Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about cancelled classes/refund.

Options
  • 07-10-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for some advice please.

I booked and paid for a class that was due to commence at the beginning of March via their website.

We all know what happened next.

As a result, the classes were cancelled and the option of a refund was offered or to wait until classes resume.

At the time I didn’t expect covid to last this long so decided to wait the few weeks until classes resumed.

A month ago, I contacted the company to request a refund based on the reality that classes are not going to take place for the foreseeable future.

Communication from them has been very poor but they have now told me that I can’t have a refund. My options are wait for classes to recommence or avail of an online class (not the same type of class).

There wasn’t a deadline placed on that offer of a refund so didn’t think it would be an issue to wait and see.

Do I have any options here? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi, just looking for some advice please.

I booked and paid for a class that was due to commence at the beginning of March via their website.

We all know what happened next.

As a result, the classes were cancelled and the option of a refund was offered or to wait until classes resume.

At the time I didn’t expect covid to last this long so decided to wait the few weeks until classes resumed.

A month ago, I contacted the company to request a refund based on the reality that classes are not going to take place for the foreseeable future.

Communication from them has been very poor but they have now told me that I can’t have a refund. My options are wait for classes to recommence or avail of an online class (not the same type of class).

There wasn’t a deadline placed on that offer of a refund so didn’t think it would be an issue to wait and see.

Do I have any options here? Thanks

It’s tricky... did you pay much for the classes? Like 100+?
    The tricky part would be that if you paid by card you might not be entitled to a charge back.

If the business is still running you could consider SCC. Just ensure you have all the correspondents archived is email..

What I’d do is try and be polite but try to reason with them. Failing this maybe ask to speak to the owner/manager. Perhaps reach out to social media.

Failing that maybe SCC might be best

Advertisement