECU then it probably wasn't restricted from factory though so you will be grand, just stick the full power one in and sell the restricted one

Advertisement