Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the government failed to sell the message of self and national preservation?

Options
  • 07-10-2020 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Before this gets subsumed and lost in an existing thread....

Does anyone else despair somewhat at the way the facts of Covid 19 are being disseminated to the public, many of whom barely pay any attention to mainstream media in this day and age.

If I was in charge I'd be going with the message of self preservation constantly and of course tugging at the heartstrings of emotional and indeed practical relationships within the family unit.

"No dad, no income, protect your dad, wear a mask" sort of thing :)

I'd also get the message about general health across - weight, vitamins and so on.

We have to get the message to non English language populations, the young who hardly know what the main evening news is and others who are on the margins by accident or design.

Prosaic and practical stuff really, just parroting about 'all of us being in it together' is wishy washy guff really.

Advertisement